Blood pics - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-17-2005, 02:31 PM   #1
hhmoore
Blood pics

Got asked for pics of these guys today - grabbed 3 off the shelf, fired off a few before the dog got his face in there. Figured I would post them here as well. I received these as underweight imports about 4 1/2 months ago. All took to f/t readily - the most reluctant waited 3 weeks - and none has refused a meal since, regardless of their shedding cycles. the smallest one (1st pic) is now 12lbs. the one that is fully opaque ate last night. They are kept in 41qt sterilites; which are the same width/height as the 28 qts, but 3 ft long. with just a little luck, there will be baby bloods here next spring

Old 05-17-2005, 02:47 PM   #2
jglass38
Awesome! Is that last one going into shed? I hope to get some bloods someday. Need more space for more snakes!!

Old 05-17-2005, 03:05 PM   #3
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglass38
Is that last one going into shed?
yup, the last one is fully opaque (but still ate last night...gotta love these guys)
[/quote]Need more space for more snakes!![/quote]
just stack'em higher, that's what I did, lol. my racks are 8ft tall
[/quote] I hope to get some bloods someday. [/quote]
if you're not in a hurry, I hope to have babies next year...if so, unrelated pairs will be available. gotta recheck my ratio (at last check: 2.2.2) now that they have good body weight, it should be easy enough to tell the difference on the last 2.

Old 05-17-2005, 03:08 PM   #4
jglass38
Awesome! I will keep it in mind. I think I want to pic up some BP hets this year (since my breeding was so successful with the normals) and still want to find a female pure hog for my 03 NERD male.

Old 05-17-2005, 03:18 PM   #5
hhmoore
isn't that the problem with this hobby? (or is it the problem with the people in it? lol)
there is just too much stuff that we don't have, can't find, don't have room for, can't afford...and just when you think you have a grip on things and are trying to consolidate and focus - WHAM - you see the next thing that you just gotta have.

And as far as needing more room - there's space against that wall over there (rofl)

Old 05-17-2005, 03:20 PM   #6
jglass38
Its not so much space for me. I have a room just for the snakes. Its more the money. I need to focus on what I want to do which is more BP breeding and some boa breeding. I have my wish list of random snakes I would like to pick up (bloods, chondros, jcp) but just cant have them all!

Old 05-17-2005, 03:36 PM   #7
hhmoore
you still have space in your room?? I am so JEALOUS, lol. seems like money is easier to come by than space (it might take awhile, but you can get more money. to get more space, you have to spend that money on it...unless you use that last wall)

Old 05-17-2005, 03:43 PM   #8
jglass38
I have tons of space and negative cash flow!! haha...

Old 05-17-2005, 11:05 PM   #9
Karen Hulvey
Harold: Nice bloods. Of course you'll post pics of the bouncing baby bloods won't you?

As for space, I have 55 snakes & 1 turtle in one room. I still have 1 wall left. I'm going to build another rack and then it'll free up the second wall and then I'll build another rack for that one when I need it. My 'puter is on the fourth wall.

I think the search is part of the fun of this hobby. Looking for that killer female to go w/the killer male you already have. Or seeing an animal at a show or on the net that you've never seen before and you're like, "Wowzer I gotta get me some of those."

That happened to me at a reptile show in St.Louis. There was a cape gopher on a table. I've never seen one before. At first I thought it was two snakes in the cage because the front half of the animal is a different color than the back half. But after a little better look I was like, "Wowzer, I gotta buy this guy." And I did. Now I'm on the hunt for a female cape gopher. It's a neverending battle but one I like.

Old 05-17-2005, 11:45 PM   #10
hhmoore
MY problem is that my house is too small. my snake room has one wall full occupied with 2 racks - one comes out 3 ft (has both 41qt and 90 qt sterilites stacked 8ft high), the other has those HUGE sterilites (christmas tree storage) and 28qt sterilites. the one adjacent wall has a rack on casters with taller sterilites (some of my arboreal stuff), the other adjacent wall is basically empty - 3 ft occupied by the previously mentioned rack (have to be able to get the boxes out too!), and a window (not to mention the baseboard heat) pretty much render it useless. the 4th wall is available, but may end up with my hatchling rack...unless I opt to put that in the computer room (would have to take out the exercise equipment first). not sure my wife would appreciate that, though - I already have occupied cages in the dining room, and some standing ready in the living room.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!