AL Cortiz, BAD GUY - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-16-2008, 03:46 PM   #41
Gary O
Ok Lets see here.

Al and Joe try to get animals from an exporter from another country. Wes said that is going behind Justyns back. guess what it is not. I have people I use to buy stuff from only to find out later that they bought it from another person I knew. I now just go to the source. There is nothing wrong with that.

Al gets an airbill number and find out it is going to Justyn. We all know his past. If you were Al what would you think? Honestly. You see a shipment that was said to be yours going to another person. And that person has been known to do not so good things.

About other things that went on at other sites. Sorry Justyn that is something you must take up with said site. IMO.

Now I see the only person out money is AL.

I know I have said this in the past. But Al has never lied to me. I see other things brought up about Al by Justyn. Al's videos and other things.

It seems Justyn is also out to just throw crap.

If Justyn doed not have the animals then cool he is good in this deal but his importer messed up. And needs to fix it. I think Justyn is also upset someone else is trying to import from the area he does.

But Justyn in what way did Al rip you off?

Old 01-16-2008, 04:08 PM   #42
christophermchale
exactly. i dont find any problem with cutting out middlemen and going directly to the source. it saves money and will make it so there are less people to blame if things go wrong. from what it seems like to me, al never accused anyone of taking anything. he had expected a shipment of thing that never showed up. when finding out someone received a shipment from the person that stiffed al he went to him asking if he might know what was going on. seems harmless, but just got out of hand.

i understand als frustration as well as justyns anger at some of the things al said, but i think at the end of the day the two have neither to do with eachother.

Old 01-16-2008, 04:17 PM   #43
christophermchale
i just read through some of the thread about intense herpetological...

at least it STARTED good.

Old 01-16-2008, 04:59 PM   #44
kmurphy
Quote:
Al and Joe try to get animals from an exporter from another country. Wes said that is going behind Justyns back. guess what it is not. I have people I use to buy stuff from only to find out later that they bought it from another person I knew. I now just go to the source. There is nothing wrong with that.
I understand what you're saying Gary but I think it would depend upon how you got the information. If you somehow got it out of your current supplier only to cut him out then I think that is underhanded. If the information is readily available from other sources(which is most often the case) then why not. In Justyn and Alan's case there doesn't appear to be a large number of exporters dealing with "hots" from this area so it probably wasn't too difficult to come up with the exporter.
Al doesn't have any right to expect Justyn to help him at all with recouping his funds. If attempting to put a little pressure on Justyn(email) is Al's only transgression then it's no big deal. Stupid but that's about it. If he's gone around to several boards to bad mouth Justyn just to add pressure, or as payback for not getting what he shouldn't have expected in the first place then he's getting a little slimy. IMO

Old 01-16-2008, 04:59 PM   #45
lizardsister2
I agree if the only problem is that Al cut out the middle man and went to the source there is nothing unethical involved. It would be unethical if Al were making baseless posts on other sites for the purpose of black mailing Justyn in some way. However we would need to actually see evidence of Al posting things that Justyn could prove were not true in order to make any kind of a judgment on that.

Old 01-16-2008, 05:09 PM   #46
christophermchale
it really doesnt seem like this is holding any water.

Old 01-16-2008, 05:13 PM   #47
Golden Gate Geckos
Justyn, did you think you would get sympathy from the majority of Fauna members, or the reptile community for that matter, by posting a bad-guy thread? Did you think it wouldn't dredge up all the unresolved issues from your own scamming? You just put the spotlight right back on yourself.

Also, please don't send me any more PM's... I'm not interested in any of your rebuttals.

Old 01-16-2008, 05:15 PM   #48
Gary O
As we all know the reptile world is small. YOu know what I mean. If something happens it gets around.

Well the hot world is even smaller. There are your knwon keepers then the known keepers know the smaller keepers around them. So it is like everyone knows everyone.

I just wanted to post my knowledge on Al. He has never shown me that he would lie about anything

Old 01-16-2008, 05:23 PM   #49
Intense Herpetoculture
He lies all the time. You'll find out sooner or later. I thought he was a good guy too until this happened. Then I posted the ifno and ALL the big guys in the game contacted me about Al. They didn't have nice things to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary O
As we all know the reptile world is small. YOu know what I mean. If something happens it gets around.

Well the hot world is even smaller. There are your knwon keepers then the known keepers know the smaller keepers around them. So it is like everyone knows everyone.

I just wanted to post my knowledge on Al. He has never shown me that he would lie about anything

Old 01-16-2008, 05:24 PM   #50
Intense Herpetoculture
It's nto about spotlights or me. It's about Al.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Gate Geckos
Justyn, did you think you would get sympathy from the majority of Fauna members, or the reptile community for that matter, by posting a bad-guy thread? Did you think it wouldn't dredge up all the unresolved issues from your own scamming? You just put the spotlight right back on yourself.

Also, please don't send me any more PM's... I'm not interested in any of your rebuttals.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!