Moment of clairity?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

Old 09-25-2004, 07:55 AM   #1
bcfos
Moment of clairity??

Maybe it is lack of sleep or maybe it is lack of booze, but I just had a moment of clairity. You know one of those moments you have in life when you look back and things actually make since. Well believe it or not I just had one of those moments. Granted this moment was clouded with pissed off ex's and numerous mornings when I woke up and didn't know where the hell I was or who the hell the chick next to me was, but it is clear now. Things make since to me now for some reason. Years of high expectations on my behalf have jaded my view of the opposite sex. Should I lower said expectations knowing no woman alive could possibly meet them? Yes but what expectations should I have now? I sure am not using any ex's as a mold as that would be wasteful. Any ideas and or input you may have will be great as I need diffferent views to compair and make a final judgement on.

Old 09-25-2004, 03:31 PM   #2
sirenofthestorm
You already have my list of what I think needs to change to eliminate your melodrama... I can repeat it for you if you like
But I'm interested to see what everyone else has to say too.

Old 09-25-2004, 07:36 PM   #3
bcfos
Yeah I am interested on other opinions also to help formulate a plan.

Old 09-25-2004, 09:07 PM   #4
Lucille
1) learn to spell: e.g., clarity
2) Be yourself, everyone likes you, Brian
3) If I could change anything (which I cannot) it would be
a) When you are through with someone, be gentle, make her feel good, it only takes a few minutes and it is an art you need to learn to make life calmer.
b) You have to drink less or your liver will kill you before some outraged chick will (see section a).

Old 09-25-2004, 09:38 PM   #5
bcfos
Thanks Luc I know my spelling was bad but being up about 26 hours killed me.

Old 09-26-2004, 02:44 AM   #6
Laura
How about learn how to respect. (this might mean you need to hang out with people you can respect) This might be cheesy, but treat others the way you would like to be treated. From what I've read of your posts Brian, you have a lot of ex's, and they are all ex's for a reason of course. Perhaps you should try to find someone respectable. Just my 0.02.

Old 09-26-2004, 07:35 PM   #7
sirenofthestorm
here here, laura. I think Brian can respect women, just not the ones in his past... and some in his present I'm sure.

Old 09-26-2004, 09:16 PM   #8
beakgeek
Brian

As someone who was married for 11 years and then divorced I think I might be able to shed some light. In the course of two years I was single, I dated about 20 different women. A good portion of those were 1-2 dates. Mostly, things did not work out after they found out I had a daughter from a previous marriage, and then suddenly had no interest; despite initial physical attraction.

From reading your posts I gather that to you women are trinkets/prizes for you to dominate. You need to realize that there are LOTS of very intelligent and attractive women out there that are probably what you would consider "hotties", but you have yet to figure it out. You need to take some time off and figure yourself out. Only after that can you truly figure out what you really want, and will be able to be in a caring, giving realtionship.

Women are just like men, despite some current male thinking, they want to be loved, cared for, and participate in a good relationship. Good relationship = loving, caring, understanding, appreciating, and providing sexual satisfaction(i.e. reading your partner and giving them what they desire).

Anyone can be be a slut - man or woman. A person who knows themselves well enough to engage the opposite sex in a stimulating, exciting relationship is a true find. Good luck in your seach.

Regards,

Terry

Old 09-26-2004, 09:27 PM   #9
Lucille
Jeez Terry, I absolutely think the world needs about 2 billion men just like you. I really admire what you just said.

Old 09-26-2004, 09:47 PM   #10
beakgeek
Lucille

I was raised by an Irish Catholic mother who taught me that everyone is created equal. I'm just trying to follow Mom's lead.

Regards,

Terry

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!