Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 40 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-01-2017, 02:38 PM   #391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I agree.

Going forward, what to do? Is there someone who can approach Ty, and in a non accusatory way, outline the issue and courteously request that he reconsider and either give Michelle one of the lizards he saved or $3,000?

Casey, would you please consider doing this?
Lucille,

In order to do this do we have to be a part of Ty's "fakebook posse". Do we have to be apart of his reptile god cult? These are the responses that I received to my early posts. I had a good laugh. I've posted under 100 times in 7 years and have had a Facebook account for a couple of months that I rarely use. I don't follow anyone. I simply respect Ty Park's (and the IRCF) contribution to a hobby that I enjoy. Period. Why respond to these BOI threads just to be abused?

Let the court handle it. That's what I'd do at this point.

Old 01-01-2017, 03:26 PM   #392
Casey Hulse
Quote:
Going forward, what to do? Is there someone who can approach Ty, and in a non accusatory way, outline the issue and courteously request that he reconsider and either give Michelle one of the lizards he saved or $3,000?

Casey, would you please consider doing this?
Sorry, I just saw this.
I do not think there is anything I can do, Ty does not know me from Adam, and I do not think Michelle would want me to interfere anyway.

Old 01-01-2017, 07:28 PM   #393
lillyorchid
When is the court date? I can't seem to find it...

Old 01-01-2017, 08:20 PM   #394
Dennis Hultman
Ty, I know you stated you weren't going to respond again but you will probably read this thread at some point.

It doesn't hurt to consider other points of view and I hope you would consider a point or two.

If everything you stated in your response was true and even if Michelle was ten times worst than what you described most people would still believe you should honor the terms of the raffle. I also believe that you should.

She could have been the most difficult person to deal with, greedy as you called her and overall unpleasant. It really wouldn't change what the outcome should be.

It shouldn't matter if people agreed with you or didn't on how the contact went with getting the tegu sent out.

Reconsidering a position isn't always easy but I think you should consider settling this case and sending a tegu of the value promised or a agreed upon replacement even after all this has transpired.

I don't believe anyone who may have supported your position of not sending it (On Facebook or wherever) could find fault with you for honoring the raffle prize even after all of this fallout. Probably quit the opposite.

Along the same outlined above and taking everything you stated at face value, Let's look it at this way. You thought you were donating your animals to a good cause. Giving them away and not receiving a monetary payout.

Michelle purchased raffle tickets and thought she was doing her due diligence making sure she received what she promised. You may have taken it as badgering when she believed she was fairly questioning.

I hope you would walk this back and come to the conclusion you still should send her what was promised.

Old 01-01-2017, 08:26 PM   #395
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
Ty, I know you stated you weren't going to respond again but you will probably read this thread at some point.

It doesn't hurt to consider other points of view and I hope you would consider a point or two.

If everything you stated in your response was true and even if Michelle was ten times worst than what you described most people would still believe you should honor the terms of the raffle. I also believe that you should.

She could have been the most difficult person to deal with, greedy as you called her and overall unpleasant. It really wouldn't change what the outcome should be.

It shouldn't matter if people agreed with you or didn't on how the contact went with getting the tegu sent out.

Reconsidering a position isn't always easy but I think you should consider settling this case and sending a tegu of the value promised or a agreed upon replacement even after all this has transpired.

I don't believe anyone who may have supported your position of not sending it (On Facebook or wherever) could find fault with you for honoring the raffle prize even after all of this fallout. Probably quit the opposite.

Along the same outlined above and taking everything you stated at face value, Let's look it at this way. You thought you were donating your animals to a good cause. Giving them away and not receiving a monetary payout.

Michelle purchased raffle tickets and thought she was doing her due diligence making sure she received what she promised. You may have taken it as badgering when she believed she was fairly questioning.

I hope you would walk this back and come to the conclusion you still should send her what was promised.

Awesome post!

Old 01-01-2017, 09:31 PM   #396
tlmoon
I believe the BOI is diminished when people with differing opinions don't post out of fear of being attacked for their posts. So while it's perfectly ok, IMHO, to rebut those posts, point out alternative conclusions, or just flat out disagree, it's against everyone's best interests to try and shut people up when they don't agree with them.

For example, I disagree with Casey's conclusions regarding Ty, but I respect his right to post his opinions and thoughts on this matter. As long as a person is posting respectfully and not things like, "you're a lying #$$#$" (as someone did earlier in the thread) then I don't think they should be personally attacked with insinuations that they are taking bribes to post in Ty's favor (not to single you out, Casey, but you are a good example of someone posting a dissenting opinion without resorting to insults).

Old 01-01-2017, 11:51 PM   #397
Casey Hulse
Quote:
I believe the BOI is diminished when people with differing opinions don't post out of fear of being attacked for their posts. So while it's perfectly ok, IMHO, to rebut those posts, point out alternative conclusions, or just flat out disagree, it's against everyone's best interests to try and shut people up when they don't agree with them.
I agree 100% it does not make any sense to me. What really surprised me was when a person that I know, have dealt with before etc, makes the assertion that Ty is paying me. David Beard should know better than that. Just a really low blow by someone I once considered a friend. The rest of it does not really bother me personally, but I do not think it serves any purpose on the BOI. The BOI will function perfectly well if everyone has an equal chance to voice their opinion, but like I have said, who would want to subject themselves to the needless abuse by a choice few members who feel like their opinion should not be questioned. Maybe they are very insecure, I do not know, but I am sure me saying that will offend someone

Old 01-02-2017, 01:34 PM   #398
DavidBeard
Casey, at no point in time have we ever been "friends".....I haven't even spoke to you directly in close to a decade. We did business a couple times but that's about it. I just am trying to rationalize your stance in the face of such evidence and I have learned to never underestimate the lengths that people with money will go to in order to protect their image.

Old 01-02-2017, 03:06 PM   #399
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse View Post
I agree 100% it does not make any sense to me. What really surprised me was when a person that I know, have dealt with before etc, makes the assertion that Ty is paying me. David Beard should know better than that. Just a really low blow by someone I once considered a friend. The rest of it does not really bother me personally, but I do not think it serves any purpose on the BOI. The BOI will function perfectly well if everyone has an equal chance to voice their opinion, but like I have said, who would want to subject themselves to the needless abuse by a choice few members who feel like their opinion should not be questioned. Maybe they are very insecure, I do not know, but I am sure me saying that will offend someone
From my perspective ...
I don't agree, with you, in that Ty is being drug through the mud, per se, (esp. without cause) and certainly do not agree that he should be admired (though he may have done some good things) but at least you recognize that he has made a mistake.
As far as I am concerned, I don't care how you, personally, feel about Ty (as long as there is no attempt for that opinion to be forced, upon me, to be mine ). All that matters (for me) is that you recognize he has erred, in this case, and should rectify it.

As for the "Ty paying you" comment, it appears bothersome to you but, I do not believe that you are being paid for any support of Ty. Am sure there are others who have the same belief as I do.

~~~~

Old 01-02-2017, 04:24 PM   #400
Casey Hulse
Quote:
Casey, at no point in time have we ever been "friends"...
You are right, I was thinking of someone else. I do not remember you I guess.
Quote:
All that matters (for me) is that you recognize he has erred, in this case, and should rectify it.
I'm not really sure why that matters, but I have already said it several times.

David, you seem to be a sniper of sorts, you pop in, take a shot at someone, usually something quite witty, then you are gone for a while

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu