My Giant egg hatched - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-05-2005, 11:59 PM   #1
No1snotsucker
My Giant egg hatched

Well on July 3rd the small egg of the clutch hatched out. It was a perfectly healthy normal sized hatchling. On the fourth the giant egg for a clutch mate hatched.

The top two on the right are the clutch that I'm talking about.

Well on the fourth when the giant egg hatched out it was to my surprise a very small hatchling. He still had a yolk sac nearly the size of his body hanging off of him that he had yet to absorb. I put him on some moist paper towls and he has since absorbed the yolk sac. It just kills me to see this giant egg produce such a small hatchling.

The first pics are the July 3rd guy hatching, and the last 2 are of the Giant egg hatchling. He has a pretty cool pattern around his neck.

Well thats all have a good one.

Old 07-06-2005, 12:03 AM   #2
aliceinwl
Congrats on the hatchlings! I think that posted about a similar experience with a large egg last year. Maybe something is up with these eggs that causes them to take on water or something?

-Alice

Old 07-06-2005, 01:54 AM   #3
Manhattan Herps
is that an actual black spot there, of just a shadow?

congrats on the baby!

Old 07-06-2005, 02:01 AM   #4
progeckos
Interesting. I’ve had some very small eggs hatch huge hatchlings. It always amazes me on how they fit in those eggs. I don’t know what causes the eggs to be different sizes but as long as they hatch that’s what counts.

Old 07-06-2005, 08:08 AM   #5
g&mgeckos
A very nice looking gecko to say the least! As Cody pointed out at least it hatched and you where able to save it! Great Job!

Old 07-06-2005, 09:56 AM   #6
USAGECKOS
That is a beautiful baby! Congrats!

Old 07-06-2005, 11:49 AM   #7
No1snotsucker
Thanks for the compliments guys. Sorry for the huge pics, I forgot to resize the pics. Yeah that black spot is actually a shadow.

Thanks again guys

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!