Looking for info on Fredrick Jones suspected scammer - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-07-2005, 05:24 AM   #1
tenneseejed
Looking for info on Fredrick Jones suspected scammer

I had posted this in the general buisness discussion and obviously it wasnt where the thread needed to be so i am posting it here.

Well i have a couple of red tails listed for sale or trade and recieved a few replies for things i wasnt really interested in,So after a few weeks i got a reply from a guy Fredrick Jones fredreach@fastermail.com stating that he is interested in buying them.After we exchanged a few emails pertaining to info about the herps he then informed me that he definetely wants to buy them and tells me he currently is living in the uk on vacation,But supposedly he is from maryland, And he supposedly has a wife in maryland.He then ask if i am able to ship internationallly which i am not,And he says no matter that he has an international shipper it wouldnt be a problem.

So anyways what he proposes is, he is going to have his wiife(in maryland) send me a Postal Money Order for 3000$ I am to cash it take my money out and then he wants me to take the left over 2500 and western union it to this international shipper of his and after the shipper recieves his money he will come to my location and pick up the snakes.Now this seems very odd to me,Why end up paying 3000 for a pair of boas,I mean there nice but there no morphs or genetic magic !I ask him why cant your wife just send me my money and the shipper his money,and he tells me that his wife doesnt like him having reptiles and exotics so he doesnt want her to know what hes getting so hes telling her hes buying something other than snakes,and doesnt want her to know what the shipper is shipping!

I also ask him why not just get herps over there in the uk, he never gave me an answer! I dont know what the laws are over there or anyhting with uk herps but surelly you can get snakes over there and not have to pay a few grand to ship.

I posted this on general buisness discussions and have gotten a few
replies stating it was a nigerian scam thats pretty common.They somewhat explained how it worked.they send you a fake cashiers check and then you cash it send money to there shipper they come get your snakes and a couple weeks later when the bank realizes that you had a fake check they back bill you for the balance.The one thing i dont understand is how you can get a fake usps money order and how come the bank cannot determine this just by seeing it,i thought there was a heat sensitive area on them if you breath or use some sort of heat to check them a mark shows up,got to be someway to tell if there real

The guys name is Fredrick Jones fredreach@fastermail.com and was wondering if this is a reoccuring scam if anyone on here has had this guy inparticular try to run it on them.

I dont really know what to think of all this,It just seems very wierd and thought id post and see what you guys thought! Should i or shouldnt I?He states my money order should be here this week LOL
But anyways any feedback or thoughts on this is greatly appreciated!!

Old 02-07-2005, 07:05 AM   #2
turtlepimp
This is just another variation on the Nigerian scams that have been around the last few months.When someone offers to overpay for anything,just walk away.

Andy Sury

Old 02-07-2005, 07:09 AM   #3
tenneseejed
Ok i see how it works now

I just read the long,very entertaining hiliarious KIMBI post on down in the BOI,It seems everyone gets a kick out of these dumbasses trying to rip us off,I am expecting my fake money order to be arriving this week! Woo Hooo

Posted the mans name and address in post above if anyone wants to have some fun with this one.

Old 02-07-2005, 07:12 AM   #4
BriarpatchHerps
The guy's a con-artist.....he contacted me a couple weeks ago with the same BS story and after telling him to send me phone numbers for him, his wife and his shipping agent so I could verify his story I never heard from him again. Imagine that!

Old 02-07-2005, 10:15 AM   #5
DavidButton
Boy this sounds familiar. There was another thread just like this over the summer. It is probably the same guy. Who knows how many people he has scammed in this fassion. I think that this is a money laundering scheme myself.

David Button

Old 02-07-2005, 05:30 PM   #6
tenneseejed
Unbelievable got 2 more today

For some reason im getting all kinds of these guys now!I think im going to start a fake check collection,LOL Well these guys contacted me through VR.org so i thought id post there info here as well,since i conveinently have the thread started.

The latest that has tryed this scam,

smith Collier <theactofgodcharityhome@hotmail.com>

zeeze Rico <zman_erico05@hotmail.com>

Replyed to them both that last asking price for my boas was 10000 each,wonder how much i can get them to send in a fake check?

Should i contact hotmail and let them know these individuals are using there service to try and scam people or is there any thing hotmail can do?

Anyways any emails or names i get i will continue to post them!!

Old 02-07-2005, 05:33 PM   #7
tenneseejed
Email addresses for ones listed above

heres the emails for the ones listed above

zman_erico05@hotmail.com Zeeze Rico

theactofgodcharityhome@hotmail.com Smith Collier

Old 02-07-2005, 05:44 PM   #8
Karen Hulvey
This has been going on for over 2 years in the bird trade. Now many ads for birds for sale have a little disclaimer: No cashier's checks.

Old 02-07-2005, 06:43 PM   #9
Amos
Talking Same.....

Guy who is trying to get me.I have a check on the way from him...LOL

Trey Small

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!