My First Beardie - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-27-2007, 01:41 PM   #71
Drache613
Hello

Hello Amber,

Yeah, they will do that, & they are fast! Be careful, you might need to make a little harness for him, so you don't have to run him down. I am sure it was hard to settle him down before bed then. Just like a kid, huh? He didn't want to go to bed.
Yeah, he will be fine without a tank mate, really. No problems. He will get plenty of attention from you all anyway.
Well, hopefully in time he will learn to eat his greens. No worries there, at least he is eating though, & shedding. I think Tobias is doing great right now. He sounds very happy.
You could throw in a bit of tiny pieces of fruit several times of week too, just for color & flavor. If he is ever gaping & you happen to be right there, that is a great opportunity to stick a little piece into his mouth to see what he does! He may spit it out & he might not.
He ended up sitting in your hand instead of on the dash? That is hilarious but at least he got to see though!

Tracie

Old 08-27-2007, 02:23 PM   #72
harmonysmom
Yeah, def. got to see!

HE ATE HIS GREENS! After I posted that message, I went in to feed him some crickets, and all his dragon bites were gone, over half of his greens were gone, and all his worms.

I'm so excited! I can't wait to see him eat more! Although, he might not do it when I'm watching....:P

Old 08-27-2007, 03:38 PM   #73
Drache613
Hello

Hello Amber,

Hey that is great Tobias ate so much of his greens & his dragon bites! See, patience pays off sometimes. He will probably wait until you leave the room to eat them though! You could put a videocam in there to watch him! LOL
I am happy to hear that. What a cutie pie he is.

Tracie

Old 08-28-2007, 10:37 PM   #74
harmonysmom
Well, I guess he only eats them when HE feels like it. I made him up a new batch the next day, this time I added in green bell pepper, dragon bites, parsley, turnip greens, worms, and carrots. He hasn't touched it.

I was however, able to measure and weigh him again. He has gained 0.4 ounces since 3 days ago....he's such a pig :P But I love it! And he has grown an inch, although that may be due to possible difference in way body was positioned first time I measured, or do they really grow that fast?

I also got to feed him from my hand today. He didn't feel like getting off his rock to catch his crickets, so I grabbed one and a time and had him take them from between my fingers. It was the coolest thing ever! I tried to use dragon treats, he didn't take them and eventually stopped trusting what I was giving him and stopped eating.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:23 AM   #75
Drache613
Hello

Hello Amber,

So when was the last time you measured him? They can grow pretty fast sometimes. It isn't unheard of for them to grow 1/2 to 1 inch weekly on short bursts. He has gained too, so, I am sure he has grown in length as well.
Go figure. You will have to leave the room for him to eat his greens & veggies!! LOL
Great he was eating crickets out of your fingers. Isn't that so cool? NOW he is going to be very very spoiled! Oh well, that is ok. You don't mind.

Tracie

Old 08-29-2007, 12:30 PM   #76
harmonysmom
Yeah, he's already spoiled on that. He's to the point that he won't chase many of his crickets anymore. He'll eat only so many, and that is IF they come near him. There are times I have to chase them around the tank, then drop them in front of him. Once he's tired of that, he'll go to his rock, give me that pathetic puppy look, and I start feeding him by hand. He'll eat a min. of 5 or so out of my hands before he's done eating for that meal.

Took him outside again today. When his mouth was open, I tried to put a dragon bite into his mouth, but he didn't have it open wide enough for me to do so. Maybe next time.

I measured and weighed him first on the 25th, then again yesterday (28th)

He shed a HUGE chunk of skin sometime last night/early morning. I went in to play with Harmony, looked over at the cage and saw it sitting there. He's starting to get that thing on the top/back of his head....if you know what I'm talking about. It's neat though to see how much he's already changed in the short time I've had him.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:08 PM   #77
Drache613
Hello

Hello Amber,

That is so funny, I can picture you chasing him around with a dragon bite or crickets trying to get him to eat! He is so spoiled now! Geez! At least he is eating though & obviously growing too.
So he shed recently? Yes, his head is starting to change shape a little bit. It is getting some ridges to it now? You will have to post a few pics soon for me to see. It is interesting to see the changes that they go through while young & developing like this.
So he is still enjoying going outside now? I hope the weather holds up for a bit longer for him to get some UVB's.

Tracie

Old 08-29-2007, 09:02 PM   #78
harmonysmom
The weather will hold up for a good time here still. We haven't had a very cold winter in a long time. Granted, it'll be too cold to take him out for a 1/2 hour every day, but it'll last until October at the latest. So still got awhile.

It's not him I chase around the tank, thankfully. It's the crickets I had dropped in there for him to chase and eat. But he's just too good for that anymore. :P

I will def. post some more pics. He loves the camera. I took him out today, and set him inside a decorative skull my husband has. I have a few of him coming out of the eye and 2 of him sitting in the mouth. haha..then I have one of him on top of a ceramic tiger...and then a few of him just posing...all but the ones of the skull and him were taken before he got ridges.

He does have his first ridge on the back of his head. He's starting to get a teeny bit rougher on the skin too. He shed sometime early this morning...probably around 6am or so.

I will get those pics. up tomorrow though since it's his bed time. I figured it's easier to put him to bed at same time as daughter, then they both wake up at the same time...works out great...he still gets 14 hours of day time and 10 hours of night time. And it's still pretty dusk out when it's time for him to wake up.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:11 PM   #79
Drache613
Hello

Hello Amber,
Oh of course, his bedtime now! We can't disturb him.
Great you must be getting really good at chasing the crickets, & of course, he just watches you. I think that he has you trained to catch his prey for him now. I wonder what goes through his mind as he is watching his mom chase down the crickets. LOL I have been through it! LOL
I hope the warm weather holds up for awhile still for you to be able to take him outside.
That sounds like a perfect schedule, he is getting plenty of sleep for his growing body. Oh his skin is getting a bit rougher too? See there are all sorts of changes that he will go through. That is really cool. I am looking forward to seeing all of those cute pics of Tobias!

Tracie

Old 08-30-2007, 02:40 PM   #80
harmonysmom
I think he has me trained too....haha. You would think I'd be getting better at catching them, but no luck. Once I start chasing them, he'll chase after me....but only because he knows once I grab it, he can eat it. Makes me wonder what he's thinking too at times.

Just chased down the extra crickets in his cage a bit ago. I needed to scoop out the sand, and noticed some hide-aways that have probably been there a couple days. So I put new sand into the oven, so I could add it in with the rest, and caught all the crickets. Then I added the sterilized WARM sand and mixed it in....once he was put in, he loved the warmth on his belly.

He also likes having his neck rubbed, he'll stand himself up and stretch his neck out just like a cat when you rub theirs. It's too funny.

Here are the pics. (such a ham)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!