Info BHB Reptiles - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:48 PM   #61
Reakt20
@InfiniteVoid, She bought the snake to breed. Nobody I know personally would breed a kinked snake. This thread is old and resolved, so any continuation of this thread is pointless.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:04 PM   #62
Kinra
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteVoid View Post
Get provent a mite and you'll nevr have to worry again...and kinks arent a big deal at all..i mean.if your dog had a kinked tail would you make a big deal to the breeder?? You couldve kept the snake..seems like the boi is fillin up with things that couldve.been resolved without any need for being posted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reakt20 View Post
@InfiniteVoid, She bought the snake to breed. Nobody I know personally would breed a kinked snake. This thread is old and resolved, so any continuation of this thread is pointless.
Exactly, I bought the snake with the intention of breeding it. To me the BOI is for more than just dealing with issues with breeders. I already had things worked out with BHB at the time of posting this. I pointed out many times through out this thread that this was not a bad guy thread, this was me posting about my experience with this particular breeder. Kind of like how people post good guy threads, this arms other buyers with more information about a particular breeder.

Equating the kink in this snake to a kink in a dogs tail isn't accurate. If the kink was after the cloaca it would be a fairly accurate comparison, but this would be more like buying a dog from a breeder that has a sever kink in this spine. This was not a small kink, this animal was bent at a right angle. You couldn't pay me to breeder a female like that, there is no telling what would have happened to the female or how much pain it would have caused her. There is also no guarantee that the kink is not genetic. I don't want to have inferior breeding stock, if it was just supposed to be a pet that might be a different story. I would complain to a breeder if I was sold a dog that was supposed to be 100% healthy and it wasn't, especially if I bought it with the desire to breed it.

I'm really not sure why you felt like bringing up a 6 month old thread but since you did, I feel justified in posting to defend my decision to post this thread.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:29 AM   #63
InfiniteVoid
If its pointless why did you respond...and this thread showed up on the fauna homepage today. Just postin my opinion, like you guys. Most kinks arent genetic, and ya this is a badguy thread.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:32 AM   #64
InfiniteVoid
Plus arent we here for the animals? If youre in the trade to make money and not for the animals then thats sad...a kinked snake can live a fine life..

Old 06-26-2012, 01:28 AM   #65
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteVoid View Post
Plus arent we here for the animals? If youre in the trade to make money and not for the animals then thats sad...a kinked snake can live a fine life..
What does being in the hobby for the love of the animals have anything to do with paying for a healthy animal and receiving one with defects?

Read what you just stated to yourself. You just basically stated that it is perfectly fine to receive an animal with a kink such as the one in the photo without being told and if you complain your in it for the money. ???

Yeah, most are in this hobby because they enjoy working with the species of their choice but this is a business forum. OMG..

This site is geared around buying and selling and yes, BREEDING. Yes, a kinked snake such as this could live a long time but you don't sell it as a healthy specimen. It goes to someone who wants a pet with full disclosure.

I just personally think that telling someone "If youre in the trade to make money and not for the animals then thats sad" because the person had the nerve to complain about receiving a flawed animal is a low blow statement.

It has nothing to do with the complaint and that comment is totally ridiculous. That's just my opinion.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:26 PM   #66
David Reid
I have met both Brian and Lori in person at several of the Southern CA shows. I actually bought a $50 normal (reduced patterned) female from them, that my wife just fell in love with. The snake was packaged very nicely, I was a bit envious of the nice bag they put her in, with their logo or something on it. Anyways, the snake was flawless, and ate like crazy. That was then, and this is now...I would probably buy something from them at a show if I could look it over in person. Based on this thread, and other threads, I would not even think about ordering something from them. I think they used to be the good, big breeder people looked up too, longingly wishing they were in BHB's position. I doubt that is the case anymore....and that is a shame. Sending mites and a train wreck of a snake tells me all I need to know about BHB's operation nowadays.

Dave

Old 06-26-2012, 11:22 PM   #67
bullies&balls
and making it RIGHT immediately tells people ALOT about him as well.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:54 PM   #68
David Reid
You cannot send a TRAINWRECK of a snake, with a kink that if it is a sexed snake, and it was, can not be missed, and still get the benefit of the doubt by just "making it right" after the fact. What it tells me is nobody is watching what gets sent out, and nobody is taking care of any mite issue.

You can send a male out where it was supposed to be a female, and make that right. Accidents happen. You can send a 300 gram snake out that you accidentally weighed with a rat in it and told the buyer it was 360 grams. But to send out the snake that was sent, is inexcusable, and no amount of making it right, will make people forget this thread.

Dave

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!