Bad Guy Shannon Brooks of Scotsburg NY - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:03 PM   #1
johnthebaptist
Shannon Brooks of Scotsburg NY

I purchased a Vision cage through ebay from a seller with the ebay ID 'Crestiesmb' and paid instantly through paypal. I Have had large items sent parcel post take up to a month so i was very patient before i started to inquire about my item. after 30 days i emailed the seller who responded with an apology. He claimed there was an issue on his end and that the item WAS already shipped and in good faith he would refund my shipping ($30). Since the item was already shipped i agreed. i waited another 30 days but due to my own ignorance of ebay and paypal i didnt realize after 60 days they will not investigate. After another month the seller broke all contact and i was out $60. While i understand my ignorance of ebay/paypal policy is responsible for me being out the money, what he did was plain wrong and criminal. I am not concerned about getting my $60 back. Everything in life is an education and education is rarely free. What bothers me is that i filed a police report and nothing came of it. They dont really care. People have went to jail for less money. I hate thiefs and liars so i did my own investigating as this person still posts freely on his ebay account. I discovered his name is Shannon brooks he is from Scottsburg NY his girlfriend whom he lives with is named Rose bourgoine. Shannons cell phone # is 585-236-3294 and their home phone # is 585-335-6683. Their address is 5644 scottsburg rd 14545. Ebay name 'crestiesmb' I know they are into geckos. I know its immature but so is stealing and lying so feel free to give the guy a call and tell him we dont like thieves in our hobby.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:23 PM   #2
LauraB
Quote:
I know its immature but so is stealing and lying so feel free to give the guy a call and tell him we dont like thieves in our hobby.
Yeah, it is - immature, that is - to suggest everyone "feel free" to call the guy.
Stealing is criminal, so the dude is a common thief.
Lying is unethical, so the dude obviously can't be trusted & has no character.

Sorry you're out $60.00. Thanks for the warning and the guy's info.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:06 AM   #3
ltdtokay
Post removed - violation of full name rule, registered under a fictitious name
hhmoore

Old 10-07-2011, 10:13 AM   #4
johnthebaptist
Yes i know paypal has buyer protection. It is 60 days. I obviously contacted them and they would not do anything. Just because it has never taken more than two weeks for you to receive something does not change the fact that i have seen USPS parcel post take upwards of a month. I posted that i did indeed make a mistake. Does that make it right for someone to steal from me? Im not sure what you mean about it being 'personal' but if your implying that no crime was committed and i am just smearing someones name you need to take the time to read my post again.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:17 AM   #5
johnthebaptist
I find it odd that 'John Smith" from the same area of the thief who stole from me felt the need to join fauna just to post that i am wrong here.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:26 AM   #6
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthebaptist View Post
I discovered his name is Shannon brooks he is from Scottsburg NY his girlfriend whom he lives with is named Rose bourgoine. Shannons cell phone # is 585-236-3294 and their home phone # is 585-335-6683. Their address is 5644 scottsburg rd 14545. Ebay name 'crestiesmb' I know they are into geckos. I know its immature but so is stealing and lying so feel free to give the guy a call and tell him we dont like thieves in our hobby.
Amazingly, ltdtokay ("John Smith") registered using the email rbourgoine@stny.rr.com. For some reason that just has a funny ring to it...give me a minute, I'll figure it out.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:28 AM   #7
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthebaptist View Post
I find it odd that 'John Smith" from the same area of the thief who stole from me felt the need to join fauna just to post that i am wrong here.
Interesting...

Old 10-07-2011, 10:29 AM   #8
hhmoore
Oh, yeah, that's right. The guy's girlfriend....but, she goes by John now?
Rose - you have 24 hrs to contact the site administrator (WebSlave) to have your name corrected on your profile. Failure to do so will result in your account being banned, and your posts removed. (Include me in the recipient list, in case the change isn't made by your deadline)

Old 10-07-2011, 10:31 AM   #9
radera5
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Amazingly, ltdtokay ("John Smith") registered using the email rbourgoine@stny.rr.com. For some reason that just has a funny ring to it...give me a minute, I'll figure it out.
In comes Harald with the knock out blow

Nice eye fellas...

Old 10-07-2011, 10:42 AM   #10
MinisaurusReptiles
Ahh a bad guy shooting himself in the foot. Who would have thunk it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!