Bill Corwin reptilegems@aol.com ( BAD GUY) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-11-2008, 04:29 AM   #11
chuck76
e-mail between us

Forwarded conversation
Subject: Re: Message about: TROPHY JUNGLE CARPET PYTHON pair exceptional"Top of The Line" Black/Gold bloodlines
------------------------

Date: Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 7:48 PM
To: chuck.poland@gmail.com

Hi Chuck, how much time do you need?
Bill

-----Original Message-----
To: Reptilegems@aol.com
Sent: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 4:44 pm
Subject: Message about: TROPHY JUNGLE CARPET PYTHON pair exceptional"Top of The Line" Black/Gold bloodlines

NOTE: This message was sent to you via the Kingsnake.com Classifieds. If you

feel this message is fraudulent or abusive please forward it to

classifieds@pethobbyist.com.

NOTE: DO NOT flag this message as SPAM/JUNK as your ability to receive

legitimate messages from Kingsnake.com Classifieds may be compromised

Bill

I am Really really intrested in the jungle you have up for sale. If they are

still for sale I am hoping we can work some thing out. I have new twin girls

that are two weeks old and I want to get them and my wife kind of settled in and

told my wife I would wait on picking up a pair of jungles until that was done so

I don't know if you are in a hurry to get rid of them but I will buy them if you

could give me a little bit of time. I live in San Diego so I am not sure were in

cali you are but get back to me and let me know thanks

Chuck

----------------------------------------------

Click on (or cut and paste into you browser's

location window) the URL below to view the ad that

this message is in response to.

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?de=583341&cat=7

----------------------------------------------

This message was sent by the user: chuck76

Sent 06:44 PM, Apr 02nd, 2008 from I.P. Address 144.141.194.2/noca.pacsw.navy.mil

Get the MapQuest Toolbar, Maps, Traffic, Directions & More!
----------
Date: Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 1:05 AM
To: reptilegems@aol.com

Bill

I could do it the first of May, If you would be cool holding them till then. I would totally be willing to put a good size deposit for them, and please don't worry as I am very serious about buying them. Thanks

Chuck
----------
Date: Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 12:13 PM
To: chuck poland <chuck.poland@gmail.com>

Hi Chuck, I could hold them til may 1st with a good size non refundable deposit (just incase you change your mind)...not a problem..these are going to be stunning!! I paid 700.00 for the pair so you are getting a deal..
Bill
= ----------
Date: Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 9:22 PM
To: Bill Corwin <reptilegems@aol.com>

Bill

Sure just let me know how much and how you would like to be paid. Also I was wondering if you could send a few pics of the jungles and how much you were asking I can't find the add on kingsnake anymore. Oh I thought the add said they were both rat feeders did I read that correctly.

Chuck
----------
Date: Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 5:14 AM

Hey Chuck, yes they are eating rat fuzzies without batting an eye......they are 475.00 and you can put a deposit of 225.00 and i will hold them the the first of May..
Thanks Bill
= ----------
Date: Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 11:48 AM

Bill

How did you want to be paid I can do paypal or cashiers check. Do you also have a few current photos you could e-mail me.
----------
Date: Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 12:30 AM

Hello, paypal is fine to reptilegems@aol.com and i will try and take some new pictures for you
Thanks Bill
= ----------
Date: Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 4:54 AM

Bill

I went ahead and sent you three hundred to your paypal account to hold the jungles. I look forward to the pics when you get a chance thanks!!!

Chuck
----------
Date: Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 12:44 PM

Bill

I was wondering when you thought you might be able to shoot me some pics.

Thanks,

Chuck
----------
Date: Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 8:57 PM

Bill

I am hoping you could e-mail me, I have not heard anything from you since I sent you the money and I am beginning to get the wrong impression if you are out of town or really busy please let me know as such, but hearing nothing makes me nervous hope you understand.

Regards,

Chuck
----------
Date: Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 9:26 AM

Hi Chuck, sorry about that, I was in Arizona for a while and just got home late last night...Your jungles are doing great...so not to worry...
Bill
= ----------
Date: Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 4:27 PM

Bill

Thanks for the response I have a question for you. Being that they are from an 06 clutch I was wondering how big they are, I need to make cage arrangements for them and in the add pic they still looked fairly small. I wasn't sure how current the add pic was which is why I wanted a pic just let me know so I can plan accordingly

Chuck
----------
Date: Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 1:00 AM

Hi Chuck. these are late 2007's and are about 22 inches long and eat rat fuzzies already and without hesitation. Have you checked out their parents on Andrew Hares website? Very beautiful! The pictures in the ad were taken the day I posted it so they are very recent, Im not the best picture taker!! LOL
Bill
= ----------
Date: Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 1:11 AM

Bill

I thought they were a highlighter x soul glow pairing which I though was in 06, do I have the parents wrong or was there a paring I missed. At any rate I am excited as heck smoking jungles and rat feeders too boot.

Chuck
----------
Date: Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 11:17 AM

Bill

I just sent you the remaining 175.00 to complete the money for the jungles so when you get a chance e-mail me so we can talk about shipping dates after the money clears of coarse.

Chuck
----------
Date: Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 9:09 AM

Hi Chuck, I got the money, I will find out whats a good shipping day and then see if it works for you..
Thanks bill
----------
Date: Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 9:47 AM

Bill

Also just a thought, I am not sure were in Cali you are but I could meet you half way if you are close that way you could keep the money for shipping. I am in San Diego

Chuck
----------
Date: Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 10:58 AM

I live about 20 miles west of Los Angeles so a little far....Shippings okay you will have them by 10:30 in the morning..
Bill
= ----------
Date: Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 11:17 AM

Bill

Thats cool I just wanted o throw that out there let me know when to expect them

Thanks,

Chuck
----------
Date: Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 7:30 PM

I am sending out snakes on wed for thurs morning delivery by 10:30 AM..Is that good for you?
Thanks Bill
= ----------
Date: Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 10:00 PM

Bill

Sure that works for me, are they coming fedex.

Chuck

Forwarded conversation
Subject: Tracking number
------------------------

Date: Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 11:17 AM

Bill I was wondering if I could get the tracking number. We have had problems with ups and fedex not trying very hard to get access into our complex so I would just like to be able to see the status incase they try to deliver and never bother to call my unit for access.

Chuck
----------
Date: Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 12:01 PM

Hey Chuck, I will send you the DHL airbill # later after I drop them off...Let me have a contact phone so I can put it on the box just in case they have trouble.
Thanks Bill
----------
Date: Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 12:03 PM

619 871-6950 my cell
619 291-5142 my HM
----------
Date: Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 3:10 PM

Hey Chuck, they are on the way DHL airbill # 53515939842.
Enjoy them and I would love to see them in the future after they color up
Thanks again, Bill
Plan your next roadtrip with MapQuest.com: America's #1 Mapping Site.
----------
Date: Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 1:15 PM

Bill

they got here just fine and I am very happy with them. I will send you pics when hey color up

Chuck
----------
Date: Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 2:02 PM

great, glad they got there fine...yes, i would love to see picture of them when they get older and maybe buy some babies back from you...
Thanks again, Bill
=

Bill

I took the pair of jungles you sold me to the vet today because one of them had loose stool, and has had it since its first bowel movement. My vet did a direct fecal smear and found Trichamonas so I ended up having both of them treated. The vet also popped them for me and said they were both males so needless to say I am upset that I had to spend $151.00 on captive bred animals to have them treated for protozoan parasite and they are both males to boot. I understand you are not obligated to do any thing here as they have been out of you hand a little while but like I said the one came to me with loose stool on his first bowel movement, and based on that the vet said he had to have had it before he came into my possession. I just wanted to let you know and see what you had to say about all this.

Chuck
----------
Date: Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 2:42 PM

Hey Chuck,
Whats up with the negative stuff on Kingsnake, NOT COOL....I was away on a West Texas snake trip and just got home, thats why I havent replied sooner to your email last week..
I have been working with snakes for over 40 years and have been breeding them since the early 1980's. I worked in three major ZOO herpetology departments also...So when it comes to husbandry my collection is outstanding..
I never said that I bought these from Andrew, I said I bought these from a big breeder that bought these from Andrew and he also had first pick, so these will be nice...Also, I havent found a vet yet that knows much about reptiles, they like to think they do though.. Andrew, when he sold these sexed them then the guy I bought them from (big breeder) sexed them when he got them and when i bought them from him. I popped them too, and they are definitely a pair...I would said that three professional herpetologist sexing this pair knows better what sex they are than a vet that does mainly dogs and cats. As for the trichamonas, when I got that pair or any other snakes, i quarantine them and they checked out clean and had nice hard stools for me before i sent them....You had them over a month and no word from you that there was a problem, so they had to have gotten it somewhere else..
As far as the size, I showed you pictures and you even asked me their length in an email in which I replied to their exact size...I am working with jaguar carpets and most of the 2007 that I buy are the same 2 foot size...The ones you got from me were starting to pound rats which means they will grow faster now!!
I let you put down a depoist and i held them for a few weeks for you and then you tell everybody that im a BAD GUY...Real Nice!!!
Bill
Get the Moviefone Toolbar. Showtimes, theaters, movie news, & more!
----------
Date: Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 12:16 AM

Bill

You never told me that you bought these snakes from a big breeder that got them from Andrew. You never said anything of the sort to me, in fact, I pressed you for pics and you never sent them to me and why would a late 07 be 22 inches long? Just a little small that's all I was saying. So if they were late 07's when were they hatched? It puts a question mark on what you claim them to be in my eyes.So who is this big breeder you got them from? That would be nice to know.I had already put a non refundable deposit down on them so I was committed at that point whether I thought you were full of shit or not.

To move on to my vet http://drexotic.com/bio_jenkins.htm He is extremely competent in reptiles. So feel free to call him or review his Bio the link is right there. I can Scan and post the diagnosis report he gave me from the fecal smear. As for the sexing, my vet popped them and said they both look like males but when they get a little older I will have them probed to be sure and if he was wrong I will amend my Boi post.

I fed these snakes a week after I got them and the stool was loose. I thought it strange so the following week I feed them again and same deal. By now I am pretty sure they have a parasite load. These snakes have been in quarantine since they got here. I made an appointment for the vet and got them in after that. I didn't e-mail you earlier because I wasn't going to accuse you of anything until a medical professional confirmed what I suspected. I don't want anything from you, you sold me sick animals, no matter what you say you are full of shit and I am going to put you out there for it. I saw the negative BOI thread with the RI of the bearded dragon before I sent you any money. I gave you the benefit of the doubt. Look bottom line None of my collection is sick or has been sick and I keep a very clean house. You sent me two snakes that had loose stool from there first poop. Then I saw the add for that nice Will bird Jag you were selling I clicked on the pic to make it larger. Bill that was one dirty ass tub you had there which confirmed it for me if you were not even going to clean the tub before you take the pic to try to sell the snake I can only imagine how it looks the rest of the time. Maybe its because you are out of town so much there buddy you do not have not time to take care of your animals.

I am glad you have been in herpetology for so long but, I don't really give a shit how long you have been doing this. You sold me sick animals bottom line, Bill I am really a nice guy I would have love nothing more than to say how great a transaction I had with you. I have no interest in making you look bad past informing the internet reptile community of my experience with you. If there was even a question in my mind on whether the animals had this parasite load before they came to me I would have never posted it to the BOI. You know what if you would have apologized to me owned up to any of this. I would have amendend that BOI to a much more favorable view. YOu know whats funny when you said that all the stuff I said on the BOI wasn't cool I was thinking the same thing about how you did me.

Chuck

Old 06-11-2008, 04:46 AM   #12
chuck76
That was the whole correspondence between Bill and I. I do want to say that I never pressed him on the fact that they were 22 inches long and late 07's. He told me my deposit was nonrefundable and I had already sent him $300 bucks. I figured it would be better not to make a big deal about it because I wasn't going to get that money back I was committed. I also asked him the price and for pics because he pulled the add right after I e-mail him about being interested. He never told me that he got these animals from a big breeder who got them from Andrew. I was under the impression he got them from Andrew.
I really hate being called a liar and I think its pretty shitty of Bill to turn this around on me.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:11 AM   #13
John E Dove
Well I'm not going to get into the whole Trichamonas issue since they have been through the care and facilities of 4 people. There are a number of possible causes including the feeding of infected rodents. Had handler 1or 2 of 4 fed even one live or fresh killed rodent, or scented a frozen thawed with a live or fresh killed prey, this could have been introduced. The multiple shipping would have was exacerbated the problem but I do not think a month is to short a time for this to become evident.

I think the gender determination should be done again buy another party who knows how to used a probe just to be sure what they are.

As for the length, they hatch at around 12 – 16 inches. They are “late” 07s which is really indeterminate since that could mean anything from Sept 1 – Dec 31, depending on how you break down the 12 month period, but I have seen yearlings that were 24 inches so it seems to me 22 inches does not seem all that bad.

Were I the seller I would offer to, at least, split the vet costs in the interest of good customer service and if another independent reliable party determined they were both males I would offer to replace one with a female or take them both back and give a full refund. But of course that is just me.

Old 06-11-2008, 03:46 PM   #14
chuck76
See here is the thing, I don't want anything from Bill. I never said that they are not what Bill represented them to be, it just put a question mark on them to me. Now to find out they went through a big breeder that was never disclosed to me which only further makes me wonder of the lineage. Let me say I like these jungles they are nice and I am happy with them. but With that said they came to me with parasites, now I had a suspicion with in 8 days of them being in my care. yet they were clean in Bills care. Maybe bill runs a clean program and they got it from this other big breeder. Now in that case Bill should have caught in that quarantine period that they checked out in.

Bill could have said oh man I am sorry that happened to you but it has been a month so I am not obligated to do anything, but he said the parasite was all my fault. I made a bad decision buying Andrew hare jungle form Bill Corwin after all the vet bills are said and done I should have just bought them from Andrew Hare. That extra money would have been for my piece of mind instead I spent it on treating parasites. Which is something I happen to believe no one should have to spend there money on when buying captive bred animals.

Chuck

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!