NERD supports Voids and plays with them - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 06:30 PM   #111
Rebel Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycorn
Its not at personal issue to want to have someone to look up to and guide you in your quest for knowledge, ever heard of a mentor, a teacher, a hero? guess not, at the very least to have someone to respect.
Maybe you put too much weight on what people say and do while "online".

There is a person on fauna who comes across as a complete "bitch" when she makes ANY post. But truth be known, she is one of the most intellegent people I have ever talked to when it comes to reptiles.

I believe that the saying, "never judge a book by it's cover" comes into play here.

Old 07-09-2005, 06:31 PM   #112
Gary O
Look man I think you are trying to get the heat off of Nerd. I see this in your reasoning.

"Well this guy ripped you off for 500 well this other guy got ripped for 350 so until we deal with it all just shut up."

This has nothing to do with a 5 foot boa nothing to do with a snake around the neck. It has everything to do with little kids petting a HOT! WTF is that. if you could not see that in the pics then I am sorry. Nerd had a show. They brought out voids to show off. that is promoting them.

Lets say Ray hunter posts pics with him free handling a hot. People BASH him for it. But he is the first to say do not try this at home. He puts it with the pic. He also will not let other do it. But here at this show they are saying pet this cobra it is nice. it can not kill you. It is ok to go up to this rattlesnake and play with it. see I do it.

There is enough of that on TV.....................But to let the kids have hands on WOW.

Nerd has it's place and yes that was Kevin in them pics. Nerd had a show and promoted voids in it. I could not believe it at first. But it happened.

and Dave came here and did not bash NERD just posted pics. You all looked past them. Also he did not take the pics and use them as his own. There is a fine line. If he claimed them as his own then there would be issues. But he posted them and gave credit but I think the owner wishes they were not givin credit now.

Old 07-09-2005, 06:35 PM   #113
crazycorn
Mike, I go by peoples actions and attitudes, they speak much louder than knowledge IMO. But hey we can always use the clique 'agree to disagree'.

Old 07-09-2005, 06:36 PM   #114
Rockford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
Very true!! And if the people with the facts had pointed all that out I doubt that there would have been much if any criticism. Certainly none from me.

And David went above and beyond and stood up for what he did. I applauded him then and I do now.
Insults like the one below really have me doubting your sincerity of the above quote..

Quote:
I doubt that you even have a clue about liabilities but maybe I am wrong. As for name calling, I did nothing of the sort. I referred to you as a "poo slinger". If this isn't slinging poo I don't know what is. So, to quote you, "I just gave my OPINION". Now run along little dogie. Your mama's calling.
Jim seems to have a passion of insulting kids(David sorry to refer you as a kid, I think you are more of an adult than some here).
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...03&page=3&pp=5

Jim you need to find yourself a girlfriend.

bthacker

Old 07-09-2005, 06:40 PM   #115
crazycorn
Brett, I still consider myself a kid that is still maturing into a young adult and gaining knowledge along the way.

PS: Remind me to never post late at night while on sleeping pills. LOL

Old 07-09-2005, 06:44 PM   #116
bcfos
And to whoever gave me negative rep points... Your trailer park is showing dumbass. Learn to spell quote then come see me.

Old 07-09-2005, 06:45 PM   #117
crazycorn
To see what Brian is talking about look at this... quote code don't work in rep area
Attached Images

Old 07-09-2005, 06:48 PM   #118
crazycorn
Dang, with in the last 5 minutes I got a negative and a positive with no feedback.....

Old 07-09-2005, 06:57 PM   #119
JuliusSqueezer
I appologize for not responding to this several pages back when it was posted. I was busy elsewhere and got behind. I am aware of how little it takes to cut off carotid bloodflow. I'm also aware of how little effort it takes for a below average strength human being to simply reach back and unwind a 5 foot carpet python.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
Do you know how much unilateral carotid sinus pressure is required to cause bradycardia and syncope? Evidently not as you don't likely know enough anatomy, physiology, or vocabulary. I, on the other hand, have a medical degree and practiced clinical medicine for 17 years so let me help you. The carotid sinus is a collection of nerve endings in the carotid artery. Pressure on the carotid sinus typically results in a slowed heart rate (bradycardia). In some cases, it is sufficient to cause syncope (fainting or loss of consciousness) rather quickly. In fact, in some people with carotid sinus hypersensitivity, a quick turn of the head can result in loss of consciousness. Now imagine a 5 foot constrictor getting a good press on someone like that. It can happen. You want to argue the medical likelihood? Go ahead and do it. But you'd be wrong to say it cannot happen. Because it can, even in a relatively healthy person. That is why I cringe when I see or hear of people allowing constrictors on or near their necks. In the case of the individual in question, I suspect this may have been what happened as he was going down pretty quickly, long before his airway could possibly have been compromised

Old 07-09-2005, 07:05 PM   #120
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary O
Look man I think you are trying to get the heat off of Nerd. I see this in your reasoning.

"Well this guy ripped you off for 500 well this other guy got ripped for 350 so until we deal with it all just shut up."
Huh? I must have missed something here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary O
This has nothing to do with a 5 foot boa nothing to do with a snake around the neck. It has everything to do with little kids petting a HOT! WTF is that. if you could not see that in the pics then I am sorry. Nerd had a show. They brought out voids to show off. that is promoting them.
Indeed. Again, my point was not that this is not bad but that there are also other issues. And more people go to non-venomous shows and see said idiot with a large constrictor around their neck and think it is safe to do that ALSO. I never disagreed with your initial post. In fact I said I agreed with most of it as I recall. I was merely trying to make a point that there are many common examples of snakes that are improperly handled and this does a disservice to us all. I went on to point out that even smaller constrictors can be dangerous. I think many people missed my point. It was not to detract from the stupidity of what I saw in the pics but to add to it. I am sorry that most saw it another way. It certainly was never my intent.

As for David, I stand by what I said earlier. He was very mature to admit that he could have presented it better. And without knowing what the pictures were, he might have used better judgement and found out first. I think it's clear that he learned that lesson.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread