eugene bessette?¿?¿ - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-31-2008, 12:03 PM   #1
swineb2
Question eugene bessette?¿?¿

ever heard of this guy?¿?

Old 03-31-2008, 12:25 PM   #2
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by swineb2
ever heard of this guy?¿?

This does not belong in the discussion forums, but the BOI instead.

Title the post as " Inquiry - Eugene Bessette? Be sure to use your full name when posting in the BOI or your posts may be deleted.

Old 03-31-2008, 12:40 PM   #3
kmurphy
He's one of the bigger breeders in Florida and doesn't do much retail, if any, I believe. I've never heard anything bad about him. I have some of his bp hets now but didn't get them directly from him.

Old 04-04-2008, 06:55 AM   #4
Tim Rash
Thumbs up

Eugene is a great guy! He has been around forever! I bought a bunch of ball pythons from him everything went smooth and they were exactly how he stated them.

Old 04-04-2008, 04:33 PM   #5
RJK890
Positve Feedback

I recently purchased an 07' .1 Albino, and a 1475g CBB normal female from Eugene Bessette, of Ophiological Services. I travelled from Vero Beach to Gainsville to pick the animals up because I like to avoid shipping if at all possible. Eugene took the time to show me some of his collection, and around his great facility. He also spent about an hour talking with me, introduced me to his wife Cindy, and some of his employees who were very busy feeding animals and cleaning enclosures.

He has some great examples of many morphs, of several species. I was very impressed. Eugene and Cindy are very nice people and have a great crew. I would not hesitate to purchase from them again, and would highly recommend them.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:23 PM   #6
JBirgel
Gene, is the man... A few years ago I spent a weekend at his place and him and Cindy are two of the most hospitable people I have ever met. He's been breeding reptiles for over 35 years or so and is a very stand up person.

Old 04-05-2008, 12:00 AM   #7
KathyLove
I have known Eugene since around the late '70s, I think. Or maybe the early '80s. But a LONG time, anyway! He has always been one of the "movers and shakers" of the industry, often on the leading edge, even back when breeding herps was partly just a matter of luck. He has also been extremely active in the cooperative efforts between the reptile industry and our state fish and game dept., trying to develop rules we can more or less live with.

Although Eugene and Cindy breed A LOT of pythons, they still produce quite a few corns. I was just up to their place last Sunday and bought some newly hatched baby corns from them. They have quite a beautiful and large operation, lots of knowledge, and a great reputation. You will likely enjoy your dealings with them.

Old 04-05-2008, 01:35 AM   #8
JBirgel
Now that's an endorsement...

Old 04-06-2008, 07:32 PM   #9
FIREball
I bought an albino and a bee from Eugene in the past 6 months. Eugene and Cindy are great people and very hospitable. I would not hesitate to do business with them.

Old 06-15-2008, 09:43 AM   #10
softkiss
Eugene Bessette Of Ophiological Services

Incredible Breeders From Archer, Florida And The Breeders Of My Two Five Year Old Male And Female Argentine Boas. They Have A Great Reputation And The Best Quality Reptiles.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!