Need help - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Other Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-14-2007, 06:53 PM   #1
Cazador
Lightbulb Need help

Hi all,
I accidentally posted this under the wrong forum a while back. I hope that members from different forums can work together for a common purpose. There's an effort underway at Thamnophis.com to determine the level of interest that garter snake keepers have in getting Europe's best garter snake book (Strumpfbandnattern) translated from German into English. If the interest level is great enough, the publisher may be willing to reprint the book in English. New copies of Strumpfbandnattern (written in German) sell for the equivalent of $35 USD. Even if you wouldn't read it, others would and be able to answer your questions and ultimately help you out.

In comparison, The Garter Snakes by Rossman et al. is widely considered to be the best book on garter snakes written in English. New copies sell for $64 USD.

The current version of Strumpfbandnattern, written in German, can be viewed at the following link:
http://www.ms-verlag.de/index.php?12...t_products=309

The poll to determine the interest level for an English translation is at the following link:
http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/gene...ndnattern.html

More info on this book, in English, can be found at:
http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/gene...ake-books.html

Thanks for your attention.
Rick

Old 01-14-2007, 07:01 PM   #2
Cazador
The links seem to be broken, so you can find the poll by going to www.thamnophis.com/forum. Then click on the "General talk" subforum. Then click on the "Best Snake Books" thread for more info or the "Strumpfbandnattern" thread, which is currently on page two, for the poll. Kind regards,
Rick

Old 05-05-2007, 11:40 PM   #4
sschind
Just wanted to bump this up and make the appeal again. You don't need to be into garter snakes to benefit from something like this. Non English language publishers need to be made aware that there is a large section of the world that do not speak or read their language and that by publishing books in English they just might be opening themselves up for a large profit. And yes I know there is a large section of the world that does not speak English. Yes, this river flows in both directions.

Old 05-15-2007, 07:45 AM   #5
Ameivaboy
Glad to come across this Rick, I'm sure you already know I'm all for it and have voted already

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!