UTH :( - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-28-2015, 10:48 PM   #11
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTPlush View Post
Yikes! I have quite the opposite problem. My UTH is at 105 right now and I have a small version on my 10 gallon. On the top of the aspen is is 88-90 so thankfully my snake will be fine till my controller comes tomorrow as he doesn't burrow on the hot side probably knowing it is much too hot.
Go unplug the mat. Your snake will be ok for one night.

Old 09-29-2015, 12:14 AM   #12
MrTPlush
I have been manually unplugging it today once it gets to 93ish, but yes tonight I plan on leaving it unplugged.

Old 09-29-2015, 12:19 AM   #13
ElexisC
How thick is the bedding over the pad? You may need to reduce the amount of bedding over it of its 105 at the surface and only 88-90 on top.. I'm assuming it's a glass tank and not plastic so the glass would be as hot as the heat mat and not have to heat through plastic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Old 09-29-2015, 12:52 AM   #14
MrTPlush
There is about a ten degree difference and right now I have about 1.5in of Aspen.

But I am thinking that I should cut that down once I get the controller? He doesn't burrow at all on either side now so I am worried it might be too cold once I down the temp at glass level. He may be motivated to burrow to get the heat then...but maybe not?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!