accidental find - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Field Collecting/Observing

Notices

Field Collecting/Observing Sightings of herps in the wild, where-tos and how-tos, as well as photos of herps in their native environment.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #1
Durante
accidental find

I wasn't really field collecting but found these 2 little guys when hanging clothes out to dry. I wasn't able to get close enough to grab one but was able to snap a photo of each.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #2
hhmoore
I've got one just like that in the yard at my other house...except I don't think it has the yellow stripe (which I'm guessing makes yours nicer?). I know you said you weren't field collecting, but you mentioned that you weren't able to get close enough to grab it...if you want, next time I go over there, I'll grab it and pack it up for you.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #3
Durante
Thanks a ton, but I'm okay with just the 2 boa's, unless you cant find a few of them laying around to send I remember catching & keeping a few northern brown & garter snakes when I was younger & thin enough to slide in tighter spots, about 200 pounds ago, lol. I just thought it would be good to get my hands on one for a better picture or so I could show my son when he gets done day care. I doubt it will be long before he is out an about flipping boards & rocks looking for treasures like most of us did or still do.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:16 PM   #4
hhmoore
(just for the record, I was talking about the hose in the first pic)

Old 04-19-2012, 04:36 PM   #5
Durante
LOL sorry, I can be a little slow catching on sometimes. I seen "yellow stripes" & thought you were talking about the garter snake in the bottom photo.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:03 PM   #6
hhmoore
lol - nope, I was just offering you my old garden hose.
Any snakes living in my yard are there with my blessings...I wouldn't consider removing them.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:23 PM   #7
Durante
I'm not going to lie & say I didn't keep a few wild snakes & frogs as a boy but I usually did let them go after a while. As I got older, I grew to have different way of thinking & agree/respect your decision not to move them.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:37 PM   #8
hhmoore
I caught, kept, and released my share of native herps when I was younger...now that I have my own, I'm content to leave the ones I find where they are. (That doesn't mean I won't catch them, look them over, and take some pics when I have the opportunity

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!