Question on eggs... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-20-2005, 09:44 AM   #1
tundrageckos
Question on eggs...

Hello guys,

First of all, thank you guys for the compliments. I will keep posting more and more pics as the babies keep growing and as i hatch more.

I will also like to ask you guys a question about eggs. I have 2 eggs incubating at around 89 F; they have been like that since they were 3 weeks old. For those first 3 weeks, i kept them at 82 F.

Now, this eggs are almost 30 days old, and one of them has started to sweat. I have seen my eggs sweating before, but when they are about to hatch...like at around 50 days old. What would be your guess...? I do not want to be pesimistic, but i would think this is one is going bad...hopefully not. I will really appreciate your comments.

Thank you,

David & Daniel Villar

Old 03-20-2005, 09:54 AM   #2
Gregg M
I am no expert but I would have to say it has something to do with the incubation temps..... The "tremper method" is good if you want to produce bright females but it is not good for hatch rates..... I also thing it is a false representaion of the animals in a way..... But that is only if you kept your incubation methods a secret from the public and someone looking to buy one of the hot females from you......

Old 03-20-2005, 10:00 AM   #3
tundrageckos
Thank you...

Hey Greg,

I completely agree with you...actually i have never tried this "method" before, and i only did it with this 2 eggs to see what happens...I am glad i didnt do it with more eggs.

Here are some of my babies that were incubated at steady temps...
Attached Images

Old 03-20-2005, 11:11 AM   #4
Sunset Gecko
I love the last one!

Old 03-20-2005, 11:16 AM   #5
dragonflyreptiles
that last one is AWESOME all 3 are cute but that last one man, really nice!

Old 03-20-2005, 11:36 AM   #6
Gekkonida
Wow, that last little one is going to be a real looker! I have also tried the tremper incubating method with a couple eggs and it produced so so results. I also ran into the same issue as you. Two of the four eggs started to sweat around day 35 neither of the eggs lasted full term. The two that did hatch were very nice but were not that much better than what I was hatching at regular temps. It could be that I have not seen a large enough sampling to make an educated guess on the issue however. Hope this helps.

Old 03-20-2005, 12:54 PM   #7
Gregg M
From the looks of you geckos hatched at regular temps, there is no reason at all for you to use the tremper method..... Those are stunning.....

Old 03-20-2005, 02:07 PM   #8
tundrageckos

yeah, i know...i still wanted to try something different...didnt give me good results though...

Thanks,

Old 03-20-2005, 03:25 PM   #9
surfrkidts
can somone link me to what the tremper method is?

Old 03-20-2005, 04:04 PM   #10
GeckoPalace
Wow, that last one is really a screamer. I liked all the others one too, but the last one made me take a breath in.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!