NERD supports Voids and plays with them - Page 20 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 02:38 AM   #191
sirenofthestorm
Well I would love for brian to be proven wrong :P, but I'm not holding my breath. NERD, friends of kara and kevin, anyone?

Old 07-10-2005, 03:43 AM   #192
robin d.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Harbart
Last and only reminder to keep it on topic and civil, folks. I've already issued a couple warnings to participants in this thread, and don't really look forward to having to issue out more (to include possible suspensions) in the morning.
ok ken
considering the last few weeks here, is suspention such a bad thing?
send it to hell so people can duke it out there

hmmmmmm 2:48 am CST, still waking hours ahhhhh

Old 07-10-2005, 03:48 AM   #193
CaptainSlackass
I was blown away by what I saw. I recognized who was in the picture, but I'm sure that others didn't. Some of the people jumping all over David probably did so not because they condoned what they saw... They did so because they couldn't believe that NERD would do something like that, and wanted to be sure that was really NERD, and not something else.

After the facts were played out and NERD did respond, there sure could have been a little more appreciation shown for what David tried to do here. So the presentation was a little bit clumsy. He went out on a limb, and spoke his mind. And he was right.

When I saw these pic's I was speechless. Absolutely dumbstruck. I've always enjoyed Kara's posts, and I've seen some breathtaking animals that are a part of NERDS collection. I'm not talking about the morphs... I've seen drop dead gorgeous Boa's, blood pythons, hell - lot's of things. I've always had the utmost respect for NERD... before this.

As a leader in the industry NERD really should come clean about this whole thing. What's the real story on the origin of these voids?

At this point all of the unanswered questions will look a lot worse than the simple truth possibly could.

Old 07-10-2005, 03:49 AM   #194
CaptainSlackass
There's no need to send this to HELL. This is a big issue, and shouldn't be "buried on page 23"... so to speak. If anyone wants to "duke it out" a new thread could easily be started in down there.

Old 07-10-2005, 03:54 AM   #195
DaveyFig
I think the initial posting of the pictures is more than enough to warrant the title of the thread, without having to back anything up, and displays the context itself.
Here is what I see in the pictures(and it matches the title, wooohoo!).
A Nerd (some may choose the word dork, or geek to describe him, David chose nerd)

Supporting( that cobra isnt levitatiting, or floating on a cotton candy cloud, and is clearly "supported" by the fella mentioned above)

and playing (yeah, it's "educational" but so is "playing with legos, or a gyroscope)

Voids (this is the only part I am not sure fits with the title without clarification, as there is no evidence in the pictures to show that the snakes in the pictures have been venom-glandularly-neutered)

Yeah, I said "venom-glandularly-neutered" use it, and I will sue...or something

Old 07-10-2005, 03:57 AM   #196
DaveyFig
I meant "levitating", but it is 1 am...goodnight all

Old 07-10-2005, 04:23 AM   #197
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSlackass
I was blown away by what I saw. I recognized who was in the picture, but I'm sure that others didn't. Some of the people jumping all over David probably did so not because they condoned what they saw... They did so because they couldn't believe that NERD would do something like that, and wanted to be sure that was really NERD, and not something else. .
I would have to agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hulvey
Sorry folks but I did not twist a single thing. I only posted what others have already posted and I posted those posts in their entirety.
Actually, you did not. I was wrong in my initial assessment of what David was all about in his initial post and I stated it.

It appeared by the way it was posted and I pointed it out in my follow-up post to the one you quoted was that David was someone who had a bad transaction with NERD because he rated them negative in their certification.

The discussion took a different path largely because in the same post he said he actually knew nothing about the true origins of the pictures and everyone could go find out for themselves.

I have also stated that, I don't like what I see in the pictures. Not only should voids be handled as hots at all times, I personally believe there should be no voids in the first place. IMO. Rescues or not, they should be treated with more respect.

Old 07-10-2005, 04:38 AM   #198
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSlackass
When I saw these pic's I was speechless. Absolutely dumbstruck. I've always enjoyed Kara's posts, and I've seen some breathtaking animals that are a part of NERDS collection. I'm not talking about the morphs... I've seen drop dead gorgeous Boa's, blood pythons, hell - lot's of things. .
I have to agree on this point as well. I have purchased from NERD and have received awesome animals and outstanding customer service. But I have no problems stating that I disagree with photos posted here.

Old 07-10-2005, 04:40 AM   #199
bcfos
Now back to the issue at hand. I think educational shows are a great thing for this hobby if done properly. The showboat mentality displayed by those pictures is far from the proper way to do an educational presentation. Venomoid or not that just adds fuel to the fire to ban reptile ownership nation wide. This is not being a good steward for the reptile community at all and I think most will agree with that. Big time breeder or not anyone does this it is just bad for all of us in the long run.

Old 07-10-2005, 04:41 AM   #200
Chris@TSE
[sarcasm]

What a nice pleasant way to spend your free time....

Try to save some chum for the sharks children....

[/sarcasm]

P.S. Freehandling is an unacceptable practice, hot or void. No excuses whatsoever. Try and you're an imbecile. Also unacceptable is the blind ignorance of those willing to overlook these actions of the offender(s) and pounce on the messenger simply due to the name or status of said offender(s). You should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves....

I do beleive the guys (and gals) at NERD should address this matter, and perhaps change thier views and practices. Teaching people not to respect hots correctly is absolutely insane.......

I really do not see the point of further conversation other than a response from NERD.

We now return to your regularly scheduled pissing match here on FaunaTV. For an extra $10 you can get your pissing matches in HDTV! Act now, operators are standing by....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread