Striated (Fire x Super Fire) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-30-2012, 05:23 PM   #1
AGoodwin
Question Striated (Fire x Super Fire)

Wondering if anyone has seen any of these for sale. I searched both here and Kingsnake and got no results. I am not looking to buy one, just curious how much they go for. Being that Fires are a fairly cheap morph, I am wondering if it might be worth trying to produce some. I dont much care for the Fire morph itself, but I do like some of the combos, and the Super Black Eyed Lucys also, but I am really liking this "Striated".

http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/striated/

Old 03-30-2012, 05:37 PM   #2
hhmoore
Well, a super fire x a fire should give fires and super fires...so wtf is a striated?
Will be interesting to see what, if anything, comes of future breedings...and what, if anything, else may have been hiding in the original animals to make it.

Old 03-30-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
AGoodwin
Yeah, I was a bit confused when I saw it, but I figured "hey, I'm just a newbie, so what do I know?" lol. Either way, I really like the snake depicted on that morphs page.

Old 03-30-2012, 05:48 PM   #4
p8ntballrman
It was produced by Constrictors Unlimited in 08.... however I haven't seen any information on it since. There website still says "In Development" with no other information. My guess is there was a gene inside the BlackEL that wasn't visible until it was bread to the Fire. Very cool snake but not alot of information is available that I can find on the exact genes

Old 03-30-2012, 06:04 PM   #5
B&C Ball Pythons
Side topic. Nice chromers Phillip!

Old 03-30-2012, 06:08 PM   #6
p8ntballrman
Quote:
Originally Posted by B&C Ball Pythons View Post
Side topic. Nice chromers Phillip!
42 salmon hooked in the Salt that day including a QUAD rod down ( 4 rods down at once )

8 Salmon in the box home by lunch..... now back to your regularly scheduled topic.

Old 03-30-2012, 11:19 PM   #7
oskyle1567
Three gene super :O that would be awesome if someone prove's something like that out~!~

Old 03-31-2012, 11:36 AM   #8
MrBig
I agree with Harald that more is involved here. Anyone else think that maybe it has G-stripe in it?

Old 03-31-2012, 05:50 PM   #9
hhmoore
I don't think Gstripe.
I'm inclined to think aberrant patterned fire. That snake was produced in 2008. If I produced something like that, you can bet your butt I'd be repeating the pairing to hopefully reproduce the outcome. Failure to reproduce it in repeat breedings by the same pair indicates that it wasn't "genetic"; in which case we have to look at the aberration itself to see if it is reproducible. The post indicates planned breedings in 2010; which means that in 2010 or 2011, there should have been some buzz if they produced more. Maybe she matured slowly, didn't lay, or the eggs didn't hatch...or maybe it was just a nice looking fluke. Time may tell...heck, Mike W. might tell, if somebody were to ask him.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:33 PM   #10
RobNJ
Looks like a washed out gargoyle to me...

Neat stuff.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!