Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-23-2016, 09:10 PM   #121
Sugarhedgie
Next...
Attached Images

Old 12-23-2016, 09:11 PM   #122
Sugarhedgie
Nextttt
Attached Images

Old 12-23-2016, 09:12 PM   #123
Sugarhedgie
Nexxt
Attached Images

Old 12-23-2016, 09:13 PM   #124
Sugarhedgie
Last one
Attached Images

Old 12-23-2016, 10:04 PM   #125
Fangthane
Well, the vague "not my problem" tone is about all one could realistically expect in such a situation. His platitude about justice and the idea that it really has anything to do with who has the most righteous claim is pretty laughable. I suspect he's well aware of just how important deep pockets are to the pursuit of justice; and just how deep Ty Park's pockets are. I guess there'd be no real incentive for him to care enough to at least make a definitive statement about who he believes to be right; especially if it could possibly impact the flow of donations into his organization's coffers. Sometimes, it's just hard not to lament the fact that the world has become a place where making sure one's own ass is covered is the main consideration.

If you're in a financial position to continue pursuing this legally, I'd love to see you do so. I have trouble believing that whatever weak semantic arguments he may try to hide behind will trump how clearly it seems that he refused to honor the contractual obligations from his raffle. His terms outlined a binary proposition and you didn't receive either of the two possible outcomes for a winning ticket. I've been actively looking for it, but I just can't really see any gray area in the whole situation.

Old 12-23-2016, 10:40 PM   #126
Dro B
Hey Michelle, just out of curiosity, if he did say he'd refund you the $500 and donate the rest to charity is it something youd be willing to do? I do beleive this is a clear case of "I have it, and I COULD give it, but I just don't want her to have it". I think you should strongly consider this because as I'm sure you've discovered by now lawsuits are very expensive and if you lose, you don't get anything, and if you have done research and think you have a strong chance of only getting your $500 back you may want to consider the option, as I'm 99.9% certain he would agree to it. I beleive he's damaged his reputation permanently here, the worst type of businessman is the type who doesn't honor thier word, and then decides that because you "said something bad" about him, he somehow no longer owes you what he owes you. It shows other people that if they do move forward on a deal and something goes wrong, there's enough reason to beleive they may never see thier money again, and with thus guy it would be too much money for the average person to gamble with. There are over a dozen breeders who have otherwise impeccable reputations who I will never buy from for this reason, because they made 1 mistake, slacked off on making it right, and took the old " bag guy thread makes us even" stance. You are definitely 100% right and 100% owed the tegu or $3000, but as time goes on maybe youd want to consider proposing that type of deal because at the end of the day I do beleive that the fact he's donated so much does show he is a good person who's made the mistake of letting his ego get in the way in a situation he created. I'm not so much asking for you to answer the question to me personally, but to simply ask yourself so if the time comes and a lawer tells you the odd aren't in your favor, that you may decide to propose something like this for the simple fact that at least the money you won't get will still go to a good cause.

Old 12-24-2016, 01:07 AM   #127
Sugarhedgie
Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dro B View Post
Hey Michelle, just out of curiosity, if he did say he'd refund you the $500 and donate the rest to charity is it something youd be willing to do? I do beleive this is a clear case of "I have it, and I COULD give it, but I just don't want her to have it". I think you should strongly consider this because as I'm sure you've discovered by now lawsuits are very expensive and if you lose, you don't get anything, and if you have done research and think you have a strong chance of only getting your $500 back you may want to consider the option, as I'm 99.9% certain he would agree to it. I beleive he's damaged his reputation permanently here, the worst type of businessman is the type who doesn't honor thier word, and then decides that because you "said something bad" about him, he somehow no longer owes you what he owes you. It shows other people that if they do move forward on a deal and something goes wrong, there's enough reason to beleive they may never see thier money again, and with thus guy it would be too much money for the average person to gamble with. There are over a dozen breeders who have otherwise impeccable reputations who I will never buy from for this reason, because they made 1 mistake, slacked off on making it right, and took the old " bag guy thread makes us even" stance. You are definitely 100% right and 100% owed the tegu or $3000, but as time goes on maybe youd want to consider proposing that type of deal because at the end of the day I do beleive that the fact he's donated so much does show he is a good person who's made the mistake of letting his ego get in the way in a situation he created. I'm not so much asking for you to answer the question to me personally, but to simply ask yourself so if the time comes and a lawer tells you the odd aren't in your favor, that you may decide to propose something like this for the simple fact that at least the money you won't get will still go to a good cause.
I debated on weather to comment on this or not but here it goes.
I hear what you are saying but I don't believe that is fair to
Me in this situation.
Don't get me wrong. I myself donate thousands of dollars to sugar glider rescues and sg research study's But I don't flaunt it , require recognition or gloat about it.
My donation to the IRCF was the 400 I paid for the raffle tickets for the tegu that I never even received.
asking ty for a $500 refund at this point and putting my name on a donation that ty has already received recognition and praise for IMO is not an acceptable resolution to this.
IRCF has received according to ty $8,510 for the lizard that he claimed was mine.

Because of the different state laws I know that in mass I will get at least the 500 back. I am still in the process of gathering the info for perusing this in Fl. So I don't even know what the possible outcomes may or may not be yet.

Ty may be a generous donator because he is a multimillionaire and that is great and appliudable but his attitude really stinks.
He is a bully. He is very disrespectful if things don't go his way or should I say if they don't go the way he wants them to go.
He is an just an average person and no better than anyone of us.

If he is such a great person and so respectable I wouldn't have had to post on here to start with I would have been taking exceptional care of an amazing animal but instead I an being forced to chase him to try and get what he promised me.

Old 12-24-2016, 01:45 AM   #128
franktiles
What most people are missing is the fact that Ty admits everything she said he did in his single reply post and gives very little conscern about what she is saying is true?

But it may be there is an even bigger problem being hidden from view?

Realise, as a business man, he has money allotted for certain things and he alludes to this fact in one of the posts as to his expenditures towards this endeavor was "fullfilled" and thus was unwilling to put any more money towards it. This may have more to do with the circumstances than most are aware of as any accountant knows throwing money from here to there can get you in trouble with the IRS. So it's possible that sending her "personal" funds instead of a lizard may be putting himself at risk in this manner as to its justification. He may have bit off more than he can chew by suggesting in this non-profit endeavor to offer personal money made outside of that tax blanket, not realising at the time the payout was made, that it would be outside the rules of a non-profit raffle.

Old 12-24-2016, 01:55 AM   #129
Sugarhedgie
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktiles View Post
What most people are missing is the fact that Ty admits everything she said he did in his single reply post and gives very little conscern about what she is saying is true?

Realise, as a business man, he has money allotted for certain things and he alludes to this fact in one of the posts as to his expenditures towards this endeavor was "fullfilled" and thus was unwilling to put any more money towards it. This may have more to do with the circumstances than most are aware of as any accountant knows throwing money from here to there can get you in trouble with the IRS. So it's possible that sending her "personal" funds instead of a lizard may be putting himself at risk in this manner as to its justification. He may have bit off more than he can chew by suggesting in this non-profit endeavor to offer personal money made outside of that tax blanket, not realising at the time the payout was made, that it would be outside the rules of a non-profit raffle.
giving me a t+ albino that he produced would be a write off wouldn't it? if so then there would be no risk again IF stayed true to his word and sent me the tegu. instead he raffled it off again. it just doesn't sit well with me

Old 12-24-2016, 05:18 AM   #130
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktiles View Post
Even if any possible accounting issues are applicable to this situation, it really doesn't change a thing. By rights, it should be entirely his problem to deal with, since he set the stage and made all the meaningful decisions that brought them to where the situation currently stands; he's had all the power and chose to wield it with an iron fist. I don't think an honorable person would be so willing to let his problem become someone else's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typherp View Post
Simon,

I just got wind of this post and decided to read it. It's sad that you have lost your money...but more than that, you have lost time and put in so much effort...as a gentleman...to resolve this in a rightful way. I have fallen in love with tegus and now for the second year, I have produced tegus and hope to produce about 200 this year. As a businessman, I would never take money upfront for something that hasn't even hatched. I am really impressed with you and Simon! Please PM me so that we can discuss your "refund."
Although I can't help getting a little chuckle about the irony of the part in bold type, I just wonder what the hell happened to the guy who felt strongly enough about what's right to step in and help out a total stranger who, coincidentally, got shafted by a different egomaniac. I think there are definitely some unflattering emergent similarities between Ty Park and the villain in that particular situation.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu