24 hour egg yoke hatchling - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-06-2011, 01:38 AM   #1
sagespyder@yahoo.com
24 hour egg yoke hatchling

i have a hatchling that has hatch at least 24 hours before the rest of the clutch, the other eggs have not hatched yet. but this one hatchling has hatched at least 24 hours ago. it still has a sizable yoke sack left since it hatch. it is about the size of it's head. i have not had any hatchlings retain any sort of yoke sack from hatching before. i know it takes some time for the yoke sack to be absorbed but so far it has not been absorbed. i am worried about the hatchling.

please let me know what is going on at the very least.

thank you very much!!

Old 06-06-2011, 07:33 PM   #2
Mile_High_Dragons
I have this happen pretty often. I've seen babies that take several days for it to fall off. But I always leave my babies in the incubator for at least 48 hours after they have come out of the egg to allow them time to adjust and let that sac fall off.

Pictures?

Good luck!

Old 06-06-2011, 07:34 PM   #3
Mile_High_Dragons
Oh, and if you wanna call me my # is: 1-909-533-9751

Zack

Old 06-08-2011, 10:21 AM   #4
sagespyder@yahoo.com
Ok i found the cord for my camera, here are the pics. the first one is taken about 24 hours after hatching, the day i started this thread, and the last 2 are from about 8 hours ago today.
Attached Images

Old 06-10-2011, 04:02 AM   #5
Mile_High_Dragons
So about five days now huh? Well, I have had to "help" some babies in the past. But that is a very dangerous and risky move. Luckily, I have never had a baby die from me lending a helping hand. But hen I do, I only apply slight resistance opposite the baby and sac. Otherwise, you risk pulling its innards with it. Which needless to say is bad for their health. lol (obvious understatement)

But,you could try soaking them in luke warm water for 10-15 min to see if that would help. Otherwise, I have heard of some people removing it themselves surgically. But that is something I have never done. Nor have had the need to.

Call me on my cell if you need to. I'm here to help. 1-909-533-9751 Zack

Good luck!

Old 06-10-2011, 04:04 AM   #6
Mile_High_Dragons
But *when* I do. Not "hen I do"
lol oops! Typo! :P

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!