Pic of new cage - Vision model 110 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Birds > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Birds.

Old 11-20-2005, 10:36 PM   #1
SPJ
Pic of new cage - Vision model 110

Got it this afternoon for my daughter. Now I just need some decorations, toys, and the bird.
Not to bad. This thing is pretty large.
20"L x 16"W x 24"T not including the stand that has the doors for storage.
Supposed to be good for parakeets (budgies).

Old 11-21-2005, 08:53 AM   #2
Cat_72
I saw those in a catalog and thought they looked like something my daughter would love, lol.....they are very cool. I don't think my cockatiel would like them though, he has too much fun using the bars of his cage as a "jungle gym", lol.

Old 11-21-2005, 09:42 AM   #3
Karen Hulvey
Nice cage. It looks like it would contain most of the mess. Yeah right. Birds find a way to get seeds all over the place.

are there places to hang toys? It looks like the top of the cages is one whole plastic piece?

You can use anything for toys, well just about anything that is. I buy the plastic chain from the hardware store and simply hang a piece of it from the top of the cage to where it almost reaches the floor. For budgies I'd get the really small stuff. They love it and it's a cheap toy. I also get a lot of baby toys from yard sales, the Goodwill, Salvation Army stores, etc.

Good luck w/your new bird, or should I say your daughter's new bird.

Old 11-21-2005, 11:12 AM   #4
SPJ
All the sides are screen as well as the top and bottom. So hanging toys and additional perches should not be a problem.
The top just has a plastic cover like the 3 food dishes and bath in the corner do.
The bottom also has a slide out tray so it should be easy to clean.

Quote:
It looks like it would contain most of the mess. Yeah right. Birds find a way to get seeds all over the place.
Supposedly the sheild in the corners will prevent seeds from going all over the place. We'll see though. LOL.

Old 11-21-2005, 11:17 AM   #5
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
Supposedly the sheild in the corners will prevent seeds from going all over the place. We'll see though. LOL.
Don't count on it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!