New BD - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-24-2011, 10:36 AM   #1
Hillybean
New BD

Hello,
just want to show my new dragon. It's been three years since my 10yr old BD passed, and I decided it was time for another. He just arrived yesterday, so the two pictures are not the best, but I didn't want to stress him out.

He is a hypo red or orange citrus.. I haven't ever had one this small or colorful, and he is still going through his shed.

For names its either Argos, or Hue. So which name do you think?

He came from Diamond-DenReptiles here on fauna.
Attached Images

Old 06-24-2011, 10:46 AM   #2
Sushi Dragons
He's gorgeous! I am a sucker for Greek and Roman mythology and culture, so I vote Argos!

He looks like he will grow up to be a little stunner!

Old 06-25-2011, 08:04 AM   #3
Hillybean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Dragons View Post
He looks like he will grow up to be a little stunner!
I think so too!
Although it's not all about color for me. My first BD only had a highlight of yellow near his ears, and I thought he was amazing. He made up for it in personality .

A concern though, this guy isn't eating his greens.. but he is eating dusted crickets and mini mealworms. Should I be worried, or is that normal?

Old 06-25-2011, 11:09 AM   #4
Mistyck
Normal, just keep offering them. When they're babies they don't really eat their greens, but just keep offering them and they'll eventually eat them. You can also offer the worms on top of the greens (though I wouldn't be feeding mini-mealworms to that small of a baby) and hope that he gets a mouthful of greens when going for the worms.

Safer worms to feed are:
Hornworms
Repti-worms

When he gets older you can feed:
Superworms
Hornworms
Repti-worms

Treats:
Butterworms
Waxworms

Mealworms aren't good, the chitin on them is too thick and they have a hard time digesting it. Especially at the age yours is.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:36 AM   #5
Hillybean
Thank you for the reply.
I ordered horn and repti-worms today to give more variety.

We'll quit with the mealies.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:43 AM   #6
Mistyck
No problem.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!