Damian Salgado & Mark Caplan - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-07-2004, 09:59 AM   #11
The BoidSmith
Quote:
I hear people who say that the 'advertisement' they get, even off a bad thread, increases business.
That was probably a futile attempt to try to turn things around when they were already going downhill. Would anyone buy stocks from a company that is in the process of downsizing (firing employees, closing their retail stores, or leaving debts unpaid)? We have seen this happen right here.

Quote:
If that is indeed the case, it says allot about the people that are buying from these individuals.
Are we supposed to tell people how much they should sell their animals for, how to pack them, when to ship, and who they should buy from and sell to?

In MHO we can go as far as provide the necessary unbiased information so people can make their own choices. It's about free will. If not, are we proposing a sort of "embargo' of the individual/company in question?

If we question the people who knowingly buy from individuals of dubious reputation, what about those who supply animals to those individuals and thus maintain them in business? Where do we draw the line?

Regards.

Old 02-08-2004, 11:55 AM   #12
snakeman1313
I think everyone has taken this conversation much further than it ever needed to go. All I know is that I came on and saw some bad things written about some one that has always been upfront and honest with me. I then saw that the people that wrote those things had replied with statements saying these issues had been replied. I do not know what issues Danny or anyone else has had with him nor do I really care. I responded in support of someone that has been a great for me to deal with (which I thought was the intent of this site) . I have bought many things from D&M Including some high dollar Items, including a pastel BP, het for albino BP pair, and some awesome hypo boas. I have always been satisfied with the quality and prices of the animals. I thought this site was to speak about your personal dealings with someone so others can make an educated opinion as far as a possible purchase. On this tread there are people that choose to attack someone while never having delt with them. There are others that choose to try to downgrade and " rationalize" why I have made good deals with him. Why dont you just let my opinion be. If you have different stories about bad deals why dont you tell us all about them. I think that would go alot further than trying to downgrade a positive statement made by someone else. Just my opinion I could be wrong.

Old 02-09-2004, 01:35 AM   #13
T&MReptiles
Lewis,

You should get along great with Damien, seeing as you are a theif yourself. I'm still waiting for the money back that you stole from me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ted @ T&M Reptiles

Old 02-09-2004, 05:29 PM   #14
jefjen
WOW

Old 03-04-2004, 02:52 PM   #15
dmbreeders
IN MY DEFENSE

It has come to my attention from customers the things being said about me here in this forum. Unfortunately, the things posted here are completely exaggerated, taken out of context and personal lashes at me that have nothing to do with any business transactions. First of all I am not a thief, I have never stolen money or scammed anyone. As many people in this business will know or any business for that matter, not every business transaction goes as smoothly as both parties would expect them too. I myself have been burned countless times by various herpers and so called friends in this business and chose to resolve it in a more ethical and professional manner. It seems most of these posts are based upon opinions of people I have never had any business transacitons with. With the exception of Ben Seigel, which was a transaction from a prior business, a wholesaler/retailer transaction. Which I resolved when I was in a position to resolve it and Steve from Serpents Den. With Serpents Den there were 2 transactions, which have both been resolved and Steve and I are still friends and still discuss doing business together.
As far as the opinions regarding my hets, I offer a Certificate of Authencity, including a picture of the animal on it with everyone I sell and have never had an actual customer complain or be unsatisfied with my hets.

Old 03-04-2004, 05:05 PM   #16
SERPENTS DEN
Re: IN DAMIANS DEFENSE

Quote:
Originally posted by dmbreeders
It has come to my attention from customers the things being said about me here in this forum. Unfortunately, the things posted here are completely exaggerated, taken out of context and personal lashes at me that have nothing to do with any business transactions. First of all I am not a thief, I have never stolen money or scammed anyone. As many people in this business will know or any business for that matter, not every business transaction goes as smoothly as both parties would expect them too. I myself have been burned countless times by various herpers and so called friends in this business and chose to resolve it in a more ethical and professional manner. It seems most of these posts are based upon opinions of people I have never had any business transacitons with. With the exception of Ben Seigel, which was a transaction from a prior business, a wholesaler/retailer transaction. Which I resolved when I was in a position to resolve it and Steve from Serpents Den. With Serpents Den there were 2 transactions, which have both been resolved and Steve and I are still friends and still discuss doing business together.
As far as the opinions regarding my hets, I offer a Certificate of Authencity, including a picture of the animal on it with everyone I sell and have never had an actual customer complain or be unsatisfied with my hets.

I would second Damians defense and as far as his heterozygous animals are concerned I would not doubt they are what he says they are.

Old 10-29-2007, 12:48 AM   #17
Royal Morphz
I got a pair of albino boas from Damien and at a smoken price one of them wasnt a good eater at first and Damien kept in contact and has been a pleasure to deal with

Old 01-08-2008, 10:55 PM   #18
btaylor
Just got my little 07 female Hypo Nic from Damian this morning and couldn’t be more happier with the Boa or Damian’s service…Great communication and service though out…I wouldn’t hesitate to do business with D&M Breeders again…

Thanks Damian –
Brian Taylor (BT)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!