Another Trick for the Record Books of getting Picky Eaters to Eat - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:37 PM   #1
Heart and Soul Reptiles
Lightbulb Another Trick for the Record Books of getting Picky Eaters to Eat

I know there's a million of them out there, but if it helps just one person feed one animal, it'll have been worth the sharing
This small trick helped me get 2 new tough eater babies and a tough eater breeder female to eat frozen thawed food items!

1) Thaw your frozen prey item as you usually would. (We soak ours in hot water)
2) Before you give them to your animal, find an old hairdryer (yes, a hairdryer.) Make sure it's a working hairdryer, that heats.
3) Turn it on the highest setting it will go heated. Hold the prey item in front of it as close as you can get it to the on hairdryer, without actually touching the dryer. Move it over the item, to heat it evenly (We mostly focus on the head area).
4) When you think it feels warm enough, as it should have when it was alive, give it a shot!! To your reptile's heat sensing it should appear to be alive now! It also couldn't help to wiggle it a little. It may look silly to you, but I'm sure it looks great to your reptile

It all my sound silly to you, but who's to say if your desperate you wouldn't give it a shot if nothing else works

Hope it helps someone!!

Kylie Rae

Tags
feeding help, feeding problem, feeding tips, feeding trouble, frozen thawed