Parasites and Nervous System Disorders Barcreptiles.com VERY UNHAPPY - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-24-2007, 09:31 AM   #41
DThomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
Are you sure it's government owned Bry?
It is.

Old 09-24-2007, 11:02 AM   #42
kmurphy
usps

Quote:
The USPS is often mistaken for a government-owned corporation (e.g., Amtrak), but as noted above is legally defined as an "independent establishment of the executive branch of the Government of the United States,"
From the "fine" on-line encyclopedia. Actually I have a close friend that is a postmaster and she reminds us all the time that the post office is not part of the federal government.

Old 09-24-2007, 11:33 AM   #43
DThomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy
From the "fine" on-line encyclopedia. Actually I have a close friend that is a postmaster and she reminds us all the time that the post office is not part of the federal government.
Maybe government owned was not the best choice of words but your friend is very wrong. The USPS is most assuredly a Federal Agency. Heck, it even has it's own Federal Investigators. Your friend get's her paycheck from the Federal Government.

Quote:
This simple statement signaled the birth of the Post Office Department, the predecessor of the U.S. Postal Service and the second oldest federal department or agency of the United States.
http://www.usps.com/postalhistory/postal_service_begins.htm

Old 09-24-2007, 11:42 AM   #44
kmurphy
Quote:
Maybe government owned was not the best choice of words but your friend is very wrong. The USPS is most assuredly a Federal Agency. Heck, it even has it's own Federal Investigators. Your friend get's her paycheck from the Federal Government.
I know, I know, our group(of friends) argue with her all the time but she's insistant and she's the one that came up through the postal system so we have to give her the benefit of doubt.

Not sure who she gets her paycheck from but I would assume it is from USPS her employer. According to her, they are self sufficient amd don't take any federal funds. But I am really not disagreeing with you because, as I have said, we've had these same arguments before.

Old 09-24-2007, 03:19 PM   #45
Kairo
Since on this topic of shipping here, i called and recieved this info. I was given the site and got a book from UPS, anyone can get one. Many snakes have sat at the hub in Melbourne Florida!

Prohibited Live Animals

Live Animals that are prohibited from being shipped and are not accepted for transportation include, but are not limited to:

Any poisonous, venomous or threatening animal
Any Threatened or Endangered species
Arachnids (All): Examples: mites, scorpions, spiders, ticks
Birds (All)
Crocodiles (All): Examples: alligators, caimans, gavials
Mammals (All)
Obnoxious Insects: Examples: flies, locusts, mosquitoes, roaches, termites, weevils
Snakes (All): venomous and non-venomous

Website that is updated. Now you can't ship snakes, they don't want to know it's a snake, and many will open the box, ask, or tell you to pick it up at the hub.

UPS does not knowingly ship snakes, period.

It's also (as i took it off there) on their website. If you get a person who knows no better that person will ship! Get a person who does not give a crap, it will get shipped! But...UPS does not knowingly ship out snakes.

You can't argue with the site rules for shipping, or the book...

Yea i'm real stupid...

Old 09-24-2007, 03:23 PM   #46
DThomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairo

Yea i'm real stupid...
Yes you are. No one said it was not against UPS policy to ship snakes, it is. What you do not seem to get is that UPS policy is NOT law. It is not ILLEGAL, meaning you will NOT get arrested if you ship a snake through UPS.

Old 09-24-2007, 03:30 PM   #47
Griz
For the love of God lady, read!!!! UPS is NOT USPS!!! UPS has their own internal policies. The USPS, read United States Post Office, is governed by the Lacy Act which is a Federal law! Can anyone make this any clearer for you? You talk about how certain people are going to ruin it for the shows etc, well here's my advice, look in the flipping mirror darling. You're one of them.

Griz

Old 09-24-2007, 08:44 PM   #48
kellysballs
On sunbiz.org there are 6 businesses with the name Raymond Torres attatched to them. I dont know anything about the guy or if these are his businesses but I will try to post the link

http://sunbiz.org/scripts/ficownl.exe

Hope that helps.

I could not find anything about Christine Fletcher.

Old 09-25-2007, 05:57 AM   #49
snake5007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellysballs
On sunbiz.org there are 6 businesses with the name Raymond Torres attatched to them. I dont know anything about the guy or if these are his businesses but I will try to post the link

http://sunbiz.org/scripts/ficownl.exe

Hope that helps.

I could not find anything about Christine Fletcher.

There's quite a few of them out there. I did searches on his name, is GF's name and i did a search for B.A.R.C reptiles. Nothing for the business name. I found a lot of ray and christines,though.

Old 09-25-2007, 11:25 AM   #50
Kairo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DThomas
Yes you are. No one said it was not against UPS policy to ship snakes, it is. What you do not seem to get is that UPS policy is NOT law. It is not ILLEGAL, meaning you will NOT get arrested if you ship a snake through UPS.
No i'm not. IF you ship a snake through UPS (forget USPS they suck) and something goes wrong and there is a snake in that box (UPS reserves the right to open boxes to btw!) you think that you can not get sued?

It is up to EVERY person shipping to know the laws of who ships what, so you knwoing UPS does NOT ship snakes and you use them, is that illegal if you get caught (hm busted) and they go after you?

It's ILLEGAL to use them if it's against their policy to not ship snakes.

LIke i said many don't ask, many don't care. It only takes once for a mishap and yea...you're on your way don't the illegal shipping road!!!

Don't tell me UPS can't sue! Don't tell me it's not illegal to use a service who does not accept what you give them to send, and they have no clue what it is! This is not just a matter of it's wrong, it certainly can make it illegal.

Illegal: In violation of! Not authorized by!

I got off the phone yesterday with Corporate yet again to clear this up for myself, i HATE UPS around here anyway...but, yes it's illegal, because they don't accept snakes. And you knowing this NOW are not in according with policy!!!! Don't wait for a mishap. Also maybe in hicksville it does not matter, but here in Florida we are getting alot of heat us snake owners, so why chance it...

Oh and yet again....Corporate said it was a federal law to do so.

Dah...figure it out yourself. Use Fedex, it may cost more for many, but they don't care (well some stations will except snakes around here)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!