Bad Guy Paul Kurnava is at it again buyers beware - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
LVreptiles
Paul Kurnava is at it again buyers beware

hey just wanted to let you guys know paul kurnava is back on the web buyers beware!

Old 08-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #2
LVreptiles
his user name is thiskiddkillz please be careful dealing with this guy....

Old 08-13-2012, 03:13 PM   #3
Lucille
For those of us who do not know him, can you please present a little more information?

Old 08-13-2012, 03:46 PM   #5
EriksReptiles
Hello,

Here is my experience with him.

He recently posted an ad that has since been deleted (Can we get a mod to open it back up for a screen shot?). However I emailed him soon after it was posted as he said he has some WC (Wild Caught) babies & juvie Lace Monitors for sale... Also they were priced at only $300.

Two red flags. As most people already know; exportation of Australia reptiles, especially for the private sector, is a big No-No & $300 is a lot less than the normal ~1.5-2k price..

After a few emails (all posted below) I got some pictures and what not. As soon as I brought up the legality issues of Lace Monitors he emailed me back saying "Sorry I just sold all of them locally." Seems very fishy to me. I would be very cautious in buying anything from this individual. Even if he did have lace monitors, their lineage is very important to have for legality issues...

I will attach the pictures here also. I don't recognize them, maybe someone will?

Here are all the messages. He claims he got them from someone named Kathy.

To: Erik Strait <erik@eriksreptiles.com>

<lace..JPG>
<lacex.JPG>

To: Paul Jr <paul_jr@aol.com>

Hello,

Where did the lace monitors originate? And other info on them?

Also where are you located? How do you ship? Guarantees?

Thanks. Erik

I got them from a lady named Kathy. I got them when they where 4 months old. I've had them for about 13 months now. I'm in Cleveland Ohio. I ship with delta dash,SYR,and sometimes UPS. I ship over night and guarantee live arrival. As for as the lace monitors, the babies will bight and tail whip but the larger ones are puppy dog tame. I originally got 4 babies but 6 months ago I had the chance to get more babies from Kathy, so I did.

Hello,

Did she produce them? I just need as much lineage information as possible. Do you have any other pictures of the babies and older ones available so I can pick out a few?

Also do you allow pick up? I live in Colorado but road trip quite often and could come out the Ohio if you want and pay with cash.

Thanks. Erik

As far as I know they are all WC. I wish I could give you more pictures but I lost my camera.

Hello,

My only concern with them being WC is that makes them illegal.. Since Australia does not allow exportation of their reptiles.... I have been burned in the past so without seeing pictures I will have to pass.

If your able to get pictures, even cell phone shots, I have no problem sending money, or driving out there with cash to pick some up..

Thanks. Erik

Sorry I just sold all of them locally.

Thanks Erik
Attached Images

Old 08-13-2012, 04:05 PM   #6
AbsoluteApril
he reposted the ad without the white lace on there:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=337945

Here is a screen shot of the original ad which was deleted
Attached Images

Old 08-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #7
AbsoluteApril
urgh edit - "white lace", I meant WC lace

Old 08-13-2012, 05:14 PM   #8
reticguy76
Well damn, I tried to search for him right before I just sent money for a snake, and couldnt find anything (maybe I spelled the name wrong or something), so I went ahead. I guess we will see. I sent via paypal

Old 08-13-2012, 06:03 PM   #9
fangme
What snake did you pay him for?

Old 08-13-2012, 06:26 PM   #10
reticguy76
Brief lead up: I had money from selling my retics set aside to get into fwc's. I had to use that money this past weekend in a pinch for something personal. Anyway, I had posted that I was looking for female fwc's, as I just sold a cage enough to give me enough for at least a nice normal adult female. He messaged me privately saying that he was looking to sell a pair. I told him that I really was only looking for females and that he had two. I said, I really just want to do one for now and get a baby female later in the season, once breeders have a few clutches. So, he said he can do one female for exactly half the price he offered the two females for, shipped. I paypaled him last night and he received the money. I just saw this earlier, so I emailed him to follow up and he emailed me back and said he was shipping her as soon as he got off work and wanted my receiving address. So, I suppose we will see if I get a tracking number and such in a few hours

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!