Derek Roberts hasnt sent my snake! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-22-2006, 02:19 PM   #1
bigybigy
Derek Roberts hasnt sent my snake!

Has anyone heard of Derek Roberts? I bought a female albino from him and sent him the money. He told me that he got the money and was going to ship her out the following monday, tuesday or wed, it was up to me. I told him any of the days would be fine and just to let me know when he ships her. Not only has he not shipped the snake,but hasnt even returned any of my emails.It has been several weeks and this whole thing has me quite conserned to say the least. Any one who knows or has the ability to contact him please let me know. Thanks for your time, Sean

Old 10-22-2006, 02:54 PM   #2
NathanLedet
sorry to hear about this...Do a search on Derek Roberts and you'll return a number of results. There are many posts saying that he is in fact a good person to deal with..but based on a quick skim of threads and posts, it seems you may not be a part of a scam, but rather a difficulty on Derek's end. There could be an explaination. Try calling him

Old 10-23-2006, 01:11 AM   #3
bigybigy
Thanks alot Nate.

Old 10-23-2006, 05:52 AM   #4
extreme_bci
I bought a pair of 100% hets form Derek Roberts in 05. I had no problems with him. I'm sure he will come through.

Thanks, Josh

Old 10-23-2006, 08:34 PM   #5
snakeman56
Where is this Derek from?? I had a dealing with a Derek Roberts from I think the Phoenix area and it was not good!!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigybigy
Has anyone heard of Derek Roberts? I bought a female albino from him and sent him the money. He told me that he got the money and was going to ship her out the following monday, tuesday or wed, it was up to me. I told him any of the days would be fine and just to let me know when he ships her. Not only has he not shipped the snake,but hasnt even returned any of my emails.It has been several weeks and this whole thing has me quite conserned to say the least. Any one who knows or has the ability to contact him please let me know. Thanks for your time, Sean

Old 10-23-2006, 08:45 PM   #6
Mike Greathouse
Sean,
What are the details of your transaction with Derek Roberts? When posting a thread with a title such as the one you chose, the BOI requires some details of the transaction. How did you first come to contact him. What were the details of the transaction. The more information that you provide, the more likely other people will be able to help you get to the bottom of this.

With that said,

Do a search here on Derek Roberts. You will get several threads in the results. In the first or second thread there was a post by someone who was a friend of his and lived close by. He might be able to help you in this matter.

I don't know anything about Derek Roberts, but there seem to be many good posts about him as well. Maybe one of these people can contact him with better results.

Good luck.

Old 11-24-2006, 03:12 PM   #7
bigybigy
I first came into contact with him here on the BOI. I saw his add for a yearling female albino het stripe (without paperwork.) He was asking 675, but we agreed on 600. He sent me a long list of references so i went ahead and sent him the money. Derek received it on 10/12/06. He told me that he received it on that date, he also told me that he didnt like shipping on thursdays because of mishaps in the past. I told him that was fine and that any day the following week would be fine, just to let me know ahead of time. So, the next week comes and goes without word from Derek. I email him asking him whats going on and if something unexpected has come up to just let me know so we could work things out. After multiple emails and starting a thread here i got his attention. He claimed that all my new emails got sent into his spam folder and that i should have called him. He said monday or tuesday of the following week would be fine and for me to just let him know. Well, this was on 10/25/06. I even called him and emailed him on multiple attempts telling him that those dates would be perfect. Once again on the following week, he emails me and tells me that he wasnt able to ship on monday or tuesday and that he was going to ship her out on thursday even though he hates to do so. I again told him that it would be fine and to let me know the tracking number once he gets it. That was back in 11/2/06. Monday and tuesday rolled around, but nothing. So, i must have called him and emailed him half a dozen times asking for my money back because i was tired of the runaround. He hasnt responded since the 2nd of November and this whole thing has got me worried. Any one who knows this man let me know whether it be on a personal level or a simple past transaction. Thanks, Sean

Old 11-24-2006, 03:42 PM   #8
SSReptiles
I bought a possible super salmon from Derek Roberts. Transation went very good. I'm sure something went wrong on his end. He may have computer troubles or something. Don't give up, I'm sure he'll come threw with you.

Old 11-24-2006, 05:28 PM   #9
bigybigy
I tried calling him again yesterday, but he didnt answer. So, I just left a message.

Old 11-25-2006, 10:58 AM   #10
rick c
I purchased animals from Derek a couple years ago. The first deal was completed quickly, with no problems, the second deal had me concerned, because it took him some time to ship the animal. After many calls and emails, unanswered, we finally made contact. All in all it turned out fine.
However, this year a friend of mine asked me about how he was to do business with, I gave him a good recommendation, but cautioned about slow delivery. He proceeded to do a deal with him, for 2 adult ready to breed female boas. First, he was slow on shipping them out, the lack of communication, was a major problem again.
When he finally sent them, they were shipped in black Hefty trash bags. After getting them settled in, in their new enclosures, they were found to have severe RI, they were promptly taken to the vet, halfway through the series of injections, one died, and prior to the last injection on the remaining animal, she died. I really can't give a good recommendation (with a clear conscience), any longer. I can't believe anyone would ship in a black trash bag! That is inexcusable! I don't know what has happened to Derek, but whatever it is, it isn't good.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!