Ackie nap time? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-15-2019, 09:29 PM   #1
TimberWolf0932
Ackie nap time?

Hello, just recently acquired a 4 months old ackie.been in his new 40G enclosure for a week now. Hot spot at 150'f with air temp at 82'f.
He does sleep a long amount of time. He doesnt wake up till 12pm and goes to nap quite often on top of the foam background. Then he goes back to sleep at 6pm. He has been eating daily and I m trying to get him use to my presents. Is that the right amount of sleep time for a baby ackie?

Old 04-21-2020, 04:15 AM   #2
Old Nero
re: Ackie nap time

My ackies, young and old, spend much of their time sleeping. They have large, flat, heavy rocks under their heat lamps, resting on a thick layer of bark and coco fiber substrate which is kept moist with daily spraying. The lizards like to dig and scrunch themselves up under the rocks, which are quite hot during the daytime hours. They don't come out much except to hunt. For this reason, I don't have UV lights on them, but I take them individually outside for a sunbath several times a week. They just rest on my leg or shirt and enjoy the sun while I read.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!