OMG! I hatched a two-headed dragon! - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-18-2008, 07:02 PM   #51
Valley Dragons
He's doing good. I seperated him from his siblings so that I can tell if he poops. That is my next concern, since I have no idea if his digestive system is properly formed. Seems to have a good appetite though, and he is moving all around his cage.

Jamie

Old 05-19-2008, 07:25 AM   #52
GottaLuvHerps
Jamie
Sorry I'm coming in late on this, but CONGRATS! The baby(ies) look adorable! And if anyone can give that baby a good life, it is you for sure! I think Matt said just about everything else on my feelings about the idea of breeding for money (I have a great husband, don't I?)
How is he doing today?

Kel

Old 05-19-2008, 10:20 AM   #53
Valley Dragons
I am still waiting for him to poop. If he does not go soon, I will try a warm soak. I'm feeling pretty paranoid right now, because he has eaten quite a bit...and what goes in must come out, unless there is some sort of internal issue. His belly is looking quite full this morning.

I noticed something pretty bizarre. His breathing is not in sinc...each side inhales and exhales at it's own pace. One may breath faster, while the other breathes slower, and one my be inhaling while the other is exhaling. I guess each head controls one side of the body - at least as far as breathing is concerned. It amazes me that they can get it together enough to walk around. This might explain why the gait looks a bit weird...if they are having to work together to make things happen. I'll post more updates as they happen!

Jamie

Old 05-19-2008, 10:22 AM   #54
GottaLuvHerps
Have you thought about getting an ultrasound to see what organs are shared? That might give you a better idea on what is going on for the little one.
The breathing thing is strange! I bet it is adorable though!

Kelly

Old 05-20-2008, 03:13 PM   #55
Valley Dragons
We have POOP, glorious POOP!!!! Yay!!!

My little two-headed bugger finally pooped for me today! I was really starting to worry. The warm soaks were not working and he was getting kinda bloated looking (the darn thing just keeps eating and eating, lol). So today I gave him a real good belly massage, and a few minutes later...out came a perfect little poop! I never thought I would ever get this excited over poop, lol.

Here's a really crappy video I took yesterday. I am new at this, and I promise these will get better, lol. I plan to get a video of him eating tommorow.

http://www.youtube.com/ValleyDragons30

Take special note of his breathing when he is sitting on my hand, about the middle of the video.

Jamie

Old 05-20-2008, 03:18 PM   #56
GottaLuvHerps
oh WOW jamie he is ADORABLE! i love how he is already so hand-tamed! and the running across the cage made me crack up! "THIS way!" "NO, THAT way" was all i heard (in bert and ernie voices too lol). he looks great, and congrats on the poop. i will say it again, isnt it amazing how happy poop can make us?

kel

Old 05-20-2008, 03:33 PM   #57
Tere Salazar
OMG...how cute! The different breathing from each side is so incredibly cool. And so tiny...

Old 05-20-2008, 04:32 PM   #58
JeffnDes
I want one!

Old 05-20-2008, 10:31 PM   #59
Beardiepal
Jamie

The US sounds like a pretty good idea if its indeed accurate for such a tiny baby. But the breathing was asynchronous at times like they had their own separate lungs...but then at the end it appeared he/she was breathing together...Jamie..this is the most amazing thing and I have to agree with Kelly...he/she or could they be one of each, LOL, JK, oh sorry...I have to agree with kelly...they have a GREAT mom...Take good care Beth

Old 05-23-2008, 06:48 PM   #60
Valley Dragons
looking good at 1 week old...

Here he (or she or they) are at 1 week old...sleepy with a full belly.

Jamie
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!