Good Guy SoCal Roaches!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:50 PM   #1
fiestyjess
SoCal Roaches!!

Got 2 orders from SoCal roaches, and can't be more pleased!
Loving the quality of mealworms I have gotten, and look forward to getting some roaches as well!!!

Old 12-28-2011, 07:15 PM   #2
herpetologies
Roaches

I'm glad you had a good experience, because me and so many others have not and I am actually very surprised you even got your order from this guy.

Darien
Dubia Roaches

Old 01-18-2012, 11:54 PM   #3
DaveyFig
Last week I ordered some superworms from SoCal Roaches when I was reading nothing but good things about them on an auction page on facebook. I searched for them on here, but didn't find the thread that linked them to bad dealings under another company name.

I laid the groundwork for the purchase earlier in the week, letting Rene know that I would be ordering some geckos for my daughter and would need feeders for them. Then I place my orders for the feeders and the geckos. I was told that the worms would arrive by Friday at the latest. When I read about Rene's inability to post ads on the facebook page the next day, I looked into it a bit. I questioned him about it, and was assured that I would be getting a tracking number the night of the 12th. My geckos arrived the morning of the 12th, and I needed feeders. He did not ship on the 12th, and I responded to another post asking about my shipment.

I chose to buy feeders from a local place. I didn't want to because they only offered them in 1000 count and higher, and I only had 7 geckos. I let Rene know that I didn't need the feeders yet and to not ship them if he had not already. Not only did I not need 500 more superworms, but weather in the low 20s is forecast for the next few days. His reply to that was a tracking number. He set up the shipment online, and sent me the tracking number after I asked him not to ship. Again, I let him know of the weather conditions so that he would not go ahead and ship. He shipped anyway.

He is deleting my comments on his feeder auction page on facebook now. He set up his own page after being banned from the other. He was allowed back on the other one, but has been banned once again.

He asked that I send payment as a "gift" via paypal, and I did, thinking that that was his way of keeping his prices low. Now I know it is to protect him from people getting their money back.

He makes promises that he cannot keep. I have learned my lesson. Even if the worms do arrive alive tomorrow, I won't be dealing with this guy again.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:07 AM   #4
Wilomn
Yo Vato, if he's down my way give me his info and I'll stop by and say hello for you and see about getting you your money back.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:10 AM   #5
DaveyFig
It's only $13.75, plus 70 cents for paypal gift fee! I wont have his address til my worms get here!

Old 01-19-2012, 12:21 AM   #6
DaveyFig
Here is our communication starting from the beginning. Gaps are due to discussions on the facebook page (some of which have been deleted by him. Between my last statement on the 8th, and my following one on the 10th I placed an order with him on the facebook page and asked him to send me an invoice to pay.

January 8
David Giltner
I am thinking about getting a couple groups of geckos for my daughter and want a good source for feeders. You don't have prices for super worms on your site(that I can see anyway). What is the normal price for 500, and about how long does shipping take?

January 8
SoCal Roaches
super worms are 1.75 per 100 and meal worms 1.00 per 100
s/h for 500 meal worms or super worms is only 5.00
you might want to check out this page and get in on some awesome auctions

January 8
SoCal Roaches
https://www.facebook.com/groups/164893333616751/
Reptile, Amphibian, and Feeder Auctions
Welcome to Reptile, Amphibian, and Feeder Auctions. Here we want good, clean, fun selling legal reptiles, amphibians and feeders. Payment and delivery is between the auctioneer and the bidder. This p...

January 8
David Giltner
That is where I found you! I don't want to have to rely on winning auctions all the time to feed the geckos when I get them, lol

January 8
SoCal Roaches
oh i know i was just suggesting thats all

January 8
David Giltner
I appreciate it! Been watching your auctions the past couple of days to get a feel of what I would be paying. I live in central Cal, so weather is always good for shipping...(well, until it gets too hot!)

January 10
David Giltner
want to send me a paypal request? DaveyFig@aol.com

January 10
SoCal Roaches
ok invoice sent, if you can send it as a gift payment that would be great, thanks!

January 10
David Giltner
Ok, I sent it, but wasnt able to use the invoice to do a gift. I went ahead and just did a regular gift payment without the invoice, and it charged like 70 cents, no sweat!

January 10
SoCal Roaches
np its all good

January 12
David Giltner
I read your post on the classified page and wanted to see if you shipped my order yesterday. I ordered geckos for my daughter based on the assumption that my feeders were on the way. If there is a delay, I completely understand. I just need to know if I need to make other arrangements. I am a cancer survivor myself, and know how difficult things can be sometimes.

January 12
SoCal Roaches
what was your order and what shipping address do i need to send it o
i cant access my paypal right now, soryr
sorry
i just need your shipping address i know what its for
500 supers

January 12
David Giltner
was 500 supers to David Giltner 336 north B st. Exeter, CA 93221

January 12
SoCal Roaches
ok got it
i will send them out today
going to take them to the post office near lax tonight
you should have them by saturday

January 12
David Giltner
OK, just let me know if you don't make it. I thought they were shipped yesterday and would have been waiting around.

January 12
SoCal Roaches
sorry i was a little sick yesterday i tried, i feel bad about this, i really do
but i will have them shipped i promise and will get you a tracking number tonight

January 12
David Giltner
Like I said, I have been there. Apparently others aren't as forgiving/understanding.

January 12
SoCal Roaches
i take it you read the reptiles auction page
well i will fight through this i will win and i will be on top
you will see

January 12
David Giltner
I have no doubt you will do good! You seem like an alright guy! I did read where people are saying they didn't get orders though.

January 12
SoCal Roaches
i have shipped close to 100 packages in a week or so now, it wouldnt surprise me if a few got lost, its the nature of the beast

Sunday
David Giltner
I didn't get a tracking number. Did you ship my supers out on Thursday? I am kind of worried now with tomorrow being a Holiday and all.

Monday
SoCal Roaches
I am reshipping you another order of 500 supers, and will have a tracking number for you tonight if not tomorrow for sure, I am trying to keep all issues in private messages, and again I am positive i did respond and if you didn't get it or what not, i am sorry , but you will get your order as promised and paid for this week, that i can assure you.

Monday
David Giltner
Do not send more! If you already sent them, lets just hope they arent all dead.I only have 7 geckos that I bought when I thought I had 500 supers on the way from you. I had to buy supers about half an hour away so I could pick them up, and couldn't get them in smaller than 1000 count. I don't need extras. I just needed what I ordered. You told me you were sick, and couldnt ship. I was fine with that. Then you said you were shipping on the 12th, and would have tracking info. You didn't. All I wanted was communication. I believed in you when others were doubting.

Monday
David Giltner
Did you send them before?

23 hours ago
David Giltner
I cannot believe you sent them today after I told you not to yesterday. Its in the 20s here at night, and you knew I didn't need them yet.

23 hours ago
SoCal Roaches
i wasnt aware of the weather, if they arive and are dead i will replace them, i shipped out over 60 packages today, i figured i would get all orders out today, didn't mean to offend or upset anyone

23 hours ago
David Giltner
I told you last night that I only had 7 geckos to feed and already bought 1000 superworms when you didn't ship. I talked to you about feeders before I even bought the geckos, and assumed you were shipping when you said you would. Then you said you were sending on the 12th, and would have a tracking number...nothing. You didn't respond until I posted on your auction. Then last night you said you would "reship", when you never shipped in the first place. All I asked for was communication an honesty. I told you I knew where you were coming from, and you still dropped the ball. How can you lie to people and not mean to offend?

23 hours ago
David Giltner
If I knew you were going to ship after I asked you not to, I would have asked for mealworms that would make it in the cold.

about an hour ago
David Giltner
Why do I not get a chance to speak? You ignore me in private, and sweep me under the rug in public.

58 minutes ago
SoCal Roaches
order update -

Label/Receipt Number: 9101 1501 3471 1136 7686 70
Class: Priority Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was processed through our BAKERSFIELD, CA 93380 facility on January 18, 2012 at 3:55 pm. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Enter Label/Receipt Number.

Detailed Results:

Processed through USPS Sort Facility, January 18, 2012, 3:55 pm, BAKERSFIELD, CA 93380
Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility, January 17, 2012, 5:20 pm, LOS ANGELES, CA 90052
Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility, January 17, 2012, 4:05 pm, LOS ANGELES, CA 90002
Electronic Shipping Info Received, January 17, 2012

56 minutes ago
David Giltner
I am aware of that. I told you not to send them though. Why would you lie about sending them, and when called on that lie and then requested to not send them yet, you send them anyway?

For the record, I am not as gullible as it appears in my responses. I felt that I was being taken and started trying to kiss his butt a little in hopes of changing that.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:42 PM   #7
nahuelarg86
I was scammed by this guy too, did the gift thing and everything. So the package was delivered from BAKERSFIELD, CA 93380? I would like to do a search of this guy...

Old 01-19-2012, 05:00 PM   #8
Spyral
Unfortunately, you should do research on people even if they are recommnded in Facebook groups or other online communities. Often, these groups do not want to ruffle any feathers so they block bad reviews or links to any problems. In some cases, they will ban problematic users but it puts them in a very delicate position, being caught in the middle of a dispute.

If they are trying to get established in a new community, disreputable sellesr will treat some people especially well and skimp on the rest and use tricks like Paypal gift payments (which is against Paypal's TOS).

Old 01-19-2012, 06:17 PM   #9
Southern Wolf
Some of his other dealings can be found in this thread

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=237491

Old 02-11-2012, 01:06 AM   #10
knuckleheadiam
I was riped off by this guy also.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!