Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 244 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-22-2018, 05:55 PM   #2431
Snake-Queen
Robert is entitled to his opinion and I see his point in it. I don't know if I would've been able to follow Michelle's path in this. My obligations to my family far outweigh the battle she won.

Two and a half years is a long time to fight, I'm glad she persevered.

Old 08-22-2018, 06:05 PM   #2432
Black Adder
I am very strong on principles and would like to think I would have done exactly the same as Michelle did.
However the grim reality with life, family, work etc is more likely to align with the picture Robert paints and although I may have hated myself for doing it can see I would likely have had to say uncle.

So even though I clearly see and understand all views here I still have to commend Michelle on her fortitude in this matter.

Saying all that I did take on the IRS, twice, and won twice so never be afraid to make a stand if you firmly believe you are right and have a bulletproof case!

Old 08-22-2018, 09:29 PM   #2433
AllisonLeigh
While I totally understand the side of not wanting to let this take over your life, and I personally wouldn't have been able to put up with that much extra curricular negativity in my life but that's me and my psyche... I think the same thing Robert is saying about Michelle could be said about any of us here. Why do we partake in this forum? It takes time out of our day and away from all our obligations and it's totally voluntary. Michelle was thrust into the situation she was in, and we choose ours. I believe Robert's opinion on weighing the personal affect of something like this and choosing your path accordingly is totally valid and I agree entirely, but I think Michelle did that... took the harder path... and won. That's commendable, regardless if you think you would personally have the fortitude to do it.

Old 08-22-2018, 10:20 PM   #2434
Sugarhedgie
Robert

myself, my children, grandchildren and my sugar glider breeding was NOT put on the back Burner-by my choice that I was not going to just be ok with what happened here. Yes some was principal, but some was not.
some was was because of the name calling and libel and some was because of threats made against me.
I felt bullied and imo that is not ok.
Was it stressful YES of course it was.
But he made it so I had no choice to continue to fight.

remember ty Park was the one who filed this lawsuit on me!!!!!

HIS case made me the defendant so I couldn’t just walk away at that point. If I didn’t go to court and fight this the courts could have entered a default judgement against me.
After he didn’t follow the courts rules and was he was no showing for court dates his case was dismissed. Now I became the counter plaintiff and yes I went to Fl and went to trial.

Did it cost me a lot of money? Well YES it did.
But lawyer fees are recoverable especially for the 1st count. They have been reserved and will be asked for. I’m hoping I will get reimbursed for ALL of my expenses!!!

This could have been resolved a long time ago by just giving me the tegu or the money he had promised in the “illegal raffle he held” but he chose to withhold several pieces of info and chose to go this route. (Proven even here in his one and only comment here #77)

Again HE filed this suit so I had NO choice but to retain a lawyer and I will say that he was GREAT in the way he handled it and the way he will continue to handle it if he needs to.

I highly recommend him.

I am happy that the judge and jury were able to see the black and white evidence and testimony and were able to see through the BS.
I did prevail and hopefully we can put this behind us.

Old 08-23-2018, 06:58 AM   #2435
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas davis View Post
not a win for either side ? WOW just WOW.... well just an fyi bob, michelle WON and ty LOST justice prevailed over tyranny, anyone who doesn't get that should seek help in comprehension
Mr. Davis -here is that help your were seeking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarhedgie View Post
The thing is NOone will be a "winner" no matter who "wins" now because of the amount of legal fees it's going to cost everyone and the potential other repercussions and or penalties that could result in this.

Old 08-23-2018, 07:44 AM   #2436
Robert Walker
Quote:
But he made it so I had no choice to continue to fight...remember ty Park was the one who filed this lawsuit on me!!!!!
He could argue the same, he had no choice. I remember you both used various avenues to continue fighting. He used his and you used yours (Small claims, dept. of AG letter, IRC paperwork, etc.)
Hopefully both parties can put this behind them and enjoy happy lives to come.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:21 AM   #2437
predators
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Seems to me that there was a whole lot more PRINCIPLE involved here than the material matter of a $3,000 prize lizard being at stake.

In Michelle's defense, and in my personal opinion, I find it encouraging that the human species still has "Davids" willing to stand up to "Goliaths", no matter what the cost.

IMHO.
I get what people are saying about David vs Goliath here but, in saying it we are giving Ty Parks way too much credit. Also, probably feeding his ego. In the scheme of things he is a small business man making a decent living. He is not an oil tycoon, high ranking member of govt with unlimited deep pockets etc. Again, I get the analogy but, would not consider him a Goliath..

Old 08-23-2018, 10:17 AM   #2438
thomas davis
no bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
He could argue the same, he had no choice. I remember you both used various avenues to continue fighting. He used his and you used yours (Small claims, dept. of AG letter, IRC paperwork, etc.)
Hopefully both parties can put this behind them and enjoy happy lives to come.
no bob ty always had the choice to simply do the right thing he chose not to, got sued and LOST. the end.

Old 08-23-2018, 10:35 AM   #2439
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas davis View Post
no bob ty always had the choice to simply do the right thing he chose not to, got sued and LOST. the end.
...and, what is your point you are attempting to get across?
Here you go again since you apparently glossed over it before:
Quote:
The thing is NOone will be a "winner" no matter who "wins" now because of the amount of legal fees it's going to cost everyone and the potential other repercussions and or penalties that could result in this.

Old 08-23-2018, 01:59 PM   #2440
DavidBeard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
My opinion regarding this matter is no different today. I have never had much sympathy for either side, and for the most part thought both parties deserved each other. For me these sentiments still ring true. Seeing the disclosed outcome only reinforces this for me. There are times in life when I value my: family, time, sleep, sanity, financial security, etc. far more than I need to chase after a perceived 'win'.

While I may admire someone's efforts at not giving up, I don't consider this an actual win for either side, I only see two individuals who have lost. 2.5 years gone, no court can restore that and for what? To be declared the 'winner' and have online minions 'relish your victory'? 2.5 "long and drawn out" years so you can earn <$15 a day, not including your out of pocket expenses yet.

Any other person who worked at a U.S. job for 2.5 years at <$15 a day, irregular hours, paid their own expenses, still had to collect all their back wages, would be called an array of titles, "winner" not being one of them.
Damn dude, who pooped in your Wheaties this morning? Considering you're literally the ONLY person who sees things that way now, might wanna take a step back and reconsider perspective.

If you don't see suing a bad guy and winning as a good thing, might also wanna rethink perspective and your position on this site. If you can't show empathy with someone who is wronged on the BOI, you've got no business opening your mouth on the subject, let alone being a moderator.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu