King snake wont eat - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-09-2015, 01:12 AM   #1
cRae
Question King snake wont eat

Hi everyone,

Im pretty new to king snakes so i hope someone can help me out. I have had boas and pythons for many years and i have never had problems with any of them eating. I usually feed my king snake two mice every two weeks and he always eats them pretty quickly. This time it has been two days since his feeding day and he still wont eat. He always eats live and wont eat frozen. He is about 5 years old but i just adopted him about 6 months ago. I was told by the previous owner that he has never had any problems like this before. He also just shed abut a week ago. I have done some research and for the most part im reading that i shouldn't be worried about it unless he wont eat for several weeks but he is my baby and i want to be sure. Is this something that i should be worried about and take him to my herpetologist or should i not worry so much.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Old 03-09-2015, 09:46 AM   #2
bcr229
My adult California kings have all backed off feeding over the last few months, which is common over the winter. They're taking a mouse every 2-3 weeks now. In the spring they should start up again.

Old 03-09-2015, 02:34 PM   #3
beatles777_98
Yeah it should be ok, my kings go off feed every winter, if the temp drops in their room they will usually go off feed. If the go over a month and start losin weight they I would do something.

Old 03-09-2015, 02:34 PM   #4
mrpyrorat
Tis the breeding season. I have only Lampropeltis and frequently the males will go off their feed. I have paired my kings and milks up and they are mating their brains out. It is quite possible your male is a tad horny and food is not on his little mind.

Old 03-09-2015, 04:56 PM   #5
hhmoore
Please do not post discussion topics in the classifieds...
Your thread has been moved to an appropriate discussion forum.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
feeding help, king snake, not eating