Bad Guy Ian Curtis - Stolen African House Snakes - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:14 PM   #31
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecrazychris3000 View Post
Pete and Matt were going to mediate the discussion between Sarah and Ian. Sarah and Ian both know these guys from the local reptile community and Pete works at the pet store where we all get our rodents from, Sarah included. I think these guys also saw the snakes in question when Ian first got them and can attest to their health, condition, and care provided. I don't know what kind of shape they were in so I can't speculate on that.
What qualifies Matt and Pete to be so called mediators? Were they present during any phase of the business transaction or would they be regurgitating hearsay? Why have they not contacted the op to get her side privately like they did with the puerile thief she is putting up with? If the only testimony the two so called mediators is they they saw a friggin mite, they have no business getting involved.

Old 12-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #32
DavidBeard
I'll tell you what qualifies them: they're friends of Ian. End of story, lol.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:10 AM   #33
SincereArtisan
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecrazychris3000 View Post
I do know both parties involved in the dispute and I'm not privy to all of the information about this situation. However, I do know the guys at the pet store, the same pet store we all go to for rodents. They are not thugs and were going to be mediators, all of the parties involved know each other and all are good standing members of the herp community.
Sidestepping the highly suspicious appearance of your profile and activity on this forum immediately following my complaint here, lets address something:

Chris, the fact of the matter is that Ian and I met outside a reptile show, in the parking lot, ALONE when I gave him these snakes. The fact that he is roping in "witnesses" that were NOT PRESENT makes me highly suspicious. If his claims were valid, why not tell me about the condition of my snakes? Why not write me back and inform me they were infested with blood sucking parasites? Why would Pete--who Ian claims was witness to their condition--not bring this up when I saw him on a WEEKLY basis to purchase rodents for my other snakes? Is this not the sort of thing a reptile keeper/breeder would wish to be aware of?

Read Ian's response, Chris. He states they are there as "witnesses" and that was the "only reason" they were there. Not Mediators. They were his back-up. I'm not prone to rash or foolish maneuvers, even at the expense of animals that are still very dear to me. Meeting them up after dark at a pet store after hours to "talk" just doesn't sound safe or sane to me. It does, however, as many others here have suggested, stink highly of bullying.

Me beef here is not with Pete and/or Matt. Yes, they could have contacted me themselves. That would have been appropriate. That would have been the "mediator"-ish thing to do, if they were indeed roped into this as mediators. As far as I know, Matt and Pete are entirely unaware that Ian has been wielding their names in his defense. But I have not heard a single word from either one of them that would support either theory.

Lastly, you claim to know me. I'm not quite certain you do. I'm bad with names, but thus far 'thecrazychris3000' and/or Chris Florence do not ring any bells. I apologize if we actually are acquainted, but as it currently stands I'm not sure.

Old 12-06-2013, 03:16 AM   #34
dhaisten
Clearly the crazy illiterate Chris needs a dictionary for spelling, but aside from that if you look at his location (KY) it would appear that he is a friend of Ian. Or who knows who he is. First thing I noticed was his location.

This Ian guy took your snakes that you let him have on breeding loan. Total weasel.

Obvious that if someone is broke, selling their critters online is fast at the right price. Any other story than this weasel comes up with (he is illiterate and needs a dictionary as well) is just that.

I gave a friend a car with the pink slip once, I was 18. Said he would pay payments....

The guy just needs to give you back your animals, period. If it costs so much money to feed and deal with them perhaps he should have considered raising rodents or purchasing large quantities of frozen. Why pretend to be a breeder if you cannot do it right. Why come up with vet bills stories. Since the guy cannot spell I doubt he can come up with plausible ailments or methods of treatment either.

Doesn't sound like your critters had mites, but even if they did, dealing with snake mites is trivial. Dealing with imported chondropython parasites is another matter (and some are better at keeping animals than others...).

These people and their gang sound like a group of motards. Like the sixth sense..."I see stupid people..."

Unfortunate you had to leave them with this guy, and could not take them with you and house them in tubs.

I really do hope you get your animals back.

Old 12-06-2013, 10:21 AM   #35
JohnRougeux
Quote:
Originally Posted by SincereArtisan View Post
Earlier today I sent this to Will, Phil and Kathy, along with a link to the thread:
Expect this as a response from Will:

Old 12-06-2013, 11:38 AM   #36
DavidBeard
I can't say I'm surprised at all.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #37
JohnRougeux
I posted over on their site. As an officer in the ky herp society, I think he should respond or resign.

http://www.petsgaloreky.com/kyherpso...php?f=5&t=2423

Old 12-06-2013, 09:52 PM   #38
Ron Allen
John...I already contacted Ian privately and suggested the same thing. That is the nice thing about a democracy though... he doesn't have to run unapposed.

Old 12-07-2013, 02:13 AM   #39
SincereArtisan
As more and more people become aware of this scenario, I have been asked to clarify on a few things:

The members and/or officers of the KHS--excluding Ian, of course--have no involvement with the theft of my animals. This outcry has been ringing in the ears of the KHS during a very difficult time, and in no way was this situation being brought to light in order to bash the members of the KHS.

Matt and Pete are well renowned to be good guys and upstanding members of the herp community. In no way did I intend for their names to be slandered on here. I was not aware at the time--and I am still unaware--what version of events Ian has shared with Matt and Pete regarding this situation. I did not feel that they needed to be involved because they were not there in the beginning, despite Ian's claims, and I tried to make that clear.

I did not wish to involve the KHS. I made this abundantly clear, not only to Ian, but eventually to the KHS's officers, explaining why I declined Ian's offer to air it out at the KHS Holiday party. I have enjoyed membership in the KHS for years, as I clearly outlined in my initial post.

I am greatly moved and thankful for the support I have received here, and the efforts of those who have tried (in vain) to make Ian step forward and present his side of things. At this point I have still not heard from Ian, but steps are being taken that will hopefully result in the return of my snakes. At this point, while voicing your opinion on this matter is well within your rights, I ask politely that no more be said against the KHS and it's members for the time being.

I will gladly and honestly report the outcome of this situation, be it good or bad.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #40
MDC_Ophiuchus
For what it is worth, if it were me, at this point, I would start posting "Stolen Snake" ads everywhere, including KY Craigslists, with attached photos of that female patternless albino and links to this thread. If nothing else, it would make it difficult for him to dump them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!