help with an ad... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 08-13-2003, 11:08 PM   #1
Glenn Bartley
help with an ad...

Rich,

I'd like to buy banner ad space for the month of September, for my herp societies upcoming show (Oct. 4th). I have never done anything like this before, so I have no clue how to go about it. Sure I understand how to pay for it through paypal, that is not the problem. The problem is how in Hades do I make up an ad, then get it to you in a format that will fit in the space I have rented. I would want an ad for the side of the screen. I currently have MS Publisher 98 that I could work with but I don't have a clue what format to save it in. I am open to suggestions.

I'd also like to know if it is possible to have the ad run from Sept. 5 through October 4 - instead of for the calendar month of September (if not ok - just asking).

Thanks,
Glenn B

p.s.: posted this here instead of emailing because I figured it might help others....

Old 08-13-2003, 11:49 PM   #2
WebSlave
Actually, when in doubt, hire a professional.

I have a lot of my work done by Lacey Wilson of Feral Design, and so do a few people here with their banner ads running. She does an excellent job. She also designed the flyer for FaunaClassifieds that I think you may have seen as well.

Feral Design

Normally Lacey will just forward the banner to me directly, and as long as payment has been made, I just set up the banner account and you are off and running. I would run it from September 1 thru October 4th for you. A few days either way isn't going to make much difference to me at all.

If you want to roll your own, then check out this page for the specs you will need to know:

Advertising Page

As long as your graphics program you are using will output in either JPG or GIF (which most of them will) you will simply save it in one of those two formats, then attach that file to an email to me, or attach and upload it here to a message and let me know about it. I will take it from there.

Any further questions?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!