Need help dragons dieing. - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-26-2010, 12:33 PM   #31
ace9916
I guess the only positive thing now is that i got a really early lesson on how to do a necropsy on a bearded dragon and what to look for. My vet knows i'm taking classes for being a vet so every now and then he lets me sit in and watch whats going on or listen. Mostly when they are my own animals though he just tells me to come in close to closing time.Depending on the severity of the injury or illness of course. So he can take the time to show me and explain to me more in detail on what we are looking for. IF I do end up losing a lot here I might just go back to class full time and dedicate my time on that.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:44 PM   #32
CarolinaClassicDragons
Hey Armando,

Man I hate to hear this and it is puzzling to say the least. I am going to send this thread off to a couple of my vet friends to get some more thoughts.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:14 PM   #33
ace9916
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiboydavid View Post
Hey Armando,

Man I hate to hear this and it is puzzling to say the least. I am going to send this thread off to a couple of my vet friends to get some more thoughts.
That fine with me at this point I guess all we can hope for is an answer to what is going on with them. Learn from it and not let it happen again.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:22 PM   #34
ace9916
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart4Dragonz View Post
I hope they find something in the necropsy. I know dragons can go downhill pretty fast with fatty liver (hepatic lipidosis syndrome), and it's usually not really caught until the necropsy, but I'm pretty sure they go some time without eating, and shoe some other signs of depression... :-\

Wish you the best of luck with the rest of your dragons..
Thank you

And I'm sorry for your loss as well i had read you just recently lost a baby dragon.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:10 PM   #35
frillielover17
I am so sorry for the losses you have had to deal with. I wish I could be of some help but unfortunately I don't think there is much I can do other than offer my sympathy.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:18 PM   #36
westcoastdragons
I don’t post on here often but have been closely following this thread. I can’t imagine loosing dragons at this rate and it would be completely crushing. I hope the necropsies and further testing can shed some light on this devastating loss. Our deepest sympathies.
Rik & Rosana

Old 04-26-2010, 06:18 PM   #37
spyder79
Armondo

Were you able to get any input from Tracie or your vet on performing a test for Adeno?

Old 04-28-2010, 12:50 AM   #38
ace9916
Do you think coccidia could kill so many that fast.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:23 AM   #39
angie.h
No,almost certainly not.Not that I've ever heard of. Plus,parasite load is usually accompanied by at least SOME symptoms of ill health. The truth is,we probably don't know all the various things that could kill reptiles...that type of veterinary research/learning hasn't been around as long as the typical dog/cat vet. Are you still awaiting lab results?

Old 04-28-2010, 12:53 PM   #40
ace9916
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie.h View Post
No,almost certainly not.Not that I've ever heard of. Plus,parasite load is usually accompanied by at least SOME symptoms of ill health. The truth is,we probably don't know all the various things that could kill reptiles...that type of veterinary research/learning hasn't been around as long as the typical dog/cat vet. Are you still awaiting lab results?
Thats what I thought.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!