Bad Guy Vincent Manatoga - VManatoga - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-22-2018, 07:58 AM   #1
Robert Walker
Vincent Manatoga - VManatoga

Has anyone had any deals with or ever heard of Vincent Manatoga - VManatoga? Stolen pictures from other members and red flags everywhere on this person.
Email: dh.de.be.rr.y@gmail.com

When asked, "Why don't you accept PayPal?"- their response:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VManatoga View Post
Simply because I believe that Paypal has ethical failings as a company and I don't wish to support them. The same reason I don't take Venmo (they're owned by Paypal).
Attached Images

Old 04-22-2018, 08:03 AM   #2
Robert Walker
Once called out on the Axanthic BTS pic, the seller has repeatedly tried to turn off the classified ad and hide it.
Attached Images

Old 04-22-2018, 02:54 PM   #3
Goliathjustin
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=653574

At it again

Old 04-22-2018, 03:01 PM   #4
Snowdrift
These are pictures of my snakes he is trying to sell. Scammer.

Old 04-22-2018, 04:06 PM   #5
Lucille
I wish there was a way to send Vincent an email expressing interest from one of those cashier check scammers. He takes checks.

Old 04-22-2018, 06:33 PM   #6
Ophidiophile
The photo of this blue tongue skink was taken and used without permission from my web site. The watermark was cropped off and photo was flipped.

Old 04-22-2018, 06:39 PM   #7
tcp2
I guess I fell off of the turnip truck. I sent him a $100.00 deposit for the black pastel pied male and het female through a method that does not allow me to get my money back. I will let everyone know how this turns out. I will learn not to do this someday. I hope.

Old 04-22-2018, 07:55 PM   #8
tcp2
Stealing Pictures

I filed a fraud claim with Square. Hopefully they resolve this fairly quickly. Why is he still allowed to advertise on Fauna?

Old 04-22-2018, 08:57 PM   #9
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcp2 View Post
I sent him a $100.00 deposit
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcp2 View Post
Why is he still allowed to advertise on Fauna?
1. Is there some kind of Square contact info for this person you can share with us. This is a system I'm unfamiliar with, so anything you can share would be beneficial.
2. Site staff can only enforce site rules. We have been looking at this person from the moment they first posted, hence the BOI report, and will continue to do what we can within the site rules. Ultimately it is up to individual buyers to do their due diligence before sending money though.

Old 04-23-2018, 12:05 AM   #10
tcp2
Vince

The only information I have so far is his payment name at Square. No email, phone #, address. Who even knows if the name used is real. I have not heard back from him. This seems like a lot of deception for not much $. It would be easier to get a job than steal pictures and try to sell the animals as your own.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!