I've got EGGS!!!!! - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-31-2011, 04:38 PM   #71
Matt2979
HELP!! Ok, I guess I need to start paying people for all their help (especially Mrs Salazar!!) but I need more. My girl laid her 2nd clutch on 5/9 (3 weeks ago, yesterday). She had laid 1 sometime the night before in her enclosure, and then 26 more in her lay box (on 5/9)...then another the next day in her enclosure (#28)...then ANOTHER the next day for a total of 29.

Here we are 22 days later and she's digging like crazy. Didn't think too much of it since she's done this at least a week in advance for both of her clutches, AND it's only been 22 days. There was 6 weeks and 1 day between clutch #1 and# 2.

Despite the short amount of time, I just found 2 eggs that she must've laid earlier today. They're very shriveled, but don't look to be anymore than maybe 12 hours old. Of course, that's just a guess, but it could not have been TOO much longer or I'm sure I would have seen them sooner.

Has anyone had such an experience? Is it possible that she's ready to lay another full clutche after dropping 57 eggs (not including these 2) in the past 11 weeks?? Or should this just be a fluke? Guess I'm gonna have to increase the size of my roach colonies...AGAIN!

Old 05-31-2011, 05:28 PM   #72
Tere Salazar
Hehehehe. Hey, Matt...welcome to world of beardie breeding! LOL! Yes, she can be ready for another full clutch. The times between aren't set in stone, as we learned when one of our girls laid 2 full clutches 13 days apart. I can't remember how many each clutch, but it was her 2nd and 3rd...and neither any smaller than her first. So...congrats again!

This is when you learn about expecting the unexpected...and how it's better to be over-prepared than under-prepared. (Heck, I just learned that under-prepared thing again yesterday!)

Old 05-31-2011, 07:18 PM   #73
maggiemay1969
Hey guys....I have a gravid female who looks like she is about to positively burst!...I have a laying bed (5 gallon bucket w/sterile soil/vermiculite etc)...but she isn't interested. Is still in her main enclosure (glass sides w/slate tile floor) but has exhibited NO interested in laying yet and it's been a lonnnnng time. Eating like a horse, I spray/mist her every day...confirmed eggs via an ultrasound...any ideas? Wondering if I should put her in a larger tupperware container of some type filled with dirt instead???

Old 05-31-2011, 07:46 PM   #74
maggiemay1969
Oh, and haven't seen *any* digging behavior at all...she is just big fat and lazy...does not want to be handled/bothered at all, just wants to eat....She is next to my male lizard, (but they are separated by a wood partition and he is brumating right now, so hardly moves lately, just sleeps all day) Should I move her to a separate room entirely and change up her laying bed? Just how long is *too* long to wait for her to lay...anybody? I'm starting to really worry about her.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:16 AM   #75
angie.h
Don't worry, when the time comes she will stop eating start scratching around and you'll put her in her laybin.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:02 PM   #76
Matt2979
Tere, thank you...AGAIN!!! I just finished putting away 27 eggs in the incubator. Almost all of these are whiter and more plump than the average egg of both her other clutches. And speaking of other clutcheS...are they ever gonna hatch??? I've been watching the first clutch like hawk. I'm 'bout ready to shake the tub and see if anything comes out!!!

Old 06-02-2011, 08:58 AM   #77
Tere Salazar
I guess it is about that time now, isn't it? You're just over 60 days right now, right? I know you've got to be getting anxious. How does the first clutch look? Have they started sweating, turning see-through, collapsing, anything different? Have you tried candling them at all?

Old 06-02-2011, 10:11 AM   #78
Matt2979
Today is #67!! Where are my scissors??!!! lol

I did candle them. All, but 2, had healthy veins. Those 2 I'm not sure if it's just the way that they're sitting, but I didn't want to move anything. I did have a mess of little gnats/flies in one of the tubs from a couple of eggs that went bad. I removed several, a couple of weeks ago, but only the ones that I KNEW had gone bad. In the beginning they were SO small, I didn't trust my "candling abilities" enough to rely on the lack of veins (I'm still used to BP eggs that are HUGE in comparison).

But when I candled a couple of these, I SAW A LITTLE LIZARD MOVING INSIDE!!!!!! LMAO...I got so excited. One of the ones with the baby moving inside looks to be getting very thin in one spot on the end. They definitely look like they'll be pipping ANY time now!! Ok, I gotta go check again!!

Old 06-02-2011, 11:19 AM   #79
Tere Salazar
Oh no! Look out for the mad cutter! Matt, put down the scissors and step back slowly...

So awesome that you got to see a baby! I never could see anything candling until the very end, but the eggs are just so fragile at that point. What you're calling the thin spot is what I mean when I say see-through. Thin is a much better description, thank you.

It sounds like they're very, very close to hatching. I bet you're going to be like a kid at Christmas 20-however-many-times over! I can't WAIT!

Old 06-02-2011, 01:01 PM   #80
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tere Salazar View Post
Oh no! Look out for the mad cutter! Matt, put down the scissors and step back slowly...

So awesome that you got to see a baby! I never could see anything candling until the very end, but the eggs are just so fragile at that point. What you're calling the thin spot is what I mean when I say see-through. Thin is a much better description, thank you.

It sounds like they're very, very close to hatching. I bet you're going to be like a kid at Christmas 20-however-many-times over! I can't WAIT!
Alright, fine! I put the scissors down, but I didn't step back slowly...I stomped away and POUTED!!!! lol I'm just kidding! When I cut BP eggs, not only are they MUCH larger, but snakes have no little limbs that could easily be cut.

I did notice a couple of eggs "sweating". Unfortunately, at least one of the ones doing that is an egg that showed no veins so I'm not sure what's going on with it. And "see through" is just as accurate a description, as I can almost see through that spot. It's almost like a window that I'm expecting a tiny lizard to come out of soon!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!