"Waiting for www.faunaads.com..." - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 06-12-2014, 03:56 PM   #1
Fangthane
"Waiting for www.faunaads.com..."

I've been having this intermittent issue for a few months, and Fauna is the only site I frequent that seems to be giving me this problem. Sometimes, when trying to load or refresh a page, I'll get the green background and the Fauna logo in the upper-left corner of the page; but that's all that loads. When this happens, there's always a small notification on the screen that says "Waiting for www.faunaads.com..." Refreshing doesn't help, nor does closing the browser and reopening it. The only 'fix' that seems to work is clearing out cookies and cache. I currently use Firefox; but IE was no better. It's also happened on both my former desktop as well as my current laptop.

In the several months that I can remember this happening, it was generally for fairly short periods of time - usually just a day, but sometimes up to a week. The frequency with which I need to do my 'fix' is pretty variable, also. Generally, I'd get a couple of hours before I'd need to do it again. Today, it's been about 30 minutes in between fixes. Despite knowing that I'm pure walking bad luck; I think there's gotta be others having the same issue. Anyone?

Old 06-12-2014, 03:57 PM   #2
Fangthane
Forgot to include my screenshot.
Attached Images

Old 06-12-2014, 04:22 PM   #3
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
Sometimes, when trying to load or refresh a page, I'll get the green background and the Fauna logo in the upper-left corner of the page; but that's all that loads.
I get that every once in a while but without the 'waiting for faunaads' part and refresh usually will load the page, although sometimes I have to refresh a few times, this is when I use IE.

I wasn't sure if it was something that is due to fauna, the internet connection or where I am accessing the site. I know that doesn't help you but just something similar that I've seen happen so figured I'd mention it.

Old 06-12-2014, 04:45 PM   #4
Fangthane
Take 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post

I wasn't sure if it was something that is due to fauna, the internet connection or where I am accessing the site. I know that doesn't help you but just something similar that I've seen happen so figured I'd mention it.
This is a big part of what's bugging the bejeezus out of me. I consider myself fairly tech-savvy, but I'm drawing a blank. I can refresh to my cold, little heart's content...doesn't help. Were it an issue with my specific internet connection, I'd think it'd effect more than just my ability to connect to this site. Were it an issue with Fauna itself, others would have had to complain about it by now. I just don't get it.

This is my second attempt at replying to you. What happened to the first one? Lost it when the problem decided to present itself right as I clicked "Preview Post". I'm gonna have to make a conscious effort to remember to copy all my posts before previewing or submitting. When you're as long-winded as I am, it sucks having to type stuff twice.

Old 06-12-2014, 05:16 PM   #5
WebSlave
About once a day lately I'll get a slow down, and I've never really pinned down what is causing it. I checked the processes running on the server and it seems like loading gets LESS when that happens, not more like you would expect. I've asked the server people to run a scan for intrusions, just in case a hacker might have gotten in and absconding with server processes for his or her own means.

I did increase the caching period on FaunaAds, just in case it might have been a little bit too tight. Might be when traffic is heaviest, there wasn't enough time for the cache to build the images before the next cache build needed to be done, therefore tying up sending the image display to everyone's browsers. It could also be that I have one or more advertisers using ads that are a little larger than I would like.

Heck, could be a network issue at the data center, or any number of things. Maybe an update was done on some obscure part of the server core routines that is hiccuping till the developers figure it out and fix it. There is a crazy amount of stuff that has to be running just right for this all to work.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!