Need help dragons dieing. - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-23-2010, 12:16 AM   #21
ace9916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinar Dragonz View Post
This is just terrible
! So sorry for your losses. Just throwing this out there... could you possibly be bringing something into your dragon area? Something on your clothing or body that may be toxic... perhaps from your employment?
I don't think so I'm a supervisor at a warehouse here. I just sit and tell everyone wat to do all day.

I dont think that crickets are the issue with my dragons. I was just saying that here in cali we have been having an issue with crickets. I breed the most part of my feeders. But my ex supplier was telling me that theres something going on that a lot of the breeders here are having trouble keeping up stock.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:51 PM   #22
Heart4Dragonz
I hope they find something in the necropsy. I know dragons can go downhill pretty fast with fatty liver (hepatic lipidosis syndrome), and it's usually not really caught until the necropsy, but I'm pretty sure they go some time without eating, and shoe some other signs of depression... :-\

Wish you the best of luck with the rest of your dragons..

Old 04-23-2010, 05:07 PM   #23
spyder79
fatty liver disease would not cause 4 dragons to just drop dead with no other signs. This sounds like a adeno positive dragon was introduced into your colony and it swept your dragons with weaker immune systems. I would contact the lab your vet is using and see if they have a way of detecting this virus via the necropsy and if they do not i would contact the owner of this site http://www.thepats.info/Home_Page.html and get the contact information of the lab that does all of their testing. Just my opinion.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:34 AM   #24
ace9916
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder79 View Post
fatty liver disease would not cause 4 dragons to just drop dead with no other signs. This sounds like a adeno positive dragon was introduced into your colony and it swept your dragons with weaker immune systems. I would contact the lab your vet is using and see if they have a way of detecting this virus via the necropsy and if they do not i would contact the owner of this site http://www.thepats.info/Home_Page.html and get the contact information of the lab that does all of their testing. Just my opinion.

Do you happen to know how much they charge for the testing at the site you provided. I have 4 bodies and would like other vets to check them out to get different answers. I emailed them for more info but not heard from them yet.

Old 04-24-2010, 07:32 PM   #25
spyder79
If you email tracie (the owner of that site) she should be able to help you out.
her email
info@ThePats.info

a necropsy for that information will not be cheap

Old 04-24-2010, 11:45 PM   #26
CarolinaClassicDragons
Sounds like it could be cryptosporidium. I would make sure you are proactively asking your vet about it and make sure they are testing for it. Its a real nasty parasite and I do hope your beardies didnt have it. If so, discard the cages they were housed in.

Let us know the outcome and I am very sorry to hear about your losses.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:38 AM   #27
ace9916
Here is the first update available my vet did the necropsy on the 4 females all had eggs in them. And food in the stomachs. No signs of parasites that he could tell. We agreed to send out samples of each to get further tests done by a more detailed lab.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:32 AM   #28
ace9916
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiboydavid View Post
Sounds like it could be cryptosporidium. I would make sure you are proactively asking your vet about it and make sure they are testing for it. Its a real nasty parasite and I do hope your beardies didnt have it. If so, discard the cages they were housed in.

Let us know the outcome and I am very sorry to hear about your losses.

I read 6 different sites about crypto. all say that it gives a warning just like almost all other parasites. Loss of appetite, weight, not moving around as much. But none say that it kills within 24-48 hours. Neither do they say that it causes internal bleeding. I would guess that its not going to be crypto based off of what I read. None of my dragons have shown any signs of losing weight when they die they all look pretty healthy from the out side, just as if they were when running around.

At this point i'v lost so many so fast and spent so much on finding out what this is. I have lost hope that i will recover, and want to do this again in the future. It took a lot of time and energy to find all these animals. and losing them all in less then 2 weeks is not a great feeling. The docs have not gotten back yet with any sure fire ideas of what is the cause and how to fix it. The longer they take the more im loosing. just last night i lost two more in the middle of the night . As of this morning I stand on 7 total females gone, having it all be females is the only thing keeping me somewhat hopeful. That it is something only related to females, adult females at that. My younger females and males are all doing great still.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:04 AM   #29
angie.h
I know that your first 3 were from the same breeder...how about the last couple ? And it's funny that they were all gravid,did the vet mention egg-binding? But that surely wouldn't have happened to that many,unless they all had something like adeno to begin with which weakened them. Adenovirus can show symptoms similar to parasite load but they can also harbor it with no symptoms I believe.That's really too bad Armando...how sad and I really hope the others will survive.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:20 PM   #30
ace9916
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie.h View Post
I know that your first 3 were from the same breeder...how about the last couple ? And it's funny that they were all gravid,did the vet mention egg-binding? But that surely wouldn't have happened to that many,unless they all had something like adeno to begin with which weakened them. Adenovirus can show symptoms similar to parasite load but they can also harbor it with no symptoms I believe.That's really too bad Armando...how sad and I really hope the others will survive.

Yes the original three came from the same breeder. All the rest are from all over. The ones I am losing now i'v had since hatchling so I know every detail about their up bringing, and health. He didnt say that they were egg bound. It appeared as if they started to go bad in them. One had an egg popped in her, another had eggs that were really dark in color(Black) But then the last one was opened up and she had eggs but they were still small not all the way formed, and she had blood in her lungs. The weird thing is none showed signs of even being gravid none tried digging, scratching, they weren't going nuts running around everywhere. they didn't have any bulges along their body, and you could't even feel the eggs in them.

I wouldn't be surprised if these last two that passed last night have eggs as well. The other thing thats throwing me off is that their age range is from 10 months to 2 1/2 years old. Its like anything that is old enough or close enough to cycle is doing so.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!