Bad Guy Vincent Manatoga - VManatoga - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-23-2018, 12:35 PM   #11
tcp2
Vince

He has gone cold. No response to my emails. Since his posts are obviously fraudulent, why is he still allowed to advertise on this site? How can the the rules for running ads not ban the posting of fake ads?

Old 04-23-2018, 12:40 PM   #12
Snowdrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcp2 View Post
He has gone cold. No response to my emails. Since his posts are obviously fraudulent, why is he still allowed to advertise on this site? How can the the rules for running ads not ban the posting of fake ads?
So sorry that this happened to you. I made a post on Facebook about this guy, and in the comments had a brief conversation with a mod on here. She basically said that it's up to buyers to research sellers. For whatever reason that's just the rules here. I do understand it, though. It's a tough lesson learned and I hope that you're able to resolve it and get your money back.

Old 04-23-2018, 12:52 PM   #13
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcp2 View Post
Tom, I'm sorry this happened to you and I hope that somehow you get your funds returned.

His posts are to me obviously fraudulent, but it is a great risk to the staff here who help us for free, to ask them to make that choice. Why? There are two reasons I can see. The first is that many ads are not so cut and dried and it places us, the readers, at risk because many readers will just assume that ALL ads are safe because some have been vetted, found fraudulent, and booted. Instead, there is the BOI, and a burner list.

The second has to do with the moderators time. Already there is extensive behind the scened observations of Fauna including the ads, and it involves time consuming detective work. But it is not fair to expect that they use their personal time to research each ad.
We've all seem scammers that were smooth as silk and took money before they were discovered. It is almost impossible to catch them all.

Old 04-23-2018, 01:20 PM   #14
nickolasanastasiou
We can only operate according to site rules, but you will find that those people causing serious issues for members and those breaking site rules often have some overlap in the metaphorical Venn diagram when it comes to behavioral elements. Patience usually pays off. It is not an absolute thing, but often.

Old 04-23-2018, 01:31 PM   #15
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Tom, I'm sorry this happened to you and I hope that somehow you get your funds returned.

His posts are to me obviously fraudulent, but it is a great risk to the staff here who help us for free, to ask them to make that choice. Why? There are two reasons I can see. The first is that many ads are not so cut and dried and it places us, the readers, at risk because many readers will just assume that ALL ads are safe because some have been vetted, found fraudulent, and booted. Instead, there is the BOI, and a burner list.

The second has to do with the moderators time. Already there is extensive behind the scened observations of Fauna including the ads, and it involves time consuming detective work. But it is not fair to expect that they use their personal time to research each ad.
We've all seem scammers that were smooth as silk and took money before they were discovered. It is almost impossible to catch them all.
Lucille has pretty much hit it on the head, thanks Lucille.
We in no way claim/certify/classify ads posted here as have been vetted.
It is the responsibility of individual members to do their own research, period. Fauna offers tools to help you do your own research, but due diligence is up to you alone, the member, to do.

Sending money to a brand new account that registered that same day, why would you do that?
Sending money to a brand new account without using the Board of Inquiry first, why would you do that?
Sending money to a brand new account without running a image search of the pictures they claim are theirs, why would you not do that first?

I get why a brand new member might get bamboozled, but not a member of many years. If members feel it is frustrating to them, trust me it is 10x more frustrating to us (site staff) to watch all of the endless warnings offered up go blindly ignored.

Old 04-23-2018, 01:43 PM   #16
tcp2
My Friend Vince

I buy and sell a lot of animals. For some boneheaded reason I assume people are honest. BOI has helped me get back $4,700.00 from 3 different transactions, 2 of them several years old. It really does work, even though people sometimes get carried away with their approach to addressing the problem and it turns into personal attacks that are completely off base and unfounded. I did not notice the signup date for his account. The pictures did not come up under Google search. Paypal can be really difficult to use at times and quite a few people are looking for different payment methods so that did not raise any red flags. Sending the money by money order to someone I did not know was not an option. Hopefully using Square provides a method for getting fraudulent transactions reversed.

Old 04-23-2018, 04:24 PM   #17
Prognathodon
Square’s website and support are very oriented toward the person taking payments. Here’s their support page, which does include a phone number:
https://squareup.com/square-support

Note, Square is not like PayPal, they’re more like the various companies that do traditional credit card processing for businesses - to dispute a transaction, you need to go through your credit card issuer, not Square:

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/arti...ardholder-help

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/arti...es-walkthrough

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Old 04-23-2018, 04:28 PM   #18
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prognathodon View Post
Square’s website and support are very oriented toward the person taking payments. Here’s their support page, which does include a phone number:
https://squareup.com/square-support

Note, Square is not like PayPal, they’re more like the various companies that do traditional credit card processing for businesses - to dispute a transaction, you need to go through your credit card issuer, not Square:

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/arti...ardholder-help

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/arti...es-walkthrough

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Correct, Square is basically a credit card processing company. You will nerd to contact your credit card company or bank to dispute the charges.

Old 04-25-2018, 12:25 AM   #19
tlmoon
is Square "Cash" like using square to swipe a credit card? Disputing the transaction through your credit card should hopefully get you the funds back. If it's more like friends and family through PP, then it would be more complicated.

I looked at Square's cash app website and could not quickly find how to dispute a transaction.

Old 04-25-2018, 01:00 AM   #20
tcp2
My Friend Vince

I have not heard back from Square. I guess that is not much of a surprise. I filed a fraud complaint with my Bank. Hopefully Vince will get a job soon and quite stealing pictures and trying to steal money by selling animals he does not have.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!