Yeah well this only LOOKS like a poll...... - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

View Poll Results: What do you want with you on your deserted island? More than 1 OK.
The new 2005 federal income tax code and your tax law book 1 4.35%
Lucille 3 13.04%
A VERY long extension cord, a laptop, and the BOI 11 47.83%
Reptile collection items for an exploration of the island and a hope of a new species 10 43.48%
Hopefully either non venomous or having a slow day in the bite dep't 5 21.74%
A harem of VERY sexy babes 10 43.48%
Who have not seen a man in six months and want YOU 6 26.09%
The entire cast of the Houston Firefighter Calendar guys yep all 12 3 13.04%
A romance novel and a box of chocolates; maybe cheesecake too 2 8.70%
f'ing sand heh 3 13.04%
Champagne, foie gras, lobster souffle, and a little geisha 2 8.70%
A can of Pringles,Scotch whiskey in a Dixie cup and a ho 4 17.39%
Seamus Haley 2 8.70%
Chips, beer, and the Superbowl and your buddies 3 13.04%
other 8 34.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-26-2005, 07:16 AM   #21
Lucille
Let's hear some explanations from those who voted 'other'; we have already heard from Seamus and his slinky.....

Old 01-26-2005, 09:53 AM   #22
Seamus Haley
The slinky is actually causing me a great number of headaches lately...

See, there's one that sits ontop of every computer I've got, it's there for periods of time when I am forced to wait and those occassions when I want to put my fist through the monitor (past experience has taught me that the monitor seems to be more damage resistant than my hand). I'm not big on walking them down stairs, merely inshifting the weight of the coils from hand to hand. Slinkys are balanced... the height of one at rest is about equal to the diameter of the coils, it's why the stairs thing works as far as I can tell... I want a longer slinky. Something where the amount of weight shifted as the coils are pulled from hand to hand is more substantial and the amount of time between shifts is longer.

I took a few (three) of them and linked the edges together... but the problem is that slinkys are normally "sealed" by linking the top coil to the one below it and the result of my frankenslinky is seams where the motion isn't smooth because there are four coils banded together. I'm seriously considering the idea of removing the existing band and then trying to sauter the end links together for a more even motion but I'm honestly not sure if that will really solve the problem (and if enough sauter to hold the ends together while the slinky is moving wouldn't just make it worse than the clamped bands I'm using now).

Oh and... What did I say about the Pats and the AFC Championship? Oh yeah...

Old 02-04-2005, 06:56 PM   #23
Lucille
There have been polls all over this site lately; it is encouraging to see that as of right now, the BOI is winning out even over sexy babes, cheesecake, and slinkies....lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!