Bad Guy Phil Robbins and Jeremy Hargett ( jsh reptiles ) - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-24-2016, 04:53 PM   #31
filenamex5100
Last of the fb screen shots with jeremy. Again...hopefully they are in order.

Jeremy....i posted for you. Lol. Please post your own screen shots and show us what i left out!!!
Attached Images

Old 10-24-2016, 05:03 PM   #32
bobtard
The photographed scorpion does not look like any Androctonus species I've ever seen. And I've seen plenty.

Old 10-24-2016, 05:13 PM   #33
filenamex5100
exactly bobtard!
regardless if it was togolensis....phil himself said he didn't have any!!
but you are correct.....the picture that was provided to me from Jeremy as well as sent to other potential buyers is hottentotta hottentotta. i currently have a handful of them...a few with babies on their backs. it is clearly not any androctonus species.
but honestly...that doesn't overly matter because phil admitted he doesn't have togolensis.
heres my thoughts (THIS IS ME ASSUMING but a pretty educated assumption):

1) phil told me on arachnoboards that the togolensis turned out to be more hottentotta.
2) knowing he couldn't post on arachnoboards as togolensis (because i would see it immediately), he contacted his employee or friend Jeremy to sell them on a facebook classified group to avoid detection.
3) once i contacted phil and started asking question about them still being listed, the FB add was removed.
4) when i contacted Jeremy about available scorpions, he had no idea who i was at that time. i was a random guy to him.
5) phil finds out a guy names rowdy kent is asking about togolensis on facebook, he puts two and two together and realizes I'm the guy he told he didn't have any to begin with.

alas....busted scam attempt!

Old 10-24-2016, 09:08 PM   #34
Lucille
Question: One of the names listed on the title of your thread is Phil Robbins. There is a Miamicracker presently selling hottentots here on Fauna but the name is Phill Rob. Are they one and the same? If so, what is the actual true name of this person??

Old 10-24-2016, 10:25 PM   #35
filenamex5100
i havnt seen what the add you are referring to but i would assume that's the same person. Phil was what he told me, and Jeremy told me his name is Phil Robbins. since you say its miamicracker...its got to be the same guy.

Old 10-24-2016, 10:54 PM   #36
filenamex5100
I'm the only person (to my knowledge) that originally talked to phil in a private message on arachnoboards about the togolensis.
arachnoboards is one of the main places people buy and sell inverts. he started a thread in the scorpion section asking for identification of togolensis...for which he was unsuccessful due to the very limited knowledge worldwide of togolensis. (yes they are that rare).
i find it EXTREMELY suspect that he chose to use the discussion thread on arachnoboards but not post in the classifieds (where i was pm'ing him). yet he and/or Jeremy chose to post them on a facebook group classified that they knew i wasn't a member of. once i started asking questions about togolensis to Jeremy and then telling phil that togolensis are being offered for sale, i then "liked" the facebook group classified page and then they removed the add totally.

am i the only one that thinks that is super suspect and basically an admission of guilt??
maybe i am crazy but it sure makes a lot of sense to me. lol.

Old 10-25-2016, 09:00 AM   #37
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by filenamex5100 View Post
i havnt seen what the add you are referring to but i would assume that's the same person. Phil was what he told me, and Jeremy told me his name is Phil Robbins. since you say its miamicracker...its got to be the same guy.
That concerns me. If it is the same person, then one of the names is fake. And what that means, is that when an innocent buyer sees one of his ads here and clicks on the BOI icon that is placed below ads here on Fauna, this thread will not come up. Whether that is intentional evasion or not, in my opinion, using a fake name is a red flag.

Old 10-25-2016, 09:04 AM   #38
Lucille
Here is the ad I saw:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...21#post1955221

Old 10-25-2016, 12:25 PM   #39
Chris Kennard
So Phil has an account here and surely must be aware of this thread, being Jeremy's "invertebrates manager". I'm sure he had a good reason for not chiming in here (wink, wink).

Old 10-25-2016, 12:39 PM   #40
nickolasanastasiou
For the record, here is the ad. I have removed it for failure to comply with the full name rule.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!