egg hatching question??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-14-2011, 12:16 PM   #1
will11780
egg hatching question???

My incubator is and has been at 84 degrees and i finally had a hatchling on day 81 its now day 85 i candled the eggs i can see the dragon in them im wondering if i should cut them it was this females first clutch and only five have made it this far im at a loss and im real worried since it has been so many days

Old 06-14-2011, 03:01 PM   #2
Jabberwocky Dragons
Its okay, sometimes it takes a while from the first egg to the last to hatch (even a week or more). Its generally a bad idea to ever slit the egg since if the baby is too weak to make it out the egg, it is probably going to be a sickly dragon even if your able to get it out alive. With so many eggs that didn't make it, there may have been bad genes or an environmental factor thats working against you. I know it can be hard to wait though!

Old 06-15-2011, 08:23 AM   #3
Bill T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwocky Dragons View Post
Its okay, sometimes it takes a while from the first egg to the last to hatch (even a week or more). Its generally a bad idea to ever slit the egg since if the baby is too weak to make it out the egg, it is probably going to be a sickly dragon even if your able to get it out alive. With so many eggs that didn't make it, there may have been bad genes or an environmental factor thats working against you. I know it can be hard to wait though!

Old 06-15-2011, 08:17 PM   #4
Matt2979
I know exactly what you're going through. My first clutch finally started hatching a few days ago. As a BP guy, resisting the urge to cut them was almost more than I could take, but I took the good advice given to me, and now I've got some gorgeous, tiny baby dragons running around!!

Just hang in there a little longer. You should be very happy, very soon!! Good luck!

Old 06-15-2011, 10:25 PM   #5
will11780
It has definitly been hard to just sit back and relax after the first one hatched and the color its showing already cant hardly wait to see the others they are snow x pastel crosses wish them little dragons would hear there alarm clock

Old 06-25-2011, 02:41 AM   #6
will11780
Well out of the five eggs that made thru the incubation time only one baby made it but it ok for her first ever clutch but had good news today my other eggs from my sandfire german giant x sandfire crosses started hatching and they are twice the size of my other hatchling so far three have come out the eggs and there colors are awesome for only being a few hours old cant wait till there really get to showin there colors might end up with a few hold backs for future breeders its going to be hard to let them go with the way they look

Old 06-25-2011, 07:48 AM   #7
Matt2979
Share some pics!!! And sorry to hear that you didn't have better luck with your first clutch. My girl laid 28 eggs in her first clutch, but only 8 hatched. Hoping that her next 2 have a better success rate. Good luck with yours!!! Now share some pics!

Old 06-25-2011, 11:11 AM   #8
Mistyck
Damn that's a shame. My female dragon laid 25 eggs and 23 of them hatched out the first time. (This was a couple years ago.)

That second clutch sounds killer though. Please post pics.

Old 06-25-2011, 12:01 PM   #9
will11780
these are my new babies got three out the egg now and one more pokin the head thru should all be female 85 days of incubation on them but they r coming out now seems bout every 12 hours one is out the egg and another will poke its head out the egg
Attached Images

Old 06-25-2011, 07:47 PM   #10
beardies r us
its fine mine went tell day 110 then they all came and were as healthy as can be the latest one was on 117

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!