NERD supports Voids and plays with them - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 07:54 PM   #141
crazycorn
ENOUGH name calling, it will detract from this thread and its meaning ultimately taking it to HELL, plus I can't stand name calling.

Old 07-09-2005, 07:56 PM   #142
crazycorn
I have PM'ed NERD about question and I hope to see the answer publicly as that is for what I asked. Sadly I doubt I will get the answer.......

Old 07-09-2005, 07:57 PM   #143
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycorn
I have PM'ed NERD about question and I hope to see the answer publicly as that is for what I asked. Sadly I doubt I will get the answer.......
You might get a quicker response from an e-mail David.

Old 07-09-2005, 08:03 PM   #144
crazycorn
LOL I think my email is getting enough of a work out with the topic reply notices.

Old 07-09-2005, 08:04 PM   #145
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycorn
LOL I think my email is getting enough of a work out with the topic reply notices.
Turn them off. LOL.

Old 07-09-2005, 08:42 PM   #146
SPJ
I have read thru this whole thing and find a real problem with the fact that NERD did the WORST type of educational presentation possible and jeopardized innocent people.

Void or not, you should ALWAYS treat a gabby, cobra, rattler, etc. as a hot!

Freehandling and letting kids pet them in WRONG.

The age of the poster should not be an issue. It seems to me that for being 16, he has more sense than Kevin who is much older.

Does NERD support voids. Based upon the fact that they are showing them off to kids and being reckless with them, I would say they do.

They got them as rescues and BOUGHT others. Personnally, I think NERD specifically went out looking to buy voids to use in a display like this.

Between Kevins arrogance to the "little guys" as vendors at shows, the unethical crossing of the woma x carpet, and now the totally irresponsible display of these animals in public, I am getting really tired of how they are conducting themselves.

Forget about who posted the pics and the age of the people responding in the thread and focus on what the pictures show.

They show NERD putting on a display using potentially dangerous animals with NO safety precautions. Hell one pic shows a cobra being provoked into striking at a person.

Where is the barrier between the animal and the public?
Where are the pics of the proper handling techniques?
Where is the statement from NERD that they never should have allowed spectator contact with these animals?

Forget about the name of the business that did this. If it wasn't "NERD", this display would be condemned by a lot more people.

Old 07-09-2005, 08:48 PM   #147
sirenofthestorm
Sooo will someone who represents NERD please tell me whether or not everyone who handled, touched, or was otherwise within striking distance of the voids were on their way to being apprenticed in hots with several hundred hours of work under their belts?

NERD, you're around, please respond.

Old 07-09-2005, 08:55 PM   #148
JuliusSqueezer
I don't get this whole "rescue" thing. Apparently a mutant ball python mill, factory, whatever you want to call it... is the ideal place to send unwanted venomoids to? They sure get a lot lol...How many voids have you guys ever seen up for rescue/adoption? What moronic agency would hand them over to someone who has no regard for safety of even children? Since I know for fact that Kara openly admitted at one point that they had a "vet" perform the void surgeries for NERD ...I'm gonna call BS on this whole "rescue" claim. I'd also love to see the credentials of this so called vet. No self respecting vet who wishes to not be sued over a botched surgery resulting in an envenomation would touch this procedure with a 10 foot mamba.

Old 07-09-2005, 09:05 PM   #149
Karen Hulvey
In every other thread where someone is pictured freehandling a hot people jump down the person's throat. Yet in this one, the poster needs to provide proof. Like the pictures aren't proof.

Where is everyone's outrage at the way venomous animals were presented? Instead everyone is stuck on the fact that someone reposted pictures posted on a free website.

Post #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakOfNature66
Personly I think that its their choice to do that.
I wouldnt buy one and I dont agree with it but I dont think that makes their snakes worth anyless and I dont think anyone has the right to tell them what to do. I mean for christ sakes look what all the hot keepers already have to deal with. Hot or not its their choice. Isnt useing someones pictures without permission against the law? I dont really know just curious your not saying its your but still. No Offense Please. Just my thoughts.
Condoning it or not?
Post #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
David, Do you want to give us some context on these photos?
And yes, they are copyright and since you copied them without permission that is a no-no.
Condoning it or not? A second post against the thread starter and not against the proper people.
Post #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilemama
Don't quote me, because I'm not 100% sure, but I think I heard/read that all of NERD's void are/were rescues.
Condoning it or not? So what if they are rescues? That has nothing to do with the fact that "NERD supports voids and plays with them". It's right there in living color.
Post #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
Yes, I second that. Context please!
So far you have stated you’re a picture thief. Now prove your statement that they support Voids and the context of the pictures you have stolen.
Thanks in advance.
Condoning it or not? Parading venomous animals out within a few feet of the public, void or not, is "supporting voids and playing with them."
Post #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
David: We all have our opinions on voids. Myself, I am against them. HOWEVER, you reprinted pix that were removed from a site without permission, and admit to it; that is not a good thing to do. Further, we have no context to form an opinion. Even the folks who are anti void will by and large find a place in their heart to accept one in a rescue circumstance.
Condoning it or not? What's with all the context to form an opinion crap? Not one single person asked the dude who decided to wear his rattlesnake as a bracelet what kind of context he did it in.
Post #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Perhaps if YOU do not even know the context in which they were originally posted, it wasn't such a good idea to post them here and add your own thoughts to them......which COULD be far from the truth.
I have strong feelings against voids myself, but I don't think I would have made a post like this without knowing for CERTAIN what those pictures were all about.
Condoning it or not?
Post #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
Don't you think it is up to YOU to prove your claims? You come on here and accuse people of very specific things but have no proof of those things, only assumptions, and then tell other people to go and find out for themselves whether you assumptions and accusations are true?
In the future you should really try to get the details and facts BEFORE you accuse people of things.
Condoning it or not?
Post #25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Dragons
David, did it ever cross your mind to contact NERD and perhaps ask them if the pictures in question are theirs? And then maybe ask for an explanation of what everyone is seeing in those pictures?
I think that would have been a better first step. Then once you received your answer you would have been able to make a post here with context and facts to back up your statements. Your opinions would have been received better too.
Condoning it or not?
Post #44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
David, the bashing you are taking is your own doing. I am not happy with what I see in the pictures either but the plain fact is you can't make accusations without a factual basis.
What do you call someone who takes something that belongs to someone else without permission?
Barely condemning it. It is this post, #44 and Page 9 before anyone decides not to condone freehandling hots. David's accusations were 100% right. Where's David's apology? NERD DID PLAY WITH HOTS. It's right there.

I must have viewed a different set of pictures because here's my take on them:
A Gaboon viper inches from a person's knee.
A woman holding a very large albino cobra with two hands.
Kevin with a cobra with its mouth open only about 5 inches from his finger.
Kevin holding a cobra inches from his face with his finger on the cobra's head.
Kevin holding a very large rattlesnake with people all around.
Kevin with two cobras hooded on the ground about 8' from a man, two children & a woman calmly sitting on the ground.
Kevin on the ground with a cobra hooded in front of him with a child about 5' away and bystanders all around.
And then the kicker, 3 adults and 2 kids petting a cobra held by Kevin.

It looks like a good time was had by all at NERD's "Venomous Playday".

Old 07-09-2005, 09:19 PM   #150
bcfos
Very well said Karen. Well said indeed. Does anyone know the venomous laws in New England? Reason being if it is a permit required they would have to have one being a cobra even if it is a void is still classified as a cobra and would be a permit required snake. I highly doubt fish and game would turn ove a confiscated snake which is classified by law as venomous to anyone. Most cases they destroy such animals so they can get some press so the public can see how they are saving the public from such dangers..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread