Wanted Looking for books on different subjects, Used or New - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Member to Member Flea Market

Notices

Member to Member Flea Market This forum is for the sale or trade of anything you want, as long as it is legal and both parties respect the laws regarding buying and selling such items.

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 04:46 PM   #1
BBNewYork
Looking for books on different subjects, Used or New

Looking for some books, USED or NEW. Will pick up if in long island area, or pay shipping. I will pay CASH/PAYPAL...as for herp-stuff to trade I am afraid I have nothing except 2 brand new 10 gallon fish tanks with working hoods/regular lighting, large vertical tree branch (fake, non-toxic), and large half-log hideaway (fake, non-toxic).

Rare/1st Edition/Special Edition
Mythology
Scottish/Irish Fiction OR Non-Fiction
Horror
Philosophy
Classics
Literary Criticism/Writing

I will pay a good amount above book value on anything used or new regarding the Hebridean Island of Scarp, Scotland or closely surrounding islands.

If you don't have any of these, but you want to get some books off your shelf, let me know what you have anyway! I am NOT looking to pay Barnes & Noble prices nor and am I looking to buy a $1k pristine 1st edition of Huckleberry Finn. Something in between, ok?
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-04-2009, 04:51 PM   #2
BBNewYork
P.S - This is not for a re-sale business. I am but a humble bibliophile..
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-04-2009, 05:10 PM   #3
Shadera
Have you tried paperbackswap.com? I've gotten some pretty interesting books from there, and it's cost me nothing but old books I no longer have any interest in. I swap my husband's crime novels he reads once then throws away for some good stuff.

Old 08-04-2009, 05:39 PM   #4
BBNewYork
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post
Have you tried paperbackswap.com? I've gotten some pretty interesting books from there, and it's cost me nothing but old books I no longer have any interest in. I swap my husband's crime novels he reads once then throws away for some good stuff.
I haven't tried that site by i know of the whole swapping thing, the problem is that I never want to get rid of any of my books...
Thanks though!
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-04-2009, 08:00 PM   #5
Mistyck
If you want another website like that, then you can also try swaptree.com. You can trade books, dvd's and games.

I understand the problem of never wanting to get rid of your books. I'm the same way with most of my books.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:44 PM   #6
BBNewYork
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyck View Post
If you want another website like that, then you can also try swaptree.com. You can trade books, dvd's and games.

I understand the problem of never wanting to get rid of your books. I'm the same way with most of my books.
I just checked out swaptree and it looks good, i'll give it a try. Thanks!
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-06-2009, 06:22 PM   #7
Mistyck
No problem. I'm a member there myself. It's really a great site, and has a huge selection! If you need any help figuring it out let me know.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread