suggestions to address a no ship no response? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 04-15-2014, 12:50 AM   #1
misthold
suggestions to address a no ship no response?

So.. what is a reasonable amount of time to give a vendor for some feedback.. is it ok to not send a update when they cannot ship?? their TOS states they reserve the right to not ship if temps are not ok.. but should they contact a buyer saying sorry.. temps not ideal? what about if you see a FB post before you get a contacted.. what about when you look on FB and see multiple post on issues, but NEVER contacted direct?

Red flags? Crappy customer service? perhaps a possible BOI post??

Old 04-15-2014, 11:07 AM   #2
bcr229
Vendors have to look at temps at their location, at their buyer's location, and at any potential transfer points. As an example, I recently had a Tarahumara boa shipped from CA to me in WV, with a transfer in IL. Winter for us has been aweful this year so even though I paid back in January I had to wait many weeks before shipping was deemed safe.

Personally I kept an eye on the forecast and updated the vendor periodically. I did get an acknowledgement each time, even just an "OK" was enough, though it wasn't really needed.

You're in NH so obviously your weather is worse than mine, and IIRC New England is getting more snow in the next few days. I would suggest patience.

Old 04-15-2014, 02:28 PM   #3
AbsoluteApril
It depends on who you are dealing with and what the level of communication was to start with.

I generally expect more communication from a hobby breeder that has a smaller collection and less from a reseller/wholesaler (who may have employees that do different duties, such as posting updates on FB) simply because of the amount of orders each one may be dealing with.

facebook

Old 04-16-2014, 01:24 AM   #4
misthold
I am trying to be, but no issues getting herps at work.. every single week.. Multiple good days.. they never said to me why.. just waiting, nothing then I had to e-mail.. hey you said you would be, or could be... whats the status.? funny because when I inquired to them initially about their classified add.. quick response.. saw the add and e-mailed within 24hrs a invoice.. pay invoice no conformation.. no expected shipping date either... I again had to ask by e-mail..

I don't want a frozen reptile, but heck.. even had a different order no issues come.. Its not the time, but the lack of communication.. that is really bothering me..

The issue of not giving a vendor a chance to resolve is a VALID one..
But open a dispute with pay pal, e mail them.. now almost a week later not any comments??

So ok patience, live animals winter.. I get it.. but where do you draw the line??

Old 04-30-2014, 02:16 PM   #5
misthold
just a update.. The specific vendor has also dropped communication on a few others, and after finally a little contact after I pressed a chargeback, odd but contact.. I did get my refund..

It seems that I may have been somewhat legitimate in my concern.. however the vendor did resolve it.. or at least I did get my chargeback.. But Lack of communication, lack of updates.. NO not ok.. now have delt with several other vendors, and not one was this a issue..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!