Lost ball python - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-29-2005, 05:23 PM   #1
michael dougherty
Lost ball python

My apartment is undergoing some minor woodwork this week the guys ripped out the baseboards in my hallway. One small area where the baseboards were removed now has a 2 inch high gap into the main structural part of my building where the old studs are and the area between the roof of the neighbors below and my floor and the plaster walls and floors of my neighbor next door - its a big building with lots of space for a snake to explore. You can see where this is going...I cleaned on Saturday and inadvertently left one of my sliding glass doors open a bit and the snake got out. She is 6 years old and 2200 grams, thankfully not pregnant this year.

For anyone who is going to use this as an opprtunity to harangue me over my stupid lapse of thoroughness, please dont; I have kept snakes for 35 years now and this is my first escape and I feel bad enough about this - what I need are smart suggestions, not a beating.

I have ripped the rest of my home apart and as this woodwork created dust, I can literally see a track where the snake exited into this hole. I know she is inside this very large 8 unit building. As the renovations continue, I will leave a space for her but this is a big building and I cannot be sure coming back out will be of interest to her or even a place she can find her way back to. Please dont suggest ripping out all the walls and floors - this is a 12,000 square foot building.

Thank you in advance for any useful suggestions.

Michael Dougherty

Old 06-11-2005, 03:59 PM   #2
arcrist
Im no expert but maybe try setting up bait, like some live rats, somehow tie them down and let the snake come get them?

Just my first thought.

Old 06-12-2005, 12:30 PM   #3
dave84
You already asked this question www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69036 I think SableLynx gave you some good ideas. I don't think the snake will go any where but that building, (being the size) Every so often walk the permiter of the building, she might be sunning herself. Well best of luck.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!