NERD supports Voids and plays with them - Page 17 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 10:13 PM   #161
sirenofthestorm
Oh yes, focussing on intellectual property rights and quiblling over two wrong words instead of FREE HANDLING of voids is really the right order of priorities. And no one should have to defend themselves from such action. I forgot.

</sarcasm>

Old 07-09-2005, 10:21 PM   #162
bcfos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
Well Mr. Rhodes Scholar, they vary from state to state and last time I checked "New England" was not a state.

Best as I can determine, for New Hamshire (yes New Hampshire is a state and is where NERD is):

Native Venomous: Permit required

Exotic Venomous: Permit required

Protected Native Venomous: Permit required

Timber Rattlesnake (Crotalus horridus)

New Hampshire Fish and Game Department

2 Hazen Drive

Concord, NH 03301

So yes Virginia, a permit is required in New Hampshire.

Thanks Jimbo that is all I needed. Time to use that reverse look up function and give Fish and Game a call Monday morning.

Once again thanks bud...

Old 07-09-2005, 10:26 PM   #163
Rebel Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcfos
Thanks Jimbo that is all I needed. Time to use that reverse look up function and give Fish and Game a call Monday morning.

Once again thanks bud...

New Hampshire Fish and Game Department
11 Hazen Drive
Concord, NH 03301

Executive Director’s Office
director@wildlife.state.nh.us 603-271-3511
fax 603-271-1438

Comments
comments@wildlife.state.nh.us

License Information, Merchandise 603-271-3421
or 603-271-3422

License Agent Accounting 603-271-2743

Wildlife Division
wilddiv@wildlife.state.nh.us 603-271-2461
or 603-271-2462

U.S.D.A. Wildlife Services 603-223-6832
Inland Fisheries Division
fish@wildlife.state.nh.us 603-271-2501
or 603-271-2502

Law Enforcement Division
law@wildlife.state.nh.us 603-271-3127
Dispatch
Weekdays, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.;
Sept. 1 to Dec. 5, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. 603-271-3361

Old 07-09-2005, 10:28 PM   #164
bcfos
Even better gives me time to work on proper emails.

Old 07-09-2005, 10:40 PM   #165
robin d.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bthacker
YOUR ANATOMY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING A RESPONSIBLE KEEPER!!

You don't get it.

bthacker
it indeed does..........
let me give you an example....
we have a couple of copperheads up to two years ago i would water them and give them water and feed them... now my eyesight has gotten extremely poor due to some big ass cones (keratoconus) on my corneas...... because of that my husband asked me to no longer help out with the coppers in fact he asked me if i would not handle the bigger contrictors (over 6 feet) with out him there.... these cones are part of my anatomy now and to be a responsible keeper i must realize this... i never put any of our snakes around my neck nor does my husband we discourage those who do even young animals. so yes anatomy does have play a part in respionsible keeping. health problems or not.

i do not agree with the whole void issue but if it is, used for education
purposes only (not breeding projects) and all voids should always be handled as if they hot... it can be a good experience to teach others tongs, hooks tubes correct pinning and holding all protocals of how you would treat a hot anamal.

Old 07-09-2005, 10:42 PM   #166
Karen Hulvey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Dragons
Nice twist Karen.
Quote:
I believe that I made all this clear in a post this morning. But if there's anywhere where anyone can show that I approved of this activity (aside from Karen's convoluted "You condone it by not condeming it" long after I had indeed condemned it) I would be interested to know where it is.
Convoluted = Twist, twist around, pervert.

Sorry folks but I did not twist a single thing. I only posted what others have already posted and I posted those posts in their entirety. Everyone went on and on and on about stealing pictures from a free website to what context the freehandling of hots was done in. IMO that's condoning it by excusing it. Like it matters what context it was in when a Gabon viper is on the ground 4" from someone's knee.
Quote:
I am not happy with what I see in the pictures either
If the above quote is you "condemning" the fact that NERD freehandled hots, then you're losing your touch, Jim.

Condone = Excuse, overlook, or make allowances for; be lenient with; "Excuse someone's behavior".

Some people still act like freehandling hots is nothing. But reposting pictures from a free website is baaaaad. Crucify David, he reposted some pictures from a free website. Woohooo, he's gonna get picture posting banned. Yeah, I know some people rectified their mistake yet still blame David and the freehandling hots bit is just a little matter, nothing really.

The pictures speak for themselves. Everyone who views those pictures should be outraged yet we're still fighting over the context in which David posted them. Pathetic, really.

Old 07-09-2005, 10:44 PM   #167
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hulvey
we're still fighting over the context in which David posted them.
No Karen, that discussion was over until you brought it back up.

Old 07-09-2005, 10:49 PM   #168
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hulvey
you're losing your touch, Jim
Don't like the kinder, gentler me?

Old 07-09-2005, 10:55 PM   #169
Rockford
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin s.
it indeed does..........
let me give you an example....
we have a couple of copperheads up to two years ago i would water them and give them water and feed them... now my eyesight has gotten extremely poor due to some big ass cones (keratoconus) on my corneas...... because of that my husband asked me to no longer help out with the coppers in fact he asked me if i would not handle the bigger contrictors (over 6 feet) with out him there.... these cones are part of my anatomy now and to be a responsible keeper i must realize this... i never put any of our snakes around my neck nor does my husband we discourage those who do even young animals. so yes anatomy does have play a part in respionsible keeping. health problems or not.

i do not agree with the whole void issue but if it is, used for education
purposes only (not breeding projects) and all voids should always be handled as if they hot... it can be a good experience to teach others tongs, hooks tubes correct pinning and holding all protocals of how you would treat a hot anamal.
What? I am sorry I should have said that your brain is the only part of your anatomy that has anything to do with responsible reptile keeping.

Thanks for your insight though.....I guess.

Jim was right after all......

Now back to the real issue please......

bthacker

Old 07-09-2005, 11:06 PM   #170
robin d.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bthacker

Now back to the real issue please......

bthacker
what that your a f ucking a sshole, whom can only see one side... like i said i do not agree but there are some other very valid opinions on here.
\
they say you can drown inl less than an inch of water...... does it seem plausable, yes because a friend of mine did.... does it happen often no
so get that corn cob out of your ass , take those f ucking blinders off and start looking at the bigger f ucking picture

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread