im so turned off by some people.. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:04 PM   #1
james tarpey
im so turned off by some people..

i recently joined the kinkajou forum on yahoo groups and there was this woman beth who posted about recommending ripping out kinkajous canine teeth and having them declawed so they dont scratch..when i posted how sick this woman was and how you shouldnt rip out an animals teeth and claws so you dont risk getting bitten, i was attacked on the forum and everyone supported this woman and her practice....am i the only sane person in the world??? or am i missing something here? if you dont wanna risk getting bitten, you dont buy a kinkajou...simple as that!!!..some people want to have their cake and eat it too no matter what the cost!!!..not a single person on a forum thats supposed to be of kinkajou lovers stood up for my opinion and my distaste for the practice!!..sick people!

Old 08-10-2009, 11:26 PM   #2
ianinnj
Right there with you buddy. I was in another yahoo group where it was also fashionable to cut pieces off their exotic animals to make them more convenient to have as pets. I condemned the stupid, selfish, ignorant people, for the mutilation of their 'beloved' babies, and I was attacked by so many of them. Those who did agree with me, and I know their were quite a few, they remained silent for fear they also would be personally attacked. They want their own closed little group where they can enjoy their evil behavior together. In the end I got tired of fighting for what was right, and left, taking with me my extensive knowledge of that particular species. If people do not want the possibility of getting bitten or scratched, then they should get themselves a fish. I enjoy all the species of animals I care for, as they were created, I do what is right. Sadly there will always be irresponsible people who buy exotics for the cute factor. Wish I could change the world, but I am just one voice. I think the vets who do those procedures are just as much to blame. They should know better, but instead, all many of them can see, is the opportunity to make a quick buck.

Old 08-11-2009, 04:20 AM   #3
DAND
You can read many threads about Venomoids here on Fauna that read very much the same way with the exception that you will have a majority against versus for the mutilation of the animals.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:05 AM   #4
Wolfy-hound
Almost all "pet" primates end up with their canine teeth removed. It's very sad, that people will call these poor animals their "kids" and how wonderful they are as pets.. but they will grind down or even remove totally the canine teeth for safety. If it's such a wonderful pet, why would you worry about the teeth? I don't remove my dog's canine teeth!

Old 08-11-2009, 08:45 AM   #5
james tarpey
i wish someone with common sense like this posted there. its funny because the forum mis supposed to be for kink lovers

Old 08-11-2009, 09:37 AM   #6
MDC_Ophiuchus
Human beings are the worst kind of people.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:59 AM   #7
LauraB
Mark Twain said it:

Quote:
"I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the lower animals (so-called), and contrasting them with the traits and dispositions of man.
I find the result humiliating to me. For it obliges me to renounce my allegiance to the Darwinian theory of the Ascent of Man from the Lower Animals; since it now seems plain to me that the theory ought to be vacated in favor of a new and truer one, this new and truer one to be named the Descent of Man from the Higher Animals.

In proceeding toward this unpleasant conclusion I have not guessed or speculated or conjectured, but have used what is commonly called the scientific method .....

Some of my experiments were quite curious. In the course of my reading I had come across a case where, many years ago, some hunters on our Great Plains organized a buffalo hunt for the entertainment of an English Earl. They had charming sport.
They killed seventy-two of those great animals; and ate part of one of them and left the seventy-one to rot. In order to determine the difference between an anaconda and an Earl (if any) I caused seven young calves to be turned into the anaconda's cage.

The grateful reptile immediately crushed one of them and swallowed it, then lay back satisfied. It showed no further interest in the calves, and no disposition to harm them. I tried this experiment with other anacondas; always with the same result. The fact stood proven that the difference between an Earl and an anaconda is that the Earl is cruel and the anaconda isnt; and that the Earl wantonly destroys what he has no use for, but the anaconda doesnt.

This seemed to suggest that the anaconda was not descended from the Earl. It also seemed to suggest that the Earl was descended from the anaconda, and had lost a good deal in the transition."

Old 10-10-2009, 11:46 AM   #8
Lolo76
Wow... I just love that story above (posted by a fellow Laura ). Sad but 100% true.

Old 10-15-2009, 04:09 AM   #9
MiIguanaLvr
The same sorts post on Facebook all the time, screaming and yelling about every shelter cat or dog who may have to be euthanized due to overcrowding, health or temperament.
Apparently it has not occurred to these lamebrains that there is a pet overpopulation problem and even though there are rescues out there, like mine, it is only a small help.
I got bashed during an exchange about a group having to put to sleep a vicious dog. Everyone was upset and harassing the person who had to put the animal down. I defended the owners decision, stating simply that the owner did the responsible thing rather than dump the dog on someone else.
These people think that the owner should keep him, no matter what, or else send him to a "no kill shelter" where he will never be adopted, go kennel crazy in his small cage and sit there on cold cement floors until he dies of old age. That is MUCH better than a humane death in the arms of the only owner the dog has known?
I understand being an animal lover, that is what I am. I understand being caring and compassionate and giving. Trust me, I do. Ten years ago my husband and I founded Mid Michigan Boxer Rescue. During that time there have been many tough decisions to make regarding the health or temperament of a dog in our groups care.
I am so sick and tired of nutcases out there with their own idea of how to be humane.
Cut off the tips of a wild animals paws so they do not claw, pull their teeth so they do not bite, keep vicious dogs alive even if that puts many people at risk. Makes total sense, right?
It sounds to me like the nutcases are the very people who should not keep living creatures as pets at all.

Old 10-18-2009, 01:40 PM   #10
tinmantribe5
Well nobodys taken my teeth Buddy...............

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!