Updates- Hatched Veileds LOTS OF PICS - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-22-2005, 10:24 PM   #41
JasonDescamps
Perhaps I misread this entire post from you,

"Chris if you want to help people why don't you post a good care and info sheet on what is the best to do and use nd how to use it etc.

I did read the 08/04 with the more coming and there is more info on other sites that is way more informative and worded to where most owners can uderstand and some give suggestions of what to use instead of alot of scientific terms, facts and info on lighting that the average owner cannot understand and gives not one suggestion as to what is correct.

So before you jump off and tell people what they are doing wrong, take a stand, write a care sheet, post it on some site, fauna, yours somewhere that can be easily located my owners that gives suggestions as to the proper bulb use and height above the cage. Then you can say you knew this was wrong and did it anyway."

Kind of seems like a "panty wad" to me. I see no point in continuing this though. You have made your decision and I have made my point. Several times actually. Good luck in the future.

Old 04-22-2005, 11:06 PM   #42
whitey4311
Man this is exactly why I am reluctant to tell people I have reptiles. Morons like these 2 just support the image and stigma that go along with reptile owners.
I think these guys need to dig themselves out of the cham journals and attempt more hobbies or at least not tell others that they are less superior and that any newbie can raise vields. I have not raised babies so they know something. You must have forgot that negative comment aimed at dragonflys.

The both of you need to become a couple and let your chams mate as well, you both have one thing in common, negativity. Though I dont think the relationship would be a success since you will always be fighting over who knows best.
Dragonflys I suggest we end this thred and move on, PM if you like it seems we have some good ideas to run by each other.

Old 04-22-2005, 11:51 PM   #43
JasonDescamps
And this is why I love the internet. People who hide behind their keyboard talking about stigma. If you don't want to hear what I have to say here is a simple way to accomplish that, don't post anymore. The name calling really shows alot though.

The fact is no one stepped on your toes, no one called you names. I never stated my superiority on this or any other forum. As a matter of fact the only reason I posted on this is due to the humor I found in the complete dismissal of the information that Chris posted followed quickly by a suggestion that he post a care sheet on his site or on fauna. Why would a care sheet be any better than what he posted?

I also never said any newbie can raise veileds, as a matter of fact many people who have a lot of experience can't. Doesn't mean that they know it all now does it? I've raised hundreds of chameleons, that doesn't mean that I know it all either. What I do know is that you were presented with factual information and you went off like someone pissed in your cheerios. And even when Chris re-affirmed that a high intensity light, such as yours, would be an acceptable option on an enclosure like yours as long as certain precautions were taken you still continued to argue some phantom fact that you never did happen to make. Like I said before, no one is going to change your mind on this thread. You have already made your decision in regards to lighting and that is fine. You are free to use whatever light you choose, but once again, it is foolish to dimiss the data presented without even a consideration but take advice from a retailer without question.

Old 04-23-2005, 12:20 AM   #44
JasonDescamps
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflyreptiles
Jason,
Can you read? My panties were not in a wad as you can see if you read this thread:

And again thanks for all of the info from Chris, Jack and Jason, if the bulb was too strong its good that it was only in use for a max of 3 days.

Wendy,

You know. My choice of words could have been better. I apologize to you for the "panties in a wad" comment.

It sounds like you are well on your way with the chams being outside in the sun now. I will offer one piece of advice to you. If you are going to be successful with chameleons you have to adapt. Watch the animals, learn from others and from your own mistakes. The ones that stick around in this hobby learn from what they did wrong and strive for new ways to make it right. Good luck.

Old 04-23-2005, 12:18 PM   #45
dragonflyreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonDescamps
Wendy,

You know. My choice of words could have been better. I apologize to you for the "panties in a wad" comment.

It sounds like you are well on your way with the chams being outside in the sun now. I will offer one piece of advice to you. If you are going to be successful with chameleons you have to adapt. Watch the animals, learn from others and from your own mistakes. The ones that stick around in this hobby learn from what they did wrong and strive for new ways to make it right. Good luck.
Jason, thanks, I really did not have my panties in a wad lol

My point was that there are tons of questions asked on this forum alone and I cannot answer most of them and I see quite a few answers that I disagree with from reading the e-zine and many other informative sites and from my limited 3 years of experience keeping chams (the first Jackons I had in 1992 lived for 4 years so I don't call that experience it was a pet only) But I do not have the experience that others do, I only know what has worked for me for a short period of time so I cannot help answer many of the questions put out on this forum.

The people who can answer those questions based on experience just don't so it leaves people in the dark doing only what they can gather info on, interpret and maked decisions to the best of their experience which in some cases in none. If there was more updated info online and better books avaliable it woud help alot of people.

Yes I worded it very to the point to Chris, why beat around the bush, if he or you or others with some good experience can help people with the questions they have would be a huge help to the members of fauna and to chameleon forum and chameleon care.

Some people want to be reactive and only comment when they see something they disagree with from years of experience and some people want to be proactive and share their daily experiences when they see people that need help.

Old 04-23-2005, 12:24 PM   #46
dragonflyreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey4311
Dragonflys I suggest we end this thred and move on, PM if you like it seems we have some good ideas to run by each other.
Yes it should have ended long ago lol

Old 06-03-2012, 06:46 PM   #47
theresa
whats the best snake to have burmese python or common boa?

Old 06-05-2012, 03:42 PM   #48
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa View Post
whats the best snake to have burmese python or common boa?
This is the Chameleons discussion forum.try posting this in the boa or python discussion forum.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!